[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

"
Rwantwo3 wrote:
Wanted to say thanks again for this build. I've done all content except Uber Atziri (too expensive) with it. Trying to farm a Dying Sun atm, but I'm happy that I did it without the helm enchant or the flask.

Do you have a tree that goes beyond level 93?

Nice work! I'll make one up in a moment but essentially what I'd do is grab the remaining attack speed nodes and the life nodes

"
Shomix wrote:
Which shield would you use if you can't get Lyco?

Rare shield with emphasis on accuracy and then life.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 10, 2018, 9:59:21 PM
Mind taking a look at my gear? My PoB says my DPS is significantly lower than yours yet I feel like I have a fairly similar setup. I guess I'm missing some crit multi/attack speed on jewels but I used the poe.trade link you recommended for all my jewels and got as much ele damage as I could. What would you recommend I do? I'm kind of broke at the moment so I know a Dying Sun or Helm Enchant would be nice but they are so expensive :( Anyway, thanks for the build and any help you can provide!

"
BhaluBear wrote:
Mind taking a look at my gear? My PoB says my DPS is significantly lower than yours yet I feel like I have a fairly similar setup. I guess I'm missing some crit multi/attack speed on jewels but I used the poe.trade link you recommended for all my jewels and got as much ele damage as I could. What would you recommend I do? I'm kind of broke at the moment so I know a Dying Sun or Helm Enchant would be nice but they are so expensive :( Anyway, thanks for the build and any help you can provide!

I am not OP but I have been running this build and easily clearing all content. You are missing quite a bit of DPS on gear. You mentioned Dying Sun and Helm enchant, both are huge for the build and of course you want to aim for those.

Besides that:

Opal jewellery with WED/flat light/crit chance (can get multi with essence but good luck crafting those)

Amulet with Crit chance/multi/WED/flat light

Boot enchant for either the lightning on attacks or ele pen (I chose ele pen as I play with an aurabot, only took a few lab runs to get and this build is fine for lab so thats an easy upgrade).

Belt with WED.

And you can gain another abyss socket on gloves for quite cheap.

And all your jewels are only 2 damage and life. If you use the OP's link and then change the count to 3 in the search, you can find life + 3 damage mods for roughly 20c~ each.

Going to link my gear here for reference.

Spoiler

Claw is result of a failed slam which sucks, but rest is in a decent spot. So far I can clear all content easily (cleared whole atlas).

My single target dps is around 2.5m (Shaper/guardians). Tested this by dividing the total HP by time taken to kill.

I did it this way as, as far as I know PoB calculates MS wrong (there is a spreadsheet to get real DPS), but the kicker is PoB will also calculate Ele Pen wrong (which is our 6th link). So I just divided the time roughly on shaper/guardians I have done and it seems to be a consistent 2.5m.

Again, I am not the OP of the build but I have been playing this through all end game content and its just my 2 cents on it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: My DPS calc was taken before I gained my ele pen enchant and my crafted amulet so I am not actually sure what my DPS is at now, but definitely higher, probably at 3m. (Shaper/guardians)
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jan 11, 2018, 5:45:43 AM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
"
BhaluBear wrote:

I am not OP but I have been running this build and easily clearing all content. You are missing quite a bit of DPS on gear. You mentioned Dying Sun and Helm enchant, both are huge for the build and of course you want to aim for those.

Besides that: Opal jewellery with WED/flat light/crit chance (can get multi with essence but good luck crafting those)

Amulet with Crit chance/multi/WED/flat light

Boot enchant for either the lightning on attacks or ele pen (I chose ele pen as I play with an aurabot, only took a few lab runs to get and this build is fine for lab so thats an easy upgrade).

Belt with WED.

And all your jewels are only 2 damage and life. If you use the OP's link and then change the count to 3 in the search, you can find life + 3 damage mods for roughly 20c~ each.

Going to link my gear here for reference.

Spoiler

Claw is result of a failed slam which sucks, but rest is in a decent spot. So far I can clear all content easily (cleared whole atlas).

My single target dps is around 2.5m (Shaper/guardians). Tested this by diving the total HP by time taken to kill.

I did it this way as, as far as I know PoB calculates MS wrong (there is a spreadsheet to get real DPS), but the kicker is PoB will also calculate Ele Pen wrong (which is our 6th link). So I just divided the time roughly on shaper/guardians I have done and it seems to be a consistent 2.5m.

Again, I am not the OP of the build but I have been playing this through all end game content and its just my 2 cents on it.

EDIT: My DPS calc was taken before I gained my ele pen enchant and my crafted amulet so I am not actually sure what my DPS is at now, but definitely highly, probably at 3m. (Shaper/guardians)

Thank you for the reply! That's definitely helpful. You gave me a lot to chew on! haha
I guess my next question is what should my next few purchases be? It seems like I could reasonably save up for a Dying Sun in the near future but then I would neglect all of my other gear. And the helm enchant just seems impossible to reach due to the ridiculous cost of molten projectiles on a Light Poacher, let alone a 2 socket one. Where would the most bang for my buck be do you think at this point?
"
BhaluBear wrote:

Thank you for the reply! That's definitely helpful. You gave me a lot to chew on! haha
I guess my next question is what should my next few purchases be? It seems like I could reasonably save up for a Dying Sun in the near future but then I would neglect all of my other gear. And the helm enchant just seems impossible to reach due to the ridiculous cost of molten projectiles on a Light Poacher, let alone a 2 socket one. Where would the most bang for my buck be do you think at this point?

