[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Quite good! Killed all the guardian's and shaper faster than my HoWa char. Going to strip my HoWa char to start min-maxing soon. (about 15ex to work with)

I just need to learn when to stand my ground and when to shield charge away and to NOT be stingy with my flasks. Got one shot a couple of times but that is probably due to respecing to this char at 91 at not having actually played with it lol.

Insane clear, decent survivablility, insane boss damage 10/10 would build again

EDIT: Just read through the guide again. So loooks like I need one blind jewel would probably stop those random 1 hits lol.
Last edited by Aurious on Jan 29, 2018, 12:29:36 PM
"
Eathb wrote:
Yep exactly that jewel.

With Molten Strike, especially when we setup Multistrike and Ancestral Call together, we are pumping so many projectiles/balls that we are just going to blind enemies even if there is only one jewel.

Basically try to fit in an Abyss jewel with blind enemies on hit somewhere in your tree. I'm already knee deep into my jewels but I'd like to see what happens if I fill the abyss jewels with % blind on hit. But right now, one seems to be doing a fine job. I have definitely noticed a difference in survival with it. POEtrade link: http://poe.trade/search/notakusamanomo

I will eventually update the front page but in terms of the passive skill tree, I'm thinking:
- Drop the 4 points to Phase Acrobatics
- Drop Vaal Pact
- Take 3 points on Beserking
- Place the other 2 nodes on Life nodes.

I've been able to facetank the Shaper beam (flasks need to be up) and Minotaur boss without these nodes.

The only thing that I find that can actually kill my character are 1 shots, and a high life pool is the best way to avoid that.

Don't pay attention to my item/skill links in my public profile too much. I'm doing experiments right now. Inpulsa is not doing better than the Shroud/Carcass Jack right now for me.

I saw this while not intentionally looking to buy this but at 80c, I thought it was a good deal.

Right now I'll say this sacrifices about 10-15% dps for Molten Strike but for me, it's not an issue for end game content (except for maybe Uber Atziri) as I have some luxury items right now. I will say that it clears faster than the lone MS setup but like I said, this is only luxury. I've changed to Assassin's Curse/Blood rage for this setup and I am NOT going to endorse this hybrid build yet. This is a clear speed video on T15 Shaped Siege: https://streamable.com/t8876

Ok so the blind jewel seems like a great idea for survivability... A 6% jewel would be pretty much constant uptime while mapping. I have 8% onslaught and its always up. Gonna see if I can find a jewel like this on trade, but the price is probably bananas by now.

I'm gonna try the passive changes too, because the only downside to the build is the "lower" life pool, which can be rippy at times with crazy mods, or bosses.

I might try frostblades but honestly I get kind of tired of that skill for some reason. Maybe it's my affinity for hot balls flying around... But if I do try it, I will for sure swap the gloves for boss fights as to not sacrifice DPS.
Hello, I also come from the ele claw inquistor version, going to give this one a go.

Do you think something like these gloves are worth multi modding and using? Can't really afford to essence spam at the moment. Or an equivalent with faster attack speed. Does the 200 fire damage matter THAT much?

Also, do you have a preference between a 6 link Belly and Carcass Jack? I don't want to buy an Inpulsa then fail at chroms forever :(
Last edited by Mistweaver on Jan 29, 2018, 9:45:12 PM
"
andriuscer wrote:
Hi,
Highly liked this build, but have one issue, can't find a way to kill The hall of Grandmasters characters with block/leech combo (as I understand), they leach ES so fckn fast. They can't kill me and I can't kill them... any suggestions for my issue???

"
Eathb wrote:

I just tried again, and I can't complete it now :(. You can try swapping Elemental Focus for Conc Effect for more damage but I failed to the one Gabe guy.

I've killed all those mad pricks....
Tried 6 times till I got needed combo.
So what I did:
1.Got helmet with corruption "can't leech from you". 2R 1B for CWDT(lvl1)+immortal call(lvl2)+ Frostbomb(lvl8)
2.Got 6link evasion armor 2R 2G 2B and used: Molten strike+Multistrike+Vile toxins+Lesser Poison+Added chaos+Conc.Efect All gems 20/20 few 21/20
3.Wasp Nest claw instead
The rest gear aren't touched.

Killed all the way with Carcas Jack and switched for poison gear/setup on those pricks.

So I made conclusion that only way to kill those is to use dot dmg... tried with bleed gems instead of poison but without success...

With poison is 2-3sec or even more delay till it spikes dmg and target dies....

As for helmet enchant I'm not sure does it help... as it didn't worked out first attempts by itself...
Also tried block chance reduction gem with frostbomb also haven't felt any positive action...

