*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
SummerMelody wrote:
How do we feel about new pathfinder nodes? Are they good enough to dethrone assassin as the best in slot asc?

For this build? Unlikely. The extra damage just doesn't look like it'd be enough.

You can probably make a very effective and very cheap CA/Toxic rain build, though. Things like Lioneye's Glare or maybe Ming's Heart are cheap and provide an interesting early-league alternative. It'll be an entirely different thing, though.
No zana abyss. Me sad. Might have to make this my second character.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I could be way off, but one of the Delve biomes is Abyss, right?
"
vdk89 wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I could be way off, but one of the Delve biomes is Abyss, right?

I just re-watched the delve trailer closely and you're correct. There are breach and abyss icons at delve map checkpoints. :)) Cool.
Last edited by Moridin79 on Aug 29, 2018, 9:20:55 AM
Someone update this build for 3.4 plx, prolly gonna be my 2nd grill this league. :P

Btw. does the current version not have any freeze protection?
Last edited by Maredasan on Aug 29, 2018, 12:45:29 PM
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I just re-watched the delve trailer closely and you're correct. There are breach and abyss icons at delve map checkpoints. :)) Cool.

Neat! You did more work than me, I just looked at one of screenshots on the delve page.
I was really excited to play this build but it it seems a whole section of patch notes seem to be dedicated to nerf this build:

Spoiler
To coincide with the new Chaos Damage bow skills, we've reviewed and adjusted some of the Poison and Bow passives around the Ranger.

The Fatal Toxins cluster between the Shadow and the Ranger now grants a total of 65% increased Damage with Poison (down from 115%), but now also grants a total of 55% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills.
Master Fletcher and the passive skill leading to it now grant increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while Wielding a Bow.
Dirty Techniques now grants 25% increased Damage with Poison (down from 50%) but now also grants 25% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills. The passives leading to the notable now grant increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills instead of Increased Damage with Poison.
Toxic Strikes now grants 30% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills rather than increased Damage with Poison. The small passive leading to it now grants 10% increased Damage with Poison (down from 20%) and 10% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills.
Deadly Draw and the passives leading to it now grant increased Damage over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Bow.
Aspect of the Eagle, and the passive skills around it, now also grant increased Damage over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Bow.
Lethality and the passives leading to it have had the same treatment.
So have the passives leading to King of the Hill.
... and Avatar of the Hunt.

We dont deal chaos damage with hits as far as i understand.
Did this build suffer a hard blow or am i missing something? Is going physical with snake bites the only alternative?
"
El_Grappadura wrote:
I was really excited to play this build but it it seems a whole section of patch notes seem to be dedicated to nerf this build:

Spoiler
To coincide with the new Chaos Damage bow skills, we've reviewed and adjusted some of the Poison and Bow passives around the Ranger.

The Fatal Toxins cluster between the Shadow and the Ranger now grants a total of 65% increased Damage with Poison (down from 115%), but now also grants a total of 55% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills.
Master Fletcher and the passive skill leading to it now grant increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while Wielding a Bow.
Dirty Techniques now grants 25% increased Damage with Poison (down from 50%) but now also grants 25% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills. The passives leading to the notable now grant increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills instead of Increased Damage with Poison.
Toxic Strikes now grants 30% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills rather than increased Damage with Poison. The small passive leading to it now grants 10% increased Damage with Poison (down from 20%) and 10% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills.
Deadly Draw and the passives leading to it now grant increased Damage over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Bow.
Aspect of the Eagle, and the passive skills around it, now also grant increased Damage over Time with Bow Skills, rather than increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Bow.
Lethality and the passives leading to it have had the same treatment.
So have the passives leading to King of the Hill.
... and Avatar of the Hunt.

Did this build suffer a hard blow or am i missing something? Is going physical with snake bites the only alternative?

Nah it's fine. Assasain and abyss jewels are what make the build op.
"
El_Grappadura wrote:

Poison damage, chaos damage, and chaos damage with attack skills all boost our poison DoT. The nodes were split because of the new Caustic Arrow, but the split has no impact on our DPS. 15% Poison damage + 15% Chaos damage with attacks is the exact same thing as the old 30% poison damage.

When your fire damage can poison, because of Volkuur's, that poison is still chaos damage.
explosive arrow + volkuur = ???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info