Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

started a new SSF char... didn't index buffer all the way up to act 4... get my sulphite, attempt to delve.... after 3 attempts i've only spent 1 sulphite, i've died twice, and wondering why delve = index buffer ;p
GGG how can I help you help me? The game is still crashing at entirely inappropriate moments. I've lost portals, items, challenge progression, memories, etc. at various times while playing this league. I want to play, but I get so very frustrated every single time this game crashes because it crashes at such random times, not to mention it crashes a lot of time at login or before login. Its always a buffer error.

Do you need to see my dxdiag or something more detailed to see that my pc should not be having any sort of memory errors? I really don't know what else to do and by the popularity of this thread and many others like it, it would seem that you would at least respond in some way to try to help us.

We're sitting here helpless to save Wraeclast.

http://i63.tinypic.com/qrzq4p.png

The error numbers don't even matter because every single time I crash it's a different error number. I've reinstalled, I've deleted the apk, I've verified the files through Steam, I've changed all my graphics settings to the lowest and highest settings... I've done everything I've found through these forums to try to alleviate this problem to no avail.
Last edited by AlmightyMeatwad on May 7, 2019, 4:08:23 AM
I've been working this issue as well. I made a post here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2453916/page/2

After playing with this more I am noticing trends on my system.

I use two screens, I have been driving both from my Vega.

I usually watch TV on one and play on the other. This also seems to be a problem. I switched my second screen to onboard graphics. Played POE for over an hour, no crashes where I often couldn't get logged in before I crashed.

When in fullscreen / fullscreen windowed I am getting some normal looking clocks from my GPU and max dynamic fps.

While in windowed I am practically at idle on clocks and locked at 60fps which plays smooth until the action heats up and my fps drop but my clocks don't increase.

This issue is with how POE/Windows/VID Driver are talking, or not talking.

I have adjusted every setting I can find, full screen optimization, overclock/underclock, power settings to adjusting the version of directx in the registry. The "fix" is really about finding the combination of settings that will work on your system.

If you have the issue and want to play start adjusting settings, all settings. Play around a lot and I bet you find a combo that works. This problem is not hardware fault created but software settings and the settings combo that will work for you probably wont work for me and vice versa.

Luck
Still this index error. Have no idea what cause it. It looks like some Direct X 11 error with some Poe textures. But its not fun to have this error 5 times per hour. :(
My Specs:

i7 4970K
GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB Ram
etc etc etc

My game is on SSD Disk
Just died on hardcore lvl 99 80% bar /// deleted char and I will never gonna play this SHI* game. Every 3 months fuking expansions, but they don't give a shit that the game is fucking full of bugs.

Specs where I get the error:

1. I7 9800x +128GB RAM +2080TI Palit / game on ssd
2. Ryzen7 2700x +64 GB RAM + Vega 64 / game on ssd
3. HP Z4 Xeon W2133 / 256 GB RAM ECC / 2 Quadro P4000 SLI / game on ssd
4. Laptop Asus Ryzen 7 1700 + 32GB RAM + RX 580 / game on ssd.

So, if some1 tells me that the issue is from me, you must be nuts. We are talking about 4 different systems, with different drivers, all of them getting this fucking eror.

Goodbye GGG, hours and hours of time wasted, because you want to get money instead of making a stable game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info