Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

Hoped that 3.5.4 would solve this.

It was much smoother playing, FPS higher, lower GPU temp and more stable.
Yet i still crashed within minutes

https://i.imgur.com/jvaWYnC.png

edit: posted on reddit in hope of some attention.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/asqx4p/client_crash_since_354/

This time i could actually re-produce a freeze with betrayl content.
Last edited by Lowlife555 on Feb 20, 2019, 12:24:43 PM
Guys:

TURN OFF ANTIALIASING.
Also use Shadows: Default, setting.

It seems it help with my hideout crashes so far.
I also need help with this, makes the "depths" unplayable
IGN: Querth
I was experiencing this "unable to create index buffer" a lot, only solution was to switch from DX11 to DX9ex. However, in 3.6 only DX11 is supported.

I googled an issue a lot before and now again. I went through many formums and posts, got only one possible explanation:
It is definitely a POE bug, it is not related to graphics driver (users with various AMD, nVidia even Intel graphics are experiencing this crashes). Also deleting production_Config.ini does not help majority of players (hence it seem not to be related to ngame settings).

It seem that GGG is aware of the problem. Many posts on the official forum, many people have contacted the support (getting anything but just a generic response). GGG has probably crash reports from game client. Also the problem is surprisingly old - found players complaining about this error more than year ago. GGG simply does not know how to solve the problem or simply does not care.

Maybe it has to do with some Windows10 configuration, maybe it is related to specific HW configs, maybe some antivirus or antimalware intefrere with the game. However, without GGG we would not have a solution.
Have same problem...Nothing helped.
I would crash as soon as I enter an area with monsters with the unable to create index buffer message. Never had this before synthesis.
Got a new GPU tho, geforce RTX 2070. Somehow the problem feels GPU related.
man... I only index buffered a couple of times over the past few days...
then today I spawn a perfect Atzoatl layout...and I'm in the process of losing it at room 4 because i've index buffered in each new room :(

no settings changed... just my turn to suffer?
Last edited by waffenheimer on Apr 24, 2019, 7:41:32 PM
So.. that start happening to me as well :/
I tried changing graphic settings, different speed and voltage of my GPU, etc. As a result i think its definitely a clocking problem, also we all get the same error but its caused by different issues. Anyway in my case i had to underclock my card a bit (this part was needed strictly for my PC configuration!) and disable the "Dynamic Resolution" option, no crashes for 4 days now. Hope this help someone.

Most of the time when I get this error, I get it at startup and can't even get into the game. However, sometimes it still happens randomly during the game. There's no event or special circumstances that seem to be happening at the time this happens to me.

Sometimes, when I load the game up, it takes upwards of 20 tries before I don't get the error and I can get into the game. I've played this game since beta, but this is probably the worst fun I've had simply because I can't just jump in and play the game. This is a pretty serious "bug" and I'm not sure why it still happens or can happen since it's been happening for at least 2 years now. This is something that needs to be figured out because it really impacts the players. How many people will give the game hundreds of chances when all it does is crash on them, especially if they lose a map they paid high amounts of currency for. I love the game, and that's why I continue to play, but my clan is empty now, everyone has quit because of this error except me and one of my close friends.

GGG you have to know that this is affecting your bottom line. Can you acknowledge that you're working on this in the bug FAQ at least so people stop posting multiple threads about the same exact thing?
"
Lowlife555 wrote:
Guys:

TURN OFF ANTIALIASING.
Also use Shadows: Default, setting.

It seems it help with my hideout crashes so far.

This is terrible advice. Why would someone want to turn something off that is an actual option in the options menu to enhance gameplay? The problem isn't that it's turned on (this is definitely not even the problem because you can crash from this same error before you even log in), the problem is that it should work. All graphic options should work and work well, especially if you have the rig for it. Telling someone to make their game look like trash because it's not working is terrible advice when like I said, the options are there. If they don't work as they should with the number of people that have this issue, then the options should disappear altogether.
Games is completely unplayable now after patch. Either kicks me back to login when I try to start or when I try to instance anywhere. Keep getting shader errors. Please fix this. I tried changing the "true
screenspace_effects" from 1 to 2 which worked only for a short time. Reinstalled..............no help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info