Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

Same crash a 1 to 5 windows exception pop
sometimes its nothing freeze.... then close
sometimes BOOM everything close direction desktop...
ITS OK im full stack of frenzy time to fix it
The recommended solution to this by GGG is to

1. Delete your "production_config" file in "documents/my games/path of exile."
2. Delete all the "Cache" folders in "My Games/Path of Exile"
3. Reinstall DirectX by going into your Installation Folder "C:\Program Files\GGG\Path Of Exile\Redist" and running the installer.

This cured the constant crashes for me. Everyone has some random "trigger." But the root cause has to do with the old config file not working with the latest version. (I believe.)

Exceptions can occur for a variety of reasons however. But I do believe the majority are related to the config file.
Last edited by Banedaemon on Sep 17, 2018, 5:17:56 AM
"
Banedaemon wrote:
The recommended solution to this by GGG is to

1. Delete your "production_config" file in "documents/my games/path of exile."
2. Delete all the "Cache" folders in "My Games/Path of Exile"
3. Reinstall DirectX by going into your Installation Folder "C:\Program Files\GGG\Path Of Exile\Redist" and running the installer.

This cured the constant crashes for me. Everyone has some random "trigger." But the root cause has to do with the old config file not working with the latest version. (I believe.)

Exceptions can occur for a variety of reasons however. But I do believe the majority are related to the config file.

I tried this twice but unfortunately it did not fix anything.

This is the error I've been getting:
I have the same crashes
Did all the steps, was good until the latest patch.

Also I have undervolted system, both GPU and CPU and sometimes it matters if PoE doesn't like your config, although it can work stable in other games.
I've been having these errors for the last two leagues.

I updated my drivers at the start of this league, and instead of getting the pop-up "unable to create index buffer" messages, the screen would flicker once then the computer crashes requiring a physical reboot.

I rolled back to previous driver from feb this year, and im back to getting pop-ups but can bring up task manager to terminate PoE.

I get these errors usually after a few hours of gametime, definitely not as frequently as some people.

I don't know whose fault it is PoE or AMD but there is definitely a compatibility issue between the two. I'm using a RX 560, the most recent branch of drivers 18.8x crash fully, the current one im using is 18.5 which is just the pop-ups.

*edit*

OK so i had this issue with another game, 99% sure it is now either hardware related (will try reseating it) or driver related so will try rolling much further back to a 2016 driver.
Last edited by Asmosis on Sep 24, 2018, 8:13:11 AM
Having this issue in the Betrayal league for the first time..

GeForce RTX 2070
Ryzen 7 2700x

I have tried different drivers etc. No luck :/
IGN - altsuperkey
UP.

art\models\terrain\doodads\forestcave\forestcave_v02_04.fmt

f:\buildslave\build\productions\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\indexbufferd3d11.cpp at line 40

error -2005270523

unable to create index buffer
I have the same problem, had it for almost 2 months straight on my old laptop before I stopped playing because of it... no idea what is causing it but from what I can observe it seems to be related to mtx since I crash when loading a player hub or when exiles are in the area.

Seems to be isolated to Poe from the time being, since other games have not
crashed as of today.

Album of the crash: https://imgur.com/a/WpYv2lc

I'm going to try the solution posted by Banedaemon to see if it solves anything.

Direct 11.
Ryzen 5 1700x
GTX 1060 6gb
Corsair DDR3 8GB 2133MHz (2X)
On an SSD.

No component has been OC'd or modified in BIOS.
I have been crashing with an index bug also - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2270912

Cannot even attempt to do lab runs anymore because of it crashing at the last izaro phase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info