VOIDBEARER = OP

im kinda confused by this post, i am level 66 with 77% fire resist and only 1.5k life and i dont think they are that bad really..
You need to use strategy when you're melee

1: See a champion pack of multiple projectile voidbearers.
2: think for a while.
3: Reroll to a ranged character because they're better.
even on normal in hc they can kill you if you stand still for just under 2 seconds. the regular ones aren't that bad and i dont think they do much damage, but blues and elites are pretty scary. i can't imagine being melee.... sounds unkillable.
Cruel difficulty, 2 days ago we (6 man group) decided to farm docks. We met group of Voidbearers next to the waypoint. There was one rare Voidbearer as well, the one, who uses LMP.
Our melee line (2 Maruders and Duealist) died instantly. 4th guy died, when we were runing away. Me and fellow ranged barely managed to evacuate back to town.

Fun times.

Did I mention, their fire lags the crap out of slow computers, especially on Docks map with water and rain?
"
Delmas wrote:
once they start breathing fire, move out of it, the voidbears will remain stationary for some time.

As far as melee vs them, mys well just reroll.....

melee is literally worthless until you get imba gear
They are quite powerful, perhaps a bit too powerful, but some notes for the OP:

* Armor doesn't do anything against elemental damage.

* 2500 hp in Act 3 Merciless isn't all that much. As a HC player, I like to have more than that before I take on Vaal.

* If you're trying to melee a Voidbearer, you're making your life WAY harder. Melee is more gear-dependent in general, so endgame will be rough until you get amazing gear. Voidbearers are one of the hardest things to tank in the entire game.
Last edited by solistus on Feb 27, 2013, 4:17:37 PM
"
solistus wrote:
They are quite powerful, perhaps a bit too powerful, but some notes for the OP:

* Armor doesn't do anything against elemental damage.

* 2500 hp in Act 3 Merciless isn't all that much. As a HC player, I like to have more than that before I take on Vaal.

* If you're trying to melee a Voidbearer, you're making your life WAY harder. Melee is more gear-dependent in general, so endgame will be rough until you get amazing gear. Voidbearers are one of the hardest things to tank in the entire game.

i have 2960hp on my lvl45 marauder ._.
How I dealt with Voidbearers on Merciless
1. Tempest Shield - on
2. Stone of Lazhwar - on
3. Wait 2 seconds
4. Loot the corpse

How I deal with Piety Miscreations
1. Tempest Shield - on
2. Wait 2 seconds
3. Loot the corpse

Profit!
Ruby flasks, Ranged Attack Totem and Conversion Traps. Especially Conversion Traps must be one of the most underrated skills in the game... It's actually quite fun to watch groups of voidbearers blast themselves to death. Same for the fire tentacle things in the Lunaris Temple which can become your best friends :-D. Or stringing along rare guys with nice auras like life regen for allies, converting totems in the pyramid to your side, etc, etc. The only voidbearers I run from are the multiple projectile guys because they're too lethal to have enough time to strategically place the traps. :-D
riot plz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info