[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

Unless you know nearly everything about the game allready i would go with the other one as it has a decent levelling guide. thats just in my opinion as this one is all about trying to figure it out yourself (allthough some people in here very helpfull)
"
Hey should i follow your version of the build or this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596467/page/1

I checked this guide and it's more expensive (Presence Of Chayula) and offers less defenses and speed for yourself.
You are not affected by Purities and Haste -> Elemental Damage (which is way more relevant than physical damage) would kill you very fast. In opposite, he has a lot of mitigation vs physical damage, which is in my opinion not really important. Using Iron Reflexes makes you extremely squishy, because the stacking of armour is inefficient. This way you loose all your evasion, so you cant evade elemental attacks anymore -> not evading elemental attacks + only 75% resistances -> Very squishy.
In addition, my build is going for a decent mana pool of around 5k, so you offer a better survivability to your party mates and to yourself (you need only really cheap gear to get over 9k ES on high lvls).

I tried a Guardian with full armour stacking once 1-2 years ago and it was terrible compared to an evasion based support.

I'm not saying that his support is bad.. I'm just saying that he's playing it in a different way.
His support is adding some armour and a bit higher resistances for his team, but gives way less Energy Shield and costs way more to build it properly.
Personally, I would never try to play a Support with Iron Reflexes and Purities on Generosity again, but that's just my opinion.

You could use his lvling guide as well, since the final trees are more or less similar, except that I'm taking mana nodes and he's taking armour (iron reflexes etc.).
Last edited by Toaster404 on Mar 20, 2018, 8:37:28 AM
"
Toaster404 wrote:
"
Hey should i follow your version of the build or this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596467/page/1

I checked this guide and it's more expensive (Presence Of Chayula) and offers less defenses and speed for yourself.
You are not affected by Purities and Haste -> Elemental Damage (which is way more relevant than physical damage) would kill you very fast. In opposite, he has a lot of mitigation vs physical damage, which is in my opinion not really important. Using Iron Reflexes makes you extremely squishy, because the stacking of armour is inefficient. This way you loose all your evasion, so you cant evade elemental attacks anymore -> not evading elemental attacks + only 75% resistances -> Very squishy.
In addition, my build is going for a decent mana pool of around 5k, so you offer a better survivability to your party mates and to yourself (you need only really cheap gear to get over 9k ES on high lvls).

I tried a Guardian with full armour stacking once 1-2 years ago and it was terrible compared to an evasion based support.

I'm not saying that his support is bad.. I'm just saying that he's playing it in a different way.
His support is adding some armour and a bit higher resistances for his team, but gives way less Energy Shield and costs way more to build it properly.
Personally, I would never try to play a Support with Iron Reflexes and Purities on Generosity again, but that's just my opinion.

You could use his lvling guide as well, since the final trees are more or less similar, except that I'm taking mana nodes and he's taking armour (iron reflexes etc.).

Thank you once again fore the reply, i think i'l stick to your build. I asked him a similar question but he said if i'm really new to the game i should play summoner support or something like that. I'l use your build and kill tree with his leveling guide and such and just one more quick question, what if i get chayula and/or shavrone's wrappings drop or farm enough currency for it? Will i have to respec some points etc..?
"

Thank you once again fore the reply, i think i'l stick to your build. I asked him a similar question but he said if i'm really new to the game i should play summoner support or something like that. I'l use your build and kill tree with his leveling guide and such and just one more quick question, what if i get chayula and/or shavrone's wrappings drop or farm enough currency for it? Will i have to respec some points etc..?

Some leagues ago, I would have suggested you a summoner support as well. Sadly, they nerfed Necromancer so badly, that it's not anymore a good ascendancy for support.

Shavronne's Wrappings is not needed and not wanted. You can't play my build with this item, since it's build around Victario's Influence. I don't see any reason to go for a Wrappings as Support to be honest.

Presence of Chayula would be a good upgrade, but is not necessary in any means. You could use it for sure. :)
As a later note to my earlier moaning concerning not enough advice etc on levelling, I am now at level 80 and enjoying the build very much, thankyou
"
As a later note to my earlier moaning concerning not enough advice etc on levelling, I am now at level 80 and enjoying the build very much, thankyou

I'm happy to hear, that you can finally enjoy the build!

If you have any further questions, just let me know. :)
Hey i forgot to ask, which enchants should i aim for in lab for healm, gloves and feet?
"
Hey i forgot to ask, which enchants should i aim for in lab for healm, gloves and feet?

Helm:
Reduced mana Reservation (Possible auras: Wrath, Hatred, Anger, Purity of Ice, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning - okay, but not as good: Discipline, Haste, Grace)
Stone Golem Effect
Shield Charge Attack Speed

Boots:
Regen when you have been hit recently
Movement speed
Attack speed

Gloves:
Commandment of Light (for consecrated ground)
At what level should i be able to keep all auras going ? ATM i can go with only 9 at level 70
Last edited by JaegerZ on Mar 22, 2018, 11:29:44 AM
"
JaegerZ wrote:
At what level should i be able to keep all auras going ? ATM i can go with only 9 at level 70

You can only run 9 auras because you are using blasphemy enfeeble.

The 10 auras are only achievable without blasphemy.

You should be able to run all 10 auras from lvl 70 ongoing.

Although, many carries dont need Hatred (for example ele skills or wander).. so you could use Blasphemy instead of Hatred without any loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info