[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

Hey Eathb, looking at your profile i see you changed a lot.
No tombfists, no shroud... Do you think inpulsa is worth it over Shroud?
And using frost blades instead of tombfist?

And which abyss jewel do you mean? The one with %blind on hit?
Yep exactly that jewel.

With Molten Strike, especially when we setup Multistrike and Ancestral Call together, we are pumping so many projectiles/balls that we are just going to blind enemies even if there is only one jewel.

Basically try to fit in an Abyss jewel with blind enemies on hit somewhere in your tree. I'm already knee deep into my jewels but I'd like to see what happens if I fill the abyss jewels with % blind on hit. But right now, one seems to be doing a fine job. I have definitely noticed a difference in survival with it. POEtrade link: http://poe.trade/search/notakusamanomo

I will eventually update the front page but in terms of the passive skill tree, I'm thinking:
- Drop the 4 points to Phase Acrobatics
- Drop Vaal Pact
- Take 3 points on Beserking
- Place the other 2 nodes on Life nodes.

I've been able to facetank the Shaper beam (flasks need to be up) and Minotaur boss without these nodes.

The only thing that I find that can actually kill my character are 1 shots, and a high life pool is the best way to avoid that.

Don't pay attention to my item/skill links in my public profile too much. I'm doing experiments right now. Inpulsa is not doing better than the Shroud/Carcass Jack right now for me.

I saw this while not intentionally looking to buy this but at 80c, I thought it was a good deal.

Right now I'll say this sacrifices about 10-15% dps for Molten Strike but for me, it's not an issue for end game content (except for maybe Uber Atziri) as I have some luxury items right now. I will say that it clears faster than the lone MS setup but like I said, this is only luxury. I've changed to Assassin's Curse/Blood rage for this setup and I am NOT going to endorse this hybrid build yet. This is a clear speed video on T15 Shaped Siege: https://streamable.com/t8876
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 28, 2018, 7:46:48 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
Yep exactly that jewel.

I saw this while not intentionally looking to buy this but at 80c, I thought it was a good deal.

Right now I'll say this sacrifices about 10-15% dps for Molten Strike but for me, it's not an issue for end game content (except for maybe Uber Atziri) as I have some luxury items right now. I will say that it clears faster than the lone MS setup but like I said, this is only luxury. I've changed to Assassin's Curse/Blood rage for this setup and I am NOT going to endorse this hybrid build yet. This is a clear speed video on T15 Shaped Siege: https://streamable.com/t8876

Are you close to making a judgemnt on this setup? It looks really interesting and the clear speed in that video looks amazing.
Updating the front page with the changes.

MOLTEN STRIKE PATHFINDER PASSIVE TREE CHANGES 28.01.2018:
Spoiler
- Drop the 4 points to Phase Acrobatics
- Drop Vaal Pact (OPTIONAL - determine this for yourself, for those that are well geared, you will probably not need VP for survival)
- Take 3 points on Beserking
- Place the other 2 nodes on Life nodes.

I am also recommending an Abyss jewel

With Molten Strike, especially when we setup Multistrike and Ancestral Call together, we are pumping so many projectiles/balls that we are just going to blind enemies even if there is only one jewel.

Basically try to fit in an Abyss jewel with blind enemies on hit somewhere in your tree. I'm already knee deep into my jewels but I'd like to see what happens if I fill the abyss jewels with % blind on hit. But right now, one seems to be doing a fine job. I have definitely noticed a difference in survival with it.

I've been able to facetank the Shaper beam (flasks need to be up) and Minotaur boss without these nodes.

The only thing that I find that can actually kill my character are 1 shots, and a high life pool is the best way to avoid that.

Updated POB link: https://pastebin.com/dR6MuaSK

HYBRID MOLTEN STRIKE/FROST BLADES VERSION:

Spoiler
I did not actually intend to try this version but I ended up doing so whilst finding a pseudo 7L glove randomly at what I thought was a super cheap price (80c).

Since then I have upgraded from these gloves and have put it to sell for 80c, if you are interested in purchasing these, just mention that you are following this guide and I'll let you buy them for super cheap!

The reality of this build is that it works really well with most skill gems and can use a variety of gear. It is very versatile which makes experimenting with it fun and easy. As of right now, it is my personal favourite of 5 builds I have played this season.

