Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

edit: bad internet led to double post, sorry. can't find a delete button
Last edited by Firefrye on Dec 18, 2018, 4:11:17 PM
"
Banedaemon wrote:
The recommended solution to this by GGG is to

1. Delete your "production_config" file in "documents/my games/path of exile."
2. Delete all the "Cache" folders in "My Games/Path of Exile"
3. Reinstall DirectX by going into your Installation Folder "C:\Program Files\GGG\Path Of Exile\Redist" and running the installer.

This cured the constant crashes for me. Everyone has some random "trigger." But the root cause has to do with the old config file not working with the latest version. (I believe.)

Exceptions can occur for a variety of reasons however. But I do believe the majority are related to the config file.

Tried this, crashed within 5min.

f:\buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\vertexbuffered3d11.cpp at line 24

These errors have been occurring this entire league, but I have never seen them before.
I have this crashes very often, deleting cache did not help.
It started with 3.5 and my bug report about that was deleted without any notice.
Same issue. Can't even log into the game. Have tried everything mentioned here and in other threads. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Nothing has worked yet.

Edit:

As soon as I posted I got a response to my email:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Support.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer technical support currently, due to limited staff resources. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are encountering a technical issue, we recommend posting in the Technical Support subforum so other players are able to suggest troubleshooting steps you may try. You can find this subforum here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support

If you are encountering a gameplay issue, we recommend checking out the Known Issues thread and threads from other players in the Bug Reports subforum who are experiencing the same issue.

Known Issues thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474

Bug Reports subforum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/bug-reports

If you are unable to see your issue listed in either of these places, please create a new thread about your issue in the Bug Reports subforum. Our development team keep a close eye on all threads posted here, and any issues identified will be included in a patch as soon as we have been able to fix this issue.

We will be offering technical support again in February 2019, please feel free to contact us again then if you continue to encounter any issues with Path of Exile.

Kind regards,
GGG Support

Looks Like I will not be able to play the game till Feb at the soonest unless they fix the issue on their end. Fun
Last edited by nakoninja on Dec 22, 2018, 4:41:37 PM
This is ridiculous.
I keep loosing Azurite Mine loot, I'm afraid to start Labyrinth because it will crash before I finish, I'm loosing maps.
And there's no official reply on this ffs.
So can be it fixed:
go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > and set "Power Management mode" from Adaptive to Maximum Performance.
It works for me.
GL)
у меня проблема таково же характера , ничего не помогает , сегодня сдох из за этого лага
"
SunToMe wrote:
So can be it fixed:
go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > and set "Power Management mode" from Adaptive to Maximum Performance.
It works for me.
GL)

Although I have AMD card, this actually helped. Now I have font color glitches instead of crashes.
"
SunToMe wrote:
So can be it fixed:
It works for me.
GL)

Doesnt work.

I've tried all "solutions" keep crashing.

We need GGG to help us.

Ive even tried

New graphic card (TWICE).
Limit GPU temp/clock.
Both PCIe slots on motherboard.
Sarn encampment and Harbour Bridge have full of bugs. When i enter these maps my pc is gonna slow, and stuck loop on loading screen. I don't know what i am doing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info