[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Nice Claws

I am looking for an ele damage claw too, but I get confused between ele damage claw and phys damage claws.

Suppose both claws have same value in attack speed (lets say 2.00 )and critical chance, what i think is the following:

T1 Ele claws:

Adds 42 to 86 fire damage (42+86/2 = 64)

Adds 6 to 162 lightning damage (6+162/2 =84)

So, it gives us (64+84)X 2.00 (APS)= 296 eDps

Since the Molten Strike only takes 60% of phys into fire damage, So the 296 eDps is equal to 296/0.6= 493 pDps.

are the numbers true ?? 493 pDps phys claws = 296 eDps ele claw ???

Sounds crazy to me 0.0

I did some tests in POB, but average damage of Magma Balls only changes a little bit regardless how i increase the dps of the claw. First did 200 dps and ,240, 400, 800... dps of Magma balls doesnt move alot.

So, i am so confused because there are 2 claws on the market ,

One is ele damage and has only 3 mods.

Adds 42 to 86 fire damage (T1)
Adds 6 to 162 lightning damage (T1)
+ 25% Attack speed (T2)

the other one is phys damage with 366 pDps

Price are almost the same.

which one should i buy ?
Last edited by qdjjj on Feb 3, 2018, 1:55:27 AM
"
qdjjj wrote:
Nice Claws

I am looking for an ele damage claw too, but I get confused between ele damage claw and phys damage claws.

Suppose both claws have same value in attack speed (lets say 2.00 )and critical chance, what i think is the following:

T1 Ele claws:

Adds 42 to 86 fire damage (42+86/2 = 64)

Adds 6 to 162 lightning damage (6+162/2 =84)

So, it gives us (64+84)X 2.00 (APS)= 296 eDps

Since the Molten Strike only takes 60% of phys into fire damage, So the 296 eDps is equal to 296/0.6= 493 pDps.

are the numbers true ?? 493 pDps phys claws = 296 eDps ele claw ???

Sounds crazy to me 0.0

I did some tests in POB, but average damage of Magma Balls only changes a little bit regardless how i increase the dps of the claw. First did 200 dps and ,240, 400, 800... dps of Magma balls doesnt move alot.

So, i am so confused because there are 2 claws on the market ,

One is ele damage and has only 3 mods.

Adds 42 to 86 fire damage (T1)
Adds 6 to 162 lightning damage (T1)
+ 25% Attack speed (T2)

the other one is phys damage with 366 pDps

Price are almost the same.

which one should i buy ?

I'm a bit confused by this, does the first Claw have attack speed?

You want to prioritise attack speed first, it is super important that you try to get APS >2 on your claw. Critical strike chance should be next and I'd aim to get at least above 7.5 for that. The rest are bonuses.

But the saftest thing to do is to input the Claw into POB.
Hey, thanks for this build. this is my actual gear.

I need just one tip in: should i buy tombfist for bossing, or should i save for dying sun?

Edit1: and i can wear molten 3 projects devotos? or its bad for this build?
Last edited by mateuspf on Feb 3, 2018, 3:40:43 PM
Would The Perfect Form be more optimal for HC than using belly of the beast? Free arctic armor and phase acrobatis with loads of evasion(but with blind on hit and stibnite not sure how much evasion is needed?).

This is my current gear:

Spoiler

I probably should swap out Lightpoacher too but damn is it crazy fun with frostblade.
Last edited by honerpro on Feb 3, 2018, 5:39:08 PM
"
mateuspf wrote:
Hey, thanks for this build. this is my actual gear.

I need just one tip in: should i buy tombfist for bossing, or should i save for dying sun?

Edit1: and i can wear molten 3 projects devotos? or its bad for this build?

Definitely Tombfists, even if it's the cheaper 1 socket version, it outperforms pretty much the mirror standard gloves before Abyss leagues. I wouldn't buy Dying Sun, this build is able to farm Shaper and the flask will eventually drop. And yes, Devotos would work fine with this build.

