Shaped and Elder Items...

"
Mythabril wrote:
"
Sinthetick wrote:
"
WanJiew wrote:
THE NEW RING THO OMG! does it gain the powers from the support gem it consuuuumes? :O

That's how I read it. You level up a support gem to 20, and it becomes an affix. Interesting.

Minion Life, Speed and Resistance fed in and you have a Ring of Instant Golems.

This kinda sounds so nice actually lol

Could also make movement skill setups. Shield charge as active with absorbed faster attacks, fortify, culling(?).. but how often would the cwdt proc it and kill you from moving into something bad lmao

Immortal call seems like the go to almost with inc duration, cast when stunned? empower? efficacy?
It would almost force an enduring cry tho for endurance charges.
It's quite possible that the mods on redonkulous things like that Vaal Blade come as a pack. I.e. roll the "Of Redonkulous" suffix and you get the singular mod 'Supported By CtB, Ruthless, and Splash Because Reasons'. Mostly because otherwise I cannot figure out how that Vaal Blade works. There's no possible way each of those three support gems is its own mod.

Also now I guess we know what they meant when they said that items like Tempest's Binding would become available without Tempest's Binding being more available. Yeebus. The Chaos Spam will be real this league.

Not to mention dear frickin' Gawd, can you imagine what Essence crafting will do to these things? Just imagine an Essence of Horror helm that rolls one of those two-support pseudo-6L mods! 30% MOAR Elemental damage with a Tempest's Binding-esque dual support roll? Or a Delirium version of that Vaal Blade? Chance to Bleed and Melee Splash to spread all the damn dots to all the damn things whilst saving your chest 6L for Bosslaughter?

Oh yeah. This is going to be stupid. The currency market is going to go absolutely insane, what with people Chaos spamming for weeks and Exalt slamming shit you'd never even look twice at before. If you're not trying to craft this crap, everything else in the league is going to feel like it's the next best thing to free with how desperate folks will be for some of this stuff.
I'm pretty sure just the item drops as shaped or elder and then is crafted with abyss jewels.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Well some people would think that GGG want multi-primary skill builds, though its false assumption. 2 Handers will turn from 6L to 8-9L thanks to those new rolls and that will be hella overpowered.
Last edited by herflik on Nov 16, 2017, 5:13:54 PM
"
Any rares you find in a normal map will just be whatever...

You mean like it's been for quite awhile now?

I'm gonna dare to say that almost nobody even picks up rares nowadays, except maybe a select few bases.
"
Lemamas wrote:
The way I read that new hungry ring is it comes with CWDT lvl 20, with a support gem socketed, when it reaches level 20 while socketed the ring consumes it. Once it has consumed 3 more SUPPORT gems, you then socket in your active skill gem. So it is essentially a 5L ring (CWDT + support + support + support + active gem)

This ring will be used very interestingly I think...

That's not the way I see it, frankly.

I really doubt it comes with lvl 20 cwdt. I think the ring they linked already has one support consumed to illustrate how the ring works (that once a gem hits level 20 while socketed it becomes a permanent affix). I'm guessing that a fresh one can consume FOUR supports of your choice, which would make the ring a potential 5L of choice. Which is pretty sweet, and a decent opportunity cost for giving up a ring with stats.

And I'm all for GGG adding new stuff to encourage using multiple skill setups, so both that ring and these new shaped/elder rares sound great to me.

"
herflik wrote:
Well some people would think that GGG want multi-primary skill builds, though its false assumption. 2 Handers will turn from 6L to 8-9L thanks to those new rolls and that will be hella overpowered.

You assume that 2handers will have the same types of options, it's very possible they won't be able to roll as strong of supports or as many affixes with supports. They'll probably be able to roll one extra support, *maybe* two, but almost certainly not three. They also might have more utility-oriented supports like Fortify available instead of damage ones like Ruthless.

Obviously making pure damage 8-9Ls possible would be pretty ridiculous, because it would expand things beyond current peak power levels by a wide margin, but making a 6L available on a 1hander (or on a helm or glove) doesn't expand beyond the current peak power level... 6ls are already available to them, allowing you to have multiple of them just adds more flexibility (and fun, imo), it doesn't really raise your peak power level.

"
1453R wrote:
It's quite possible that the mods on redonkulous things like that Vaal Blade come as a pack. I.e. roll the "Of Redonkulous" suffix and you get the singular mod 'Supported By CtB, Ruthless, and Splash Because Reasons'. Mostly because otherwise I cannot figure out how that Vaal Blade works. There's no possible way each of those three support gems is its own mod.

Nah, each of those supports does appear to be a singular mod, BUT each of those 'supported by' affixes appear to be two-liners... they all come with a second more-ordinary-looking stat mod. CtB is probably packaged with the inc bleed chance, Ruthless packaged with the stun threshold reduction, Splash with the AoE. And on the other couple pieces, faster casting with inc cast speed, slower projectiles with projectile damage, hypothermia with chill effect, and remote mine with additional mine.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 16, 2017, 5:55:06 PM
I hope this brings easier way to get dope items so I can finally play the entire game. Just a casual's perspective.
"
marty11 wrote:
I hope this brings easier way to get dope items so I can finally play the entire game. Just a casual's perspective.

Well, they won't be "dope" anymore, but yeh, I'm looking forward to some of those items.
Even a shitty roll faux 6L will make a big difference when you otherwise at best get a middling 5L chest.

On the higher end side of things, those mods could allow someone to go Kaom's and still get a decently linked attack.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
DAT RING !
"
Shppy wrote:

That's not the way I see it, frankly.

I really doubt it comes with lvl 20 cwdt.

You're right, it doesnt. Level 20 CWDT is one of the supports ring already "absorbed".

It's an unset that absorbs 4 support gems when they reach maximum level. Active skill in unset + 4 absorbed gems = 5L ring.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 16, 2017, 5:44:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info