I am using Frost Blades as a clearing link but Lightning Strike and Wild Strike are also good choices, although after some testing, I just feel Frost Blades is the best at clearing. The gameplay is really cool, use Frost Blades to clear your entire screen and if there are enemies that end up getting into melee range of you, drop Molten Strike balls on their face.

Current Gear:

As of January 28, 2018, the Mathil-effect is on the full train as he just released a build using the Inpulsa chest. But this chest is kind of mandatory to be able to push the clear speed limits past that of the single current AOE Molten Strike Shroud/Carcass setup.

Unfortunately due to a lack of skill gem slots we are forced to into less variety. I have removed Orb of Storms with Power Charge on Critical and the Onslaught-Poachers Mark setup. They have been replaced with:

Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Herald of Ice - Blood Rage

We are kind of forced to manually generate our own Power/Frenzy charges rather than let it do it automically in the previous setup.

A solid rare amulet works fine with this build, I am using Choir of the Storm as it gives me the most crit strike chance which is needed to apply Shock.

Lightning Golem has also been replaced with Ice Golem to give us more crit and allow more shockplosions (and slightly more single target dps).

For the rare gloves you want:
Elder Socketed Gems are supported by Level 18 Faster Attacks
Socketed Gems deal 175-225 additional Fire Damage
+ Attack Speed (>10%)
+ Max Life

Here is the search link
http://poe.trade/search/omnowonukazuka

In these Gloves, you link Frost Blades-Ancestral Call-Multistrike-Elemental Damage /w Attacks. IT doesn't have much single target damage, which is why you drop Molten balls when enemies get close, but its clear speed for trash is amazing and I'd say it gets real close to Kinetic Blast levels.

The downside of this hybrid version is that we lose about 10-15% dps of what we would usually get for single target Molten Strike. However with this hybrid version I have done all content except for Uber Atziri which I have not attempted due to its cost. Molten Strike does ridiculous damage regardless, and the option of just equipping Tombfists to boost your damage against certain bosses is always there.

I debated whether putting this build into this thread as it is slightly different but its principles are still the same. This is another fun option for anyone who would like to try it out!

Here are some two speed videos of me playing it
https://streamable.com/979e7 - Minotaur Map clear
https://streamable.com/t8876 - T15 Shaped Siege clear

POB LINK: https://pastebin.com/sECi6AB5

Last edited by Eathb on Jan 28, 2018, 8:02:16 AM
Hi,
Highly liked this build, but have one issue, can't find a way to kill The hall of Grandmasters characters with block/leech combo (as I understand), they leach ES so fckn fast. They can't kill me and I can't kill them... any suggestions for my issue???
Going to respec my raider into this.

Have about 45 exalts to work with hope it'll be enough.

NVM did it got the 4r 2b

Last edited by Aurious on Jan 28, 2018, 4:30:37 PM
"
andriuscer wrote:
Hi,
Highly liked this build, but have one issue, can't find a way to kill The hall of Grandmasters characters with block/leech combo (as I understand), they leach ES so fckn fast. They can't kill me and I can't kill them... any suggestions for my issue???

I just tried again, and I can't complete it now :(. You can try swapping Elemental Focus for Conc Effect for more damage but I failed to the one Gabe guy.

"
Aurious wrote:
Going to respec my raider into this.

Have about 45 exalts to work with hope it'll be enough.

NVM did it got the 4r 2b

Nice, let me know how it goes :)
I absolutely love the Frostblade clear addon to the build. It's nice not having to swap gems for bosses ;)

Against Shaper and Guardians, I have Tombfists in my inventory ready to swap for the gloves with Orb of Storms with Power Charge and Culling Strike.
"
I absolutely love the Frostblade clear addon to the build. It's nice not having to swap gems for bosses ;)

Against Shaper and Guardians, I have Tombfists in my inventory ready to swap for the gloves with Orb of Storms with Power Charge and Culling Strike.

Wow, thank you a lot. This is a simple yet fantastic suggestion that I have not even thought of.

In fact, I just did a Shaper run after reading this suggestion and Tombfists with Inpulsa's actually out DPS that of the Shroud when it comes to Single Target.

I think this calls for a big update and overhaul of the guide. I will leave it up for now, but when I get to it, this build will be updated to be centered around the hybrid version.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 29, 2018, 7:21:59 AM
I have updated the guide quite a lot and left the previous version in post #2 as a history/reference.

This is what I've built towards so far and I am very happy with this. The current build as it is now is my personal favourite so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info