Shaped and Elder Items...

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

On the higher end side of things, those mods could allow someone to go Kaom's and still get a decently linked attack.

oh god ur right, legacy kaosm just went bonkers in standard. I didnt even consider that, holy shit lol.

1h + shield legacy kaoms builds with 2x 6 links? Sounds legit...
"
Seems very fucking weird. Any rares you find in a normal map will just be whatever...

Unless you play SSF, you dont pick up rares.

If these new mods on items can roll on random drops from random mobs, this could change everything. Path of Exile where you actually pick up items, wow! If it's gated behind Shaper/Elder, then who cares. I dont understand this part yet, can they drop anywhere?
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 16, 2017, 5:50:14 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Seems very fucking weird. Any rares you find in a normal map will just be whatever...

If these new mods on items can roll on random drops from random mobs, this could change everything. Path of Exile where you actually pick up items, wow! If it's gated behind Shaper/Elder, then who cares. I dont understand this part yet, can they drop anywhere?

The way I understood it is that these items can only drop in Maps that are affected by the Shaper/Elder battle. Not sure how the mods are added (crafting only vs. possibly already added).
it seems as tho the mods are not taking up an affix spot, so its something added. but ya i wonder how they're placed - if its dropped or crafted, and if you can craft it afterwards with chaos or scours etc.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

That's not the way I see it, frankly.

I really doubt it comes with lvl 20 cwdt.

You're right, it doesnt. Level 20 CWDT is one of the supports ring already "absorbed".

It's an unset that absorbs 4 support gems when they reach maximum level. Active skill in unset + 4 absorbed gems = 5L ring.

That would actually be much more ideal rather than having the default CWDT

On the flipside, exceptionally powerful for a single ring slot adding a 5L lol

New BIS item for every build in the game.. not sure thats a good way to go.
It's probably going to be particularly difficult to roll a weapon with high damage stats AND linked supports. Even if you do manage to you'll be making some small tradeoffs. Kaom+1handers might be making some appearances in hardcore though, depending on the availability of these mods.
"
unTop wrote:
It's probably going to be particularly difficult to roll a weapon with high damage stats AND linked supports. Even if you do manage to you'll be making some small tradeoffs. Kaom+1handers might be making some appearances in hardcore though, depending on the availability of these mods.

But you might be able to roll a 6L on your 4L slot items.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
Nevernoomi wrote:
That would actually be much more ideal rather than having the default CWDT

On the flipside, exceptionally powerful for a single ring slot adding a 5L lol

New BIS item for every build in the game.. not sure thats a good way to go.

Nah, not with the direction these elder and shaped items are heading. Ignoring the weapons (which would be hugely painful to roll with good support gem affixes while also getting good weapon stats), it looks like it'll be reasonably possible to get 6l's out of rare helms or gloves while still getting other stats on said rares (even if the other stats might not be amazing without great investment).

The biggest concern would be the socket real estate, saving you 4 tangible gem sockets in getting that 5l, but tbh I wouldn't really consider that a big balance issue. Fair trade for losing all the stat potential from that ring slot, and I for one am pretty alright with having more effective sockets available to characters... as long as the max potential doesn't go too far above 6L or psuedo-7L, it's not upping power levels, just upping flexibility and variety and depth.

Last edited by Shppy on Nov 16, 2017, 8:08:28 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:

Mmm ... not really.

My shit RNG combined with limited play time means I pick everything up for the chaos recipe. This means these yellow items are now almost required for me to ID - which may just screw me over royally.

If these shapers/elder maps are gated behind real endgame content though it wont make a dman of difference.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
I also think, that the support mods won't be random mods and that they won't go over 6L. It will require special circumstances if it's craftable by players at all, and most importantly, just as the ring demonstrates, it will consume existing leveled gems. I don't think random chaos rerolling will get you a GG 6L wand. Either items are found or crafted at high cost (and leveled gem prices will go up significantly), but you won't get lucky with a chaos or an alchemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info