"
honerpro wrote:
Would The Perfect Form be more optimal for HC than using belly of the beast? Free arctic armor and phase acrobatis with loads of evasion(but with blind on hit and stibnite not sure how much evasion is needed?).

This is my current gear:

Spoiler

I probably should swap out Lightpoacher too but damn is it crazy fun with frostblade.

Still BOTB. I would also probably place Blood rage in the Lightpoacher slot as we need a means to get Frenzy (Orb of Storms-PoC on Tombfist swap for difficul bosses).

BTW on hardcore I would not be doing any physical reflect maps. I don't know the reasoning but I have died to phys reflect even with a Sibyl's equipped just with the Frost Blades skill. Oddly enough when I played using pure Molten Strike, reflect maps were never a problem.
Last edited by Eathb on Feb 4, 2018, 4:47:46 AM
Done with this league! Thanks for the build was fun enough for me to push for 36 :)

Did some end game vaals!
not sure how good vuln would be for this build..wish I hit ele weakness :P
"
Eathb wrote:

BTW on hardcore I would not be doing any physical reflect maps. I don't know the reasoning but I have died to phys reflect even with a Sibyl's equipped just with the Frost Blades skill. Oddly enough when I played using pure Molten Strike, reflect maps were never a problem.

Yeah, I'm completely skipping ele/phys ref for now as all my currency went to the shield and still wearing thief's torment but damn is this ring awesome. I can imagine with the amount of dps you can have, even with sibyl itll be dangerous.

edit:

Well ripped at 85 due trying out a ref phys map, but gotta say, this build is really good for HC. I was really lazy and not upgrading most of my items cuz I just wanted to keep mapping, the build was too damn fun. Going to play this as 2nd char next league, insane boss killer and map clearer, great build mate
Last edited by honerpro on Feb 4, 2018, 6:36:57 PM
"
Eathb wrote:

Having a highish crit chance and Vinktars flask are the most reliable. I'd like to fit Innervation somewhere in the gems but I cannot think of a way at the moment. Also, shocking doesn't actually do much against the end game bosses.

Also, this is an update/self brag post:

Crafted this Claw for using ~3ex of resources. I've always wanted to get a >2 aps and >8 crit claw and this claw gives me about 4% extra dps over the other one. Unfortunately, its low elemental rolls do not make it Mirror worthy.

Hi Eathb, how did you craft this claw?
Very nice build, I am using it and loving it. The only thing i have changed so far is putting in GMP instead of Conc effect on Molten Strike. it raised my DPS quite a bit, and gives more balls to return life. Currently using a claw that I crafted my self.. probably not the best but:
Sorry for the late responses, I'm kind of done with the league and have been held up with work.

"
"
Eathb wrote:

Having a highish crit chance and Vinktars flask are the most reliable. I'd like to fit Innervation somewhere in the gems but I cannot think of a way at the moment. Also, shocking doesn't actually do much against the end game bosses.

Also, this is an update/self brag post:

Crafted this Claw for using ~3ex of resources. I've always wanted to get a >2 aps and >8 crit claw and this claw gives me about 4% extra dps over the other one. Unfortunately, its low elemental rolls do not make it Mirror worthy.

Hi Eathb, how did you craft this claw?

I had a lucky drop which gave me crit chance, attack speed and the lightning damage. I then multi modded/master crafted it with bad mods and slammed it to eventually reach that result.

"
Damian831 wrote:
Very nice build, I am using it and loving it. The only thing i have changed so far is putting in GMP instead of Conc effect on Molten Strike. it raised my DPS quite a bit, and gives more balls to return life. Currently using a claw that I crafted my self.. probably not the best but:

Glad you're enjoying it. GMP is interesting and I'd like to try it myself but I don't want mess up my Impulsa's gem colours. I think Slower proejctiles gem swap would also let you do additional single target damage though it is questionable if you need it with Molten Strike. Your claw is quite decent, it has all the mods that would do well with this build.

I bought this luxury item shaper ring (~5ex) to be able to fit innervate into the gem slots. Clear speed continues to get better but again luxury item.

Last edited by Eathb on Feb 10, 2018, 9:35:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info