[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

"
Master_X_ wrote:
I am currently following this build but I am playing with an Oni-Goroshi in SSFHC. Now I do have some questions:

1. Why are you useing Lyco? Isn't your main DPS's from the balls, which are created weather or not you hit your main attack?
2. If you would play with an Oni-Goroshi, what would you change in the tree, besides switching the claw nodes to the sword nodes? (Maybe got an example tree?)
3. Is the ball crit linked to the main hit of molten strike? Meaning if the normal hit doesn't crit, won't the balls crit either?

Thanks for your help.

1. I've trialed playing without a Lyco but trust me, there is no doubt that accuracy affects the dps numbers of Molten Strike regardless of where the ball lands. Molten Strike is no doubt affected by accuracy.

2. You can definitely tech a sword into this build. Drop all the claw nodes in the Soultaker circle (9 points). Take the 5 nodes to Fatal Blade. Take 4 nodes to Vitality Void + Life and Mana Leech in that area. Vaal Pact is a must with this setup.

Oni-Goroshi is an interesting idea. You are going to need to get accuracy into your gear and I believe the BIS chest would be Kaom's Heart which unfortunately means we'd have to drop Lightpoachers helm and possibly some skill gems

3. I don't quite get this question. Are you talking about the initial melee hit? If so, ideally, we don't rely on that initial hit and more on the balls projectile landing on enemies (which is affected by crit).
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 19, 2018, 7:52:32 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
"
Master_X_ wrote:
I am currently following this build but I am playing with an Oni-Goroshi in SSFHC. Now I do have some questions:

1. Why are you useing Lyco? Isn't your main DPS's from the balls, which are created weather or not you hit your main attack?
2. If you would play with an Oni-Goroshi, what would you change in the tree, besides switching the claw nodes to the sword nodes? (Maybe got an example tree?)
3. Is the ball crit linked to the main hit of molten strike? Meaning if the normal hit doesn't crit, won't the balls crit either?

Thanks for your help.

1. I've trialed playing without a Lyco but trust me, there is no doubt that accuracy affects the dps numbers of Molten Strike regardless of where the ball lands. Molten Strike is no doubt affected by accuracy.

2. You can definitely tech a sword into this build. Drop all the claw nodes in the Soultaker circle (9 points). Take the 5 nodes to Fatal Blade. Take 4 nodes to Vitality Void + Life and Mana Leech in that area. Vaal Pact is a must with this setup.

Oni-Goroshi is an interesting idea. You are going to need to get accuracy into your gear and I believe the BIS chest would be Kaom's Heart which unfortunately means we'd have to drop Lightpoachers helm and possibly some skill gems

3. I don't quite get this question. Are you talking about the initial melee hit? If so, ideally, we don't rely on that initial hit and more on the balls projectile landing on enemies (which is affected by crit).

Thanks for the replies.

1. So to get you right, you are saying the balls from moltenstrike can miss the target? (Even though they land right ontop of the enemies?)

2. Thanks a lot for your input.

3. Yes I was talking about the initial hit of molten strike.
Great build. My rings suck.
What would be the process of crafting an Opal Ring such as the OP's?
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
"
bl0b wrote:
Great build. My rings suck.
What would be the process of crafting an Opal Ring such as the OP's?

Hey so I basically just Alteration spammed an Opal ring until it gave me one of life or %elemental damage with attacks and then regaled it until I got the second part. If I didn't get it, then I'd use a scour orb and start again. Multimod when you get the 2 stats and the fill in the rest with master crafting.

Mind you, I did this at the start of the league where these currency were at its cheapest.

Alternatively you can do what BitBite did (page 6) and just alteration spam until you get %elemental damage and then regal and try to land a 50/50 orb of annulment. It would mean that you would get life through master crafting which is pretty low, but this is an option to take if you are happy with your life (try to aim for 5.7k+)
Had a PM for map clearing video so here it is:

https://streamable.com/ch3cu

Shaped vault with 3x MF gear.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 23, 2018, 9:21:18 AM
Is there something wrong with my build? I tried to make the middle shaper of the game but I died and I could not. What can I do?
Spoiler
Can I ask how Shaper is killing you? Try watching my videos to see how I fight him. The things to look for are his slams, balls and knowing to pop the bubbles on the sides/corners (away from Zana's circle in the worst case)

Did you stuggle with Guardians? How much life do you sit at?

As for your gear, you're using the wrong Vinktars (adds lightning damage to spells instead of attacks). You can also do some lab runs and get better boots enchants. - get the twice enchanted prophecy for this.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 23, 2018, 4:27:20 PM
Just stopped in to say that I made this build my main for this league, and I am clearing red maps comfortably and have killed the elders guardians and the elder without issues (only 1 derp death on elder because didn't read up on the fight lol).

I am going to try shapers guardians and the shaper as soon as I get my atlas filled out. I am currently at about 5800 health and dps is 38k tooltip. Things die pretty fast but I can tell I will need to min/max a bit once I get to shapers guardians.

Thanks for the build guide!! This is probably the longest I have gone without wanting to reroll in a long time, and although I got a late start this league I haven't had this much fun during a league before.
Last edited by DeathPunch79 on Jan 25, 2018, 1:38:01 PM
I also want to endorse this build, end game bosses like Shaper and Elder are a breeze. TYVM.
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
Just stopped in to say that I made this build my main for this league, and I am clearing red maps comfortably and have killed the elders guardians and the elder without issues (only 1 derp death on elder because didn't read up on the fight lol).

I am going to try shapers guardians and the shaper as soon as I get my atlas filled out. I am currently at about 5800 health and dps is 38k tooltip. Things die pretty fast but I can tell I will need to min/max a bit once I get to shapers guardians.

Thanks for the build guide!! This is probably the longest I have gone without wanting to reroll in a long time, and although I got a late start this league I haven't had this much fun during a league before.

"
I also want to endorse this build, end game bosses like Shaper and Elder are a breeze. TYVM.

Really glad you guys are enjoying it, makes me really happy :)

Deathpunch just a quick look at your gear, I think you'll be able to do Shaper without much issue.

BTW, I'll have a small update soon when I find time, but basically I'm agreeing with bitbite that this build doesn't need Vaal Pact and the extra dodge notes. Also there's also an Abyss jewel that we're going to need but it improves survivibiltiy quite a lot!

A peek at my profile will pretty much give it away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info