[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

Hey, been playing this build this league with some friends (a curser and a windripper guy) and I've been having a blast, so thanks for that!

I was having some problems with the animate guardian dying (not sure how/why) so I swapped the chest for gruthkul's pelt (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gruthkul%27s_Pelt)
and slapped a Kingmaker
(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kingmaker)
in place of the dying breath, I dunno if it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread but that axe feels very, very worth the 10 or chaos it costs
"
Toaster404 wrote:
"
Sheidogis wrote:

Sorry, but that doesn't work on me. I have tried this with one Conquerors corruptet Jewel and also with the other. Both times this didn't change the reserved mana.

Old jewel out, new one in. Nothing changes at the reserved mana. What am I doing wrong?

I checked your profile.
Your skill tree seems fine.
But I couldn't find a single jewel with reduced mana reserved in your tree.
You have to use one on top of your conqueror's Jewel. Then it should work.

Ok. the Jewel ist now in my tree, but i have the same mana reserved...
the Purity's reserves 19%...
wath thit i wrong
"
Tacgnolol wrote:
Hey, been playing this build this league with some friends (a curser and a windripper guy) and I've been having a blast, so thanks for that!

I was having some problems with the animate guardian dying (not sure how/why) so I swapped the chest for gruthkul's pelt (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gruthkul%27s_Pelt)
and slapped a Kingmaker
(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kingmaker)
in place of the dying breath, I dunno if it was mentioned elsewhere in the thread but that axe feels very, very worth the 10 or chaos it costs

Thanks for that suggestion, Kingmaker is really a great axe these days! I will add it.

"
Sheidogis wrote:

Ok. the Jewel ist now in my tree, but i have the same mana reserved...
the Purity's reserves 19%...
wath thit i wrong

But you're not using the reduced reserved amulet, so you can't run as many auras.. You have to drop the Banner and a damage aura.
Animate guard is really good but yesterday i got DC in a map then i come back and i cannot recast it... so now i have to buy items again for it ?
it just vanished and when casting it it doesnt come back...
"
saninn1 wrote:
Animate guard is really good but yesterday i got DC in a map then i come back and i cannot recast it... so now i have to buy items again for it ?
it just vanished and when casting it it doesnt come back...

If your Animated guardian dies, you sadly have to buy all items and recast it again.
That's why we want to make our Animated guardian as tanky as possible with auras and links, so he doesn't die while mapping. For difficult boss fights, you may take this out.
For the first time ever in POE I've made it to level 90 and managed to get 5 exalts by splitting with different carries. I have the entirety of the build now, so I've been looking at the expensive upgrade section. I'm trying to figure out how worth it is, and there are a few things I don't quite understand.

Why use brightbreak over ephemeral edge, my resistances are already very over-capped. Why switch to vaal discipline and vaal haste over the vaal grace setup. Why take away a damage aura? Isn't removing auras from the build bad for how guardian works? Are the extra levels from empower actually worth it? Would you bother qualitying any of the skill gems for extra AOE?

Also complete side note, I currently have 138 mana available to me, and I've kept shield charge and flame dash low level for mana cost reasons. How high can I bring up my clarity before it's an issue? Should I just make sure I have enough mana to cast those 2 and smite? Is there enough regen on the build if I leave just enough?
Last edited by Aethereal_Reaper on Apr 7, 2019, 2:04:03 PM
"
For the first time ever in POE I've made it to level 90 and managed to get 5 exalts by splitting with different carries. I have the entirety of the build now, so I've been looking at the expensive upgrade section. I'm trying to figure out how worth it is, and there are a few things I don't quite understand.

Why use brightbreak over ephemeral edge, my resistances are already very over-capped. Why switch to vaal discipline and vaal haste over the vaal grace setup. Why take away a damage aura? Isn't removing auras from the build bad for how guardian works? Are the extra levels from empower actually worth it? Would you bother qualitying any of the skill gems for extra AOE?

Also complete side note, I currently have 138 mana available to me, and I've kept shield charge and flame dash low level for mana cost reasons. How high can I bring up my clarity before it's an issue? Should I just make sure I have enough mana to cast those 2 and smite? Is there enough regen on the build if I leave just enough?

Hey there, thanks for your feedback and questions!

Brightbeak is just the option for being faster. If you're fast enough with Epheremal Edge, then you should use it. It's not really about resistances in this case.

I think you got confused by the gem setup. The Final setup doesn't use Vaal Haste. It only uses Vaal Grace, and maybe Vaal Discipline.

