[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

OK thanks for input, im getting there slowly. at lvl 50 now but soo slow even in party, once i go full support will i have any damage/spell myself? i cannot see any skill on list, so i presume the playstlye is just hang back and let everyone else do the killing, but how to survive when other party members up ahead etc with no attack skill? thanks, pls post a video perhaps with a little info, all i see is how you got to 100
Also how am i supposed to use like 20 different skills? i only have room for 7 id there some way to use all of them simultainously or something, damn wish i had not followed this guide, as its not really a guide as hardly any info to be found
Not sure how others did it, but I can tell you my configuration:

Upper bar (three skills) is used for movement:
1) Move only (Left Click)
2) Teleport skill for cliffs (e.g. Flame Dash/Lightning Warp) (Middle Mouse Button)
3) Shield Charge (Right Click)

Lower bar (five skills) is used for the rest:
1) Vaal Haste
2) Vaal Grace
3) Enduring Cry
4) Summon Stone Golem
5) ALL Auras

After I die (or swap weapons), I just swap the skill on the Aura button and switch them on one by one.
This is admittedly quite tedious and I would love an option that would remember my aura setup...

I personally don't use Animate Guardian, but assuming you don't have to resummon often, just swap the skill in like you would do with the auras.
ok thanks thats very helpfull. when you say switch weapons do you mean you have an attack/spell you use with offhand weapon? or do you never do any damage? (i have been using as sujjested in this guide(Frost Bolt + Added Lightning Damage + Arcane Surge) but the damage is like only 1 or 2k,
To turn on all auras I click on the last skill icon (which is dedicated for auras like I mentioned), which prompts a pop-up to appear which lets me choose a skill to put into that slot.

One by one, I choose an aura, push the button to activate it (indicated by the strong border and the swirling circle) and choose the next one (rinse and repeat until all 9 or 10 are active)...

What I meant with weapon swapping is the following: When you have auras slotted in your weapon or shield (Grace, Haste and Discipline if you follow the guide) and you swap to your second weapon set (where I put other gems I want to level), it automatically turns off all slotted auras. Upon swapping back, they are sadly not automatically reactivated, so you have to do it manually.

Had some stupid deaths because I forgot to turn Discipline back on :-D (learning slowly by mistake).

I'd love an option to auto-enable auras...

Concerning damage: No, you won't do damage at all at higher levels (for me, this started at Act 3, I think, but I fully went support from the start and solely leveled with a buddy, so it was okay). It's still an active playstyle for me, dashing around with shield charge (generating charges with the Ascendancy) using enduring cry every few seconds and the Vaal gems in times of need and opening all the chests my carry does not bother with (someone has to do the dirty work :-P).

Leveling was a bit hard until the build comes fully online (for me this was with Victario's influence), but as I mentioned I went full support and did not level alone (damage was therefore not my concern), so I have no further insight how that would go, sorry :-(...
Thanks for reply, can this build be transitioned into more expensive version once i get currency( is it better than shavrone+ chayula)

And yes i will be playing softcore and i don't mind dying ofc :)
"
DangerMcCool wrote:
I'm currently playing this build and it's amazing! My buddy and I are zooming through maps and providing this many auras and buffs feels really good.

Just one question as I now am faced with upgrading my Pantheon powers (I'm quite new to PoE, this is my second character after I played a curse support a few weeks ago, so I might not have grasped all aspects):
Why are you using Brine King over Arakaali? The latter seems to bring another layer of Chaos resistance into the mix (or does the "+25% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time" not work if you are already capped?). Maybe I underestimate the Stun and Freeze circumvention from Brine King?

Without the stun "immunity" of Brine King Ascendancy, you could easily get perma stunned by fast hitting skills like Esh Balls.. this means, that you cant move anymore, and would just die after a couple of secs. Of course you could log out, but Brine King solves this problem by providing a good defense vs stun.

Arakaali on the other side is really bad for this build. It only offers chaos res vs dmg over time.. So it actually gives you nothing, because you still have to get 75% chaos res on your gear (otherwise chaos damage would reck you way easier).

"
OK thanks for input, im getting there slowly. at lvl 50 now but soo slow even in party, once i go full support will i have any damage/spell myself? i cannot see any skill on list, so i presume the playstlye is just hang back and let everyone else do the killing, but how to survive when other party members up ahead etc with no attack skill? thanks, pls post a video perhaps with a little info, all i see is how you got to 100

"
Also how am i supposed to use like 20 different skills? i only have room for 7 id there some way to use all of them simultainously or something, damn wish i had not followed this guide, as its not really a guide as hardly any info to be found

DangerMcCool answered your questions already pretty well.
Summing up, you wont kill mobs yourself. It's a support build, so you're supporting someone, and not dealing damage yourself. You use shield charge to keep up with your party members.
It would be helpful, if you start playing a generic spell caster build, so you get to know with all these mechanics etc. of POE.
Starting the game as support is really difficult, because it combines some experienced mechanics and doesn't let you play solo.
Last edited by Toaster404 on Mar 19, 2018, 12:33:54 PM
Thanks for answering, countering stun locks makes a lot of sense :-), I'll go with the Brine King then!

I assume chaos damage over time should already be taken care of by MoM, Life Regen and capped Chaos Res., so being able to actually get away from the damage seems to be much more worth it.
Yeah thank you your help is very appreciated, i have spent over 1000 hours since i started playing poe during abyss and love it, my first build sucked cos i made it myself then i followed a pure physical cylone build and it was so much fun, and found the guide very thorough for leveling and what gems to use and weapons whilst leveling etc, so it was very easy, i will get the hang of this build eventually but wish i had chosen one with more detail. as im relatively new and can only learn so much in 1000 hours ( as we only learn when trying new things i guess). but hopefully i will make a good support once i figure this all out, and thanks again for all the help for this poor noob :-)
Hey should i follow your version of the build or this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596467/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info