Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

I suggest all the guys to at least once to try to run the game in integrated graphics (Intel) or other gpu if u have any. There might be some issues with the gpu that game is triggering. Just my suggestion.
I had these problems with my 980 Ti (iChill black from Inno3D) and had similiar problems in Witcher 3 and Elite:Dangerous, while other Gamess (Overwatch) and stability tests never showed problems.

I got 4 crashes in 6 hours of playtime and can only work around that with a modified GPU Bios, that lowers the clock from 1340/1430 MHz to 1000/1000 Mhz that lowers performance by 35%. I played 20 hours without crashes with that modified Bios, however it is very unsatisfying :-(

Temperatures and Power Consumption do not indicate any issues.
I get crashes like this sometimes. Sometimes after playing 2` min, other times i play 2 hours without a problem.

Getting the crashes too. I only have 2gb of SSD space available, far less than the 10% I should have, maybe it's a swap/temp problem where it can't write away enough info and crashes...
I'll try finding some extra space.
Last edited by Mercapto on Jan 31, 2018, 4:31:01 PM
https://imgur.com/a/qzADl
managed to capture this screenshot. Crashes in maybe 20% of instances, usually after I leave it or die etc. But, not always. Crashed in zana (inside another map) on this one, now I cant load original map either.
Update: disabled dx11, now on dx9. I havent crashed in ~2hrs of testing. Lag is insane though, often dropping to like 5FPS with all settings on low> I have an r9 380/8gb ram and new i7.
I tried again to get back into dx 11 and I cant even load the game anymore. Same errors like in screen shot except now it starts swapping my monitors resolution to random resolutions. It eventually hangs up so bad that it either requires a full restart or at least a full restart on Steam.
"
Musketoon wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/qzADl
managed to capture this screenshot. Crashes in maybe 20% of instances, usually after I leave it or die etc. But, not always. Crashed in zana (inside another map) on this one, now I cant load original map either.

If you are on steam try the verify game files or if you are on standalone client the run pack check. There might be some issue with your Content.ggpk.

Reference: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531
I also get this error. The funny thing is that when I switch the focus of the computer to the task manager, the startup video for GGG rolls and the login screen appears. When I click PoE's window, the monitor acts up. Weird. I hope they fix it.
Last edited by jumbobacon on Feb 3, 2018, 3:15:19 AM
I too suffer from this problem, it's less likely to happen with the directx9 client - but still happens with that too.

Lowering the clockspeed did help for a while but it came back with a vengeance.

PoE is the only game that I have this problem with. All other games run just fine.
The specific error in the original post, and I assume at least some of the "me too" posts, is DirectX reporting E_OUT_OF_MEMORY. It isn't clear what is causing this to happen for some-but-not-all players, or with more frequency for some, but I am curious:

If anyone is interested, it would be great for you to grab ListDLLs, then run it after you have completed a map or zone in PoE. Post the list here, or link a pastebin of it, or something. I'd like to see if we can identify any commonality between the people who are having routine crashes that is different from the people who are not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info