I am going to start by saying very clearly, I do not know the exact math on which upgrade is best or how much damage you will gain, especially because I came into this character with a bit of currency and started with many of the upgrades you need to get. I know Enchant + dying sun are huge damage increases, but they will also set you back many exalts compared to some cheaper alternatives ill list.

Opal rings are ridiculously cheap this league, and even if you cant get ones with damage mods, even just having the implicit should give you a nice upgrade (like 45-50 WED). You can throw essences you collect at them, alt craft it to WED and then multi mod like I did, or just buy a pre made one if you are going for more damage mods on them.

You could buy a nice pair of boots (life, tri res and move speed or maybe int if you need) and run uber lab yourself for the enchant that you want. It would be MUCH cheaper than buying ones already enchanted (prices are seriously crazy, boots like mine were 10~ ex with the enchant, I just did it myself). Also uber lab makes you $$.

And an amulet with just crit multi/crit chance shouldn't be too expensive, and again another nice DPS upgrade. (I picked one up for like 20c, as long as you don't need too much res with it)

The main problem you will have with trying to upgrade to DPS jewellery is that more of your res needs to be shifted to your boots and belt.

I am also going to be clear that I am NOT capped for ele weakness on maps, but we are pathfinder, and with a vinktars + dying sun up 100% of the time, we will be capped on those, and cold is rarely a problem (I run ele weakness t16 and hasnt even been an issue, just dont run hydra with it because cold damage). Hell you could just swap quicksilver for a sapphire flask on those maps.

Lastly, if you are going to grab the enchant soon, probably just grab a 1 socket lightpoacher (mine was 8 ex) compared to the two socket which were like 23ex last time I checked. The molten strike out damages the 1 socket gain.

Last edited by bitbite11 on Jan 11, 2018, 12:38:33 AM
I've been trying to get 4R 2B on my Carcass Jack but the best I could get was 4R1B1G out of 4k chromes...what do you guys think I can setup with that color scheme?
Last edited by roopert1 on Jan 11, 2018, 1:45:11 AM
Also, what are your thoughts for running elemental focus support instead of added lightning damage? PoB shows more DPS even if you are counting the loss of frenzy charges from the CoH-Poacher's Mark setup.
"
Eathb wrote:
"
Rwantwo3 wrote:
Wanted to say thanks again for this build. I've done all content except Uber Atziri (too expensive) with it. Trying to farm a Dying Sun atm, but I'm happy that I did it without the helm enchant or the flask.

Do you have a tree that goes beyond level 93?

Nice work! I'll make one up in a moment but essentially what I'd do is grab the remaining attack speed nodes and the life nodes

I won't be going for 100 this league but this would be my lvl 100 tree:

https://pastebin.com/cZXQMEWT

I tried to mix between life and damage there.

Thanks BitBite, I agree with the upgrades :)

I just want to add that I believe a Rat's Nest slightly outvalues a 1 socket Lightpoacher but it's very minimal. Abyss league items are pretty cool and fun, so feel free to stick with that. I was lucky to get my dual socket one at 11ex before the price hiked up for whatever reason.

I'd focus on upgrading the other gears rather than going for the helm enchant and Dying Sun. This build farms Shaper really well and it will only be a matter of time that the Flask drops. In the mean time, an Onslaught flask (try to get movespeed) works as a placeholder.

Also, I would upgrade Lightning Golem gem even if it mucks up the CWDT setup. The buff the Golem provides is just too good.

"
roopert1 wrote:
I've been trying to get 4R 2B on my Carcass Jack but the best I could get was 4R1B1G out of 4k chromes...what do you guys think I can setup with that color scheme?

Added Cold Damage works just as well as added Lightning Damage.

"
BhaluBear wrote:
Also, what are your thoughts for running elemental focus support instead of added lightning damage? PoB shows more DPS even if you are counting the loss of frenzy charges from the CoH-Poacher's Mark setup.

At some point in this build, I was running Elemental Focus. I actually don't know these interactions well enough but I believe Elemental Focus just mucks up the Herald of Ice setups. I also don't believe we can actually shock enemies with that gem, and applying Shock factor + Lightning Dmg outweights it.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 11, 2018, 5:55:45 AM
Just did uber atziri and only had 1 death due to a misplay, incredibly easy. Thought trio would be a problem but they died so fast that they didn't do much.

Spoiler

Was rewarded on my first kill with this :)

That about wraps up all the content in the game with this build, and everything was fairly easy, claws make for a good substitute for vaal pact. Lightpoacher also makes for fun mapping so overall I highly recommend trying this build if anyone reading is on the fence about it.
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jan 11, 2018, 5:42:20 AM
Hi, what would be the correct order of all gems in the build?
I'm use this order. This is correct?
Spoiler
Last edited by llHugoll on Jan 12, 2018, 9:45:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info