*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
Moridin79 wrote:

Yeah, it would be pretty evil to introduce abyss socketed rares with no way to obtain the jewels. :P

I'm really optimistic about playing this build again in 3.4. Super excited to see the poison and PF changes!

When they showed a foil Bubonic Trail in the timeworn reliquary pool, I got a bit worried.

The new league crafting mechanics offer some pretty interesting options, though. You'll basically be able to sacrifice an abyssal jewel slot (on boots or helmet) for a pretty hefty chunk of survivability. Alternatively, new single-socket helm also looks like a good replacement for Lightpoacher.

EDIT: Herald of Agony. Ooooooookay...
Last edited by vdk89 on Aug 24, 2018, 6:40:43 PM
"
vdk89 wrote:
EDIT: Herald of Agony. Ooooooookay...

RIGHT? Looks great! Not sure if I'm sold on PF though.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:

RIGHT? Looks great! Not sure if I'm sold on PF though.

Just look at the way that thing was taking chunks out of bosses. It wasn't even maxed out!

I'm actually a little impressed with the PF nodes. That's a very big dollop of extra chaos/poison damage. The main problem is that it seems to favor hard hitting weapons, while the flask recharge-on-crit nodes kinda want you to hit fast (and crit). It's a bit of a challenge to balance that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see PF builds with Lioneye's Glare and maybe even a Ming's Heart.
Oh yeah, i'm playing the fuk outta this in Delve
Last edited by SummerMelody on Aug 26, 2018, 3:42:31 AM
The cold version is looking pretty good right now. Herald of Agony makes up for the fact that Hatred is useless, so there should be even less of a damage gap between the different elements. Kinda saves you two skill points, too.
"
vdk89 wrote:
The cold version is looking pretty good right now. Herald of Agony makes up for the fact that Hatred is useless, so there should be even less of a damage gap between the different elements. Kinda saves you two skill points, too.

This was my thought as well. I like the idea of building around cold with the uniques mentioned. I'm curious though, where do you see saving two points?
"
Moridin79 wrote:

This was my thought as well. I like the idea of building around cold with the uniques mentioned. I'm curious though, where do you see saving two points?

20% chance to poison off the new herald means that you can skip two 10% poison-chance nodes. You'll have to pick up a 20% increased poison damage node, instead, but 20% poison damage is a pretty good deal for a single point, iirc.
Ah yes, of course. :) Pretty hype!
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Ah yes, of course. :) Pretty hype!

Hype now, sadness when we have to buy Volkuur's at the start of the league ^^
How do we feel about new pathfinder nodes? Are they good enough to dethrone assassin as the best in slot asc?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info