Hope anyone will find it helpful in those situations....
Last edited by andriuscer on Jan 30, 2018, 7:05:06 AM
"
Mistweaver wrote:
Hello, I also come from the ele claw inquistor version, going to give this one a go.

Do you think something like these gloves are worth multi modding and using? Can't really afford to essence spam at the moment. Or an equivalent with faster attack speed. Does the 200 fire damage matter THAT much?

Also, do you have a preference between a 6 link Belly and Carcass Jack? I don't want to buy an Inpulsa then fail at chroms forever :(

Carcass Jack will be difficult to find 4R2B

I've listed some alternatives in the front page if you cannot get that combo.

As for choices, I like Carcass over Belly of the Beast as it does clear quite a significant amount of the screen when linked with increased AOE.

In your gloves, Faster Projectiles like does nothing for the Frost Blades. If you want a budget version then you can use Thundermitts which I have added to the guide.

Thundermitts in facts gives more damage than a Faster Attacks, Socketed Fire damage setup but I prefer life from the gloves.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 30, 2018, 4:51:15 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
"
I absolutely love the Frostblade clear addon to the build. It's nice not having to swap gems for bosses ;)

Against Shaper and Guardians, I have Tombfists in my inventory ready to swap for the gloves with Orb of Storms with Power Charge and Culling Strike.

Wow, thank you a lot. This is a simple yet fantastic suggestion that I have not even thought of.

In fact, I just did a Shaper run after reading this suggestion and Tombfists with Inpulsa's actually out DPS that of the Shroud when it comes to Single Target.

I think this calls for a big update and overhaul of the guide. I will leave it up for now, but when I get to it, this build will be updated to be centered around the hybrid version.

Glad it helped. Really enjoying the build.
Clearing everything so easily and fast with the hybrid set up. Any advice on upgrades for me? I am just assuming get better jewels/levels?

"
Aurious wrote:
Clearing everything so easily and fast with the hybrid set up. Any advice on upgrades for me? I am just assuming get better jewels/levels?

Your gear looks really good. Most your upgrades will pretty much be moving towards the gg gear (i.e. double WED opal rings with T1 life)

Jewels don't look too bad. Btw the jewel with +Melee critical strike chance doesn't actually do much for either Frost Blades or Molten Strike since we rely on projectiles to do our work and not the initial melee hit.

In the short term, I would do Uber lab (unspec from Vaal Pact in this), and get Addeed Lightning Damage enchant (best) or damage penetrates 10% of elemental resistances. Buy the twice enchanted prophecy and proc it if you don't get the Twiced Blessed Dark Shrine. You can also get a Dying Sun Flask if you don't have one.
Last edited by Eathb on Feb 1, 2018, 10:16:15 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
"
Aurious wrote:

Your gear looks really good. Most your upgrades will pretty much be moving towards the gg gear (i.e. double WED opal rings with T1 life)

Jewels don't look too bad. Btw the jewel with +Melee critical strike chance doesn't actually do much for either Frost Blades or Molten Strike since we rely on projectiles to do our work and not the initial melee hit.

In the short term, I would do Uber lab (unspec from Vaal Pact in this), and get Addeed Lightning Damage enchant (best) or damage penetrates 10% of elemental resistances. Buy the twice enchanted prophecy and proc it if you don't get the Twiced Blessed Dark Shrine. You can also get a Dying Sun Flask if you don't have one.

Thanks! Dying Sun I do have for sure. so added damage or dmg pen in boots and change out that one gem with melee crit. Thanks again for this build! Exactly what I was looking for, can delete guardians and shaper faster than my HoWa by far.
not sure what I should do... what if i don't want to clear RN with wild/frost would this build work... i need some conversion

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAABeAdwFLQW1CC4NjREvFHUV_Ra_F5YZjhqNI_YknST9JpUqCysKLlMvzDBxMHw1kjY9N0w31DpCOuFDMUX0R35KfUt4TP9Nkk3jTipRR1VLVvpbJluvXfJh4mJaYqxi7GSvZU1sCGyMbztvV3BSdO1343gNeBl67311fyt_gH_7gOGE2YTvh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2BjbmNv5uNnMSdqp63pMKmV6lusXy0xbXytoq3F7civTa-p8AawYLBoMLsw-bHndNv037UI9YH2L3awdvn3ajiXuXm51TpmOtj7T_tg-4O73rxbfGK8kX8xf1u_gr-j_66_xD_3g==?accountName=Sh0cka27&characterName=NeVerFaLterS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info