Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

"
eLbRuTaLiTe wrote:
Hi,

I have the same problem, just crashes randomly with same error code...
Crashes are also occuring in PUBG, and screen freeze in dota 2...
No idea what's going on...

This is a hardware or driver problem with your system.
"
Angryweasel wrote:
I keep getting these crashes happens both in maps and hideout. I've tried to upgrade drivers re-installing the game. changing settings windowed/windowed fullscreen/fullscreen

Nothing helps and its really getting on my nerves it only happens on my laptop 980 GM Nvidia card

it's different lines each time but the latest crash stated

"": in source code file:
f:buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\vertexbufferd3d11.cpp at line 24,
processing file:
Error: -2005270523

I really hope this can be fixed soon I can just feel that im gonna die to a crash sooner or later.

That error is E_OUT_OF_MEMORY, which means that DirectX is telling PoE that it can't give it the memory it needs for that model. Looks like you are using the DirectX 11 client, which means that it isn't memory fragmentation. Try restarting the game, and the system, and see if either helps.

I'd also suggest checking for corruption in the game files, using either packcheck.exe or steam "verify local files", as appropriate.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

That error is E_OUT_OF_MEMORY, which means that DirectX is telling PoE that it can't give it the memory it needs for that model. Looks like you are using the DirectX 11 client, which means that it isn't memory fragmentation. Try restarting the game, and the system, and see if either helps.

I'd also suggest checking for corruption in the game files, using either packcheck.exe or steam "verify local files", as appropriate.

Ran both, both came back clean. In a 6 hour session, it happens maybe once or twice. Some days it doesn't happen at all. For me, crashing is isolated to this game. I don't know how to narrow it down any further though.
"
Rithraem wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:

Ran both, both came back clean. In a 6 hour session, it happens maybe once or twice. Some days it doesn't happen at all. For me, crashing is isolated to this game. I don't know how to narrow it down any further though.

Me either. I'd personally email GGG technical support and ask them for any further advice they can share. I don't even know what is going on here. Maybe some sort of dubious VRAM management by the driver that fragments that, and leads to the crash because it can't find space eventually for something that size, despite plenty of free memory. Maybe some PoE bug that eventually asks for a 300GB buffer, IDK.

We have done everything we can at this stage, I think. :/ Sorry.
I am glad to see I am not the only person having this issue. Honestly I believe this problem began for me either after the latest windows update or the latest Nvidia driver update.

Subscribed to hear any updates on this.
Bump
I think i found my reason of crash. Its my GPU. Its dying. Tried to play other games too but same crash everywhere.

But strange things is if i stress test my gpu it wont crash at all.

I just started the game with integrated graphics(Intel HD graphics 4000) and saw that crashes have stopped. No crash yet. Game runs crappy but stable. As soon as i switch to GPU(Nvidia GT 635m), crashes instantly.

So i have no other option but to run game on my Intel for few days, until i buy a new GPU.

Try to run the game on intel instead of GPU. Good luck and i hope ur GPU is not dying too.
I dont have issues in other games I also ran Benchmarks with no issues its really annoying I hope they figure it out soon its almost impossible to play on my laptop...
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
I have finally fixed it i think at least haven't gotten the error for a few hrs now which seems unlikely since it crashed every 5-10 mins before.

I deleted the production_config file in documents/my games/path of exile folder and re-did all the settings and voila that seems to do the trick!

I still get the path of exile stopped working error from time to time but i also get that on my main pc. and it doesnt happen that often.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
Angryweasel wrote:

I deleted the production_config file in documents/my games/path of exile folder and re-did all the settings and voila that seems to do the trick!

ya i did the same and it runs the game for like sometimes 1-2 days or sometimes like hours, then starts to crash again.

So it might be the issue but not in every case.

Its good that u are not receiving any crashes and i hope that the production config is the reason in ur case and is solved.

Good luck bro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info