We don't take a damage aura away? As describen we can choose between 4 of 5 damage auras. It's just not possible to take all 5 with our small budget. Otherwise you would need some reduced mana reserved jewels, Enlighten etc.. But 4 Damage Auras are already plenty for a support.

I'm wondering why you have such much mana unreserved. I think you forgot to use an Aura? Please use the Gem/aura setup describen in the "Gem Setup" Section - not the auras used in the equipment (not updated yet).
Besides, always min max your mana regarding to your active skills. That means, that you can level your skills as high, as much mana pool you have left. If you have 20 mana left, then level your Flame Dash to a lvl, so that it costs 20 mana (maybe a bit less, to avoid getting problems with chaos degen).
Hey there, thanks for your feedback and questions!

Brightbeak is just the option for being faster. If you're fast enough with Epheremal Edge, then you should use it. It's not really about resistances in this case.

I think you got confused by the gem setup. The Final setup doesn't use Vaal Haste. It only uses Vaal Grace, and maybe Vaal Discipline.

We don't take a damage aura away? As describen we can choose between 4 of 5 damage auras. It's just not possible to take all 5 with our small budget. Otherwise you would need some reduced mana reserved jewels, Enlighten etc.. But 4 Damage Auras are already plenty for a support.

I'm wondering why you have such much mana unreserved. I think you forgot to use an Aura? Please use the Gem/aura setup describen in the "Gem Setup" Section - not the auras used in the equipment (not updated yet).
Besides, always min max your mana regarding to your active skills. That means, that you can level your skills as high, as much mana pool you have left. If you have 20 mana left, then level your Flame Dash to a lvl, so that it costs 20 mana (maybe a bit less, to avoid getting problems with chaos degen).[/quote]

The attack speed on brightbeak makes sense, there's a few people I run with that are still a bit too fast.

In the Expensive section you have the gem setup for the boots listed as Boots: Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration – Enduring Cry, and that's in the setup text not what's actually in the gear. I'm looking to do the specifically the expensive upgrade, so I just want to make sure that whole setup is correct.

As for the empowered auras it's more a numbers question. So I currently run Wrath-Anger-Hatred-Zealotry(war banner-clarity.)I swap Hatred for Malevolence when running with someone who does DOT of any type. So my question is dropping an aura and empowering the others worth the loss of a damage aura like say Hatred for example (since I run with a lot of lightning crit casters.) Will the 3 level 23 empowered auras actually be an improvement over 4 level 20 auras (excluding levels granted by items)

I have a pretty good idea for why I have so much mana leftover: I have shaper reduced reservation necklace, a conquer efficiency jewel, and mana reduced jewel. I haven't taken the time to min/max my reservation cause I wanted to go through with the expensive upgrade section and figure out what I still need.
See above message, messed up with editing and posted twice
Last edited by Aethereal_Reaper on Apr 12, 2019, 2:18:15 PM
"

The attack speed on brightbeak makes sense, there's a few people I run with that are still a bit too fast.

In the Expensive section you have the gem setup for the boots listed as Boots: Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration – Enduring Cry, and that's in the setup text not what's actually in the gear. I'm looking to do the specifically the expensive upgrade, so I just want to make sure that whole setup is correct.

As for the empowered auras it's more a numbers question. So I currently run Wrath-Anger-Hatred-Zealotry(war banner-clarity.)I swap Hatred for Malevolence when running with someone who does DOT of any type. So my question is dropping an aura and empowering the others worth the loss of a damage aura like say Hatred for example (since I run with a lot of lightning crit casters.) Will the 3 level 23 empowered auras actually be an improvement over 4 level 20 auras (excluding levels granted by items)

I have a pretty good idea for why I have so much mana leftover: I have shaper reduced reservation necklace, a conquer efficiency jewel, and mana reduced jewel. I haven't taken the time to min/max my reservation cause I wanted to go through with the expensive upgrade section and figure out what I still need.

Well, to be honest, the "expensive Section" is in terms of gems not really up to date. I will try to fix that as soon as possible. Just use the normal gem setup and if you want to upgrade something, you could still use enlightens for your purities, and Empower for your damage auras in the Victarios.
Mmh, it always depends, if it's worth it to take an Empower for 3 damage auras, instead of 4 damage auras and no empower. In the End I would probably kick out the war banner and just use the Empower.. But for this case you need to get enough reduced mana reserved, to run multiple damage auras on Empower. In general Empower is nice on these auras, but only a small difference.. It's like up to 20% more "aura Effect".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info