F the labyrinth

"
ELEKTROLL wrote:
Lab is only tedious if your build is garbage, sorry.

And it's supposed to be like that, it's a part you have to consider when making your build just like defenses, damage type etc.

Or just, you know, buy lab clears.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
ELEKTROLL wrote:
Lab is only tedious if your build is garbage, sorry.

And it's supposed to be like that, it's a part you have to consider when making your build just like defenses, damage type etc.

Or just, you know, buy lab clears.

"
suszterpatt wrote:
I like how every time someone complains about the lab not being fun, there's always a guy who assumes he's bad at lab and proceeds to give tips on how to git gud.

I built a char specifically for lab farming. He can do 6 key runs effortlessly. It's still not fun, I only do it for the ludicrous amounts of loot at the end. It's tedious, mostly filler, and you're constantly at threat of losing your entry fee and all your progress to a crash or DC that's completely out of your control. It feels like a chore, not a game, despite (or indeed, because of) the fact that it isn't at all difficult.

It seems obvious that the fellow just posted without reading much if anything of the thread. Which means it's likely that he won't read any responses. We have to at least give him credit that he wasn't insulting.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 21, 2018, 2:05:59 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I always make sure my builds can handle uber lab.

Just build a bit more tanky, with 5.5-6k life, lots of physical mitigation, life regen, endurance charges etc.
You can just walk through traps then, and even a buffed Itzaro is quite easy when you're prepared for bursts of phys damage.

The lab has lost a lot of its terror for me, but I still don't really enjoy it.
I can play it, I could even put it on "autofarm", but I don't really want to.

I am still updating the thread keeping track of labyrinth problem threads and people not enjoying labyrinth. Over 360 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 960 posters in support I wasn't sure if I should Peterlerock to the list though?

Peterlerock, if you read this and are so inclined to respond, would you like to see GGG make the ascendancy points available outside the labyrinth or perhaps make a way to avoid traps or make labyrinth less loathsome or at least like to see checkpoints in the labyrinth?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
It's not that bad that I need to be on your funny little list. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
It's not that bad that I need to be on your funny little list. ;)

NP, have fun! That's kind of the impression I got from your post and wasn't going to add you. Thanks for the clarification though.
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 21, 2018, 3:35:40 PM
Just got a crash on a loading screen in uber lab, so let's bump this thread.

Why am I being punished for the unreliability of GGG's code?
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Life is not fair.
Git gud and crash less

Btw. Lab lover here. I crashed maybe once since breach league and im running a lot of labs every league.

Oh right forgot to add. If i go full yolo changing graphic card settings or game settings i can still crash. Most likely it's something with your computer not GGG fault.
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Jan 26, 2018, 3:07:38 PM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Life is not fair.
Git gud and crash less

Btw. Lab lover here. I crashed maybe once since breach league and im running a lot of labs every league.

Oh right forgot to add. If i go full yolo changing graphic card settings or game settings i can still crash. Most likely it's something with your computer not GGG fault.

TL/DR
I'm ok so f* you buddy
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Jan 26, 2018, 7:25:41 PM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:

I think that you need to take a look at the Technical Support part of this forum before you say something like this.

But it is obvious that you are lazy and that is why you choose another approach - if with problem does not effect you, well, it does not exist.
Cool.
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
Git gud and crash less

Yeah, man. Just git gud. That will make you crash less.

Edit: I actually talked about this a year ago.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/434#p14226321

Fortunately, GGG has addressed some of those concerns since I made that post. But it still bears reading by anyone who thinks players should be blamed first and foremost when connectivity problems make the Labyrinth more frustrating for them.

Happily, nowhere else in the game will punish you as harshly for a connection hiccup, and I doubt GGG will ever create any new content which does so. The Labyrinth fiasco probably taught them a lot about designing for an online-only game :P
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jan 27, 2018, 11:26:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info