Shaped and Elder Items...

I suspect these shaped/elder affix-supports are going to have predetermined sets. Like the elder sword shown has Chance to Bleed, Ruthless and Melee Splash. Those 3 together are a set that can roll on melee weapons.
Well i kinda feel bad for those who spent 5ex for Tempest Binding Mask
"
HecatesLover wrote:
I suspect these shaped/elder affix-supports are going to have predetermined sets. Like the elder sword shown has Chance to Bleed, Ruthless and Melee Splash. Those 3 together are a set that can roll on melee weapons.

That could be the case. But it could also be completely random - and that would make getting an awesome weapon very hard. Remember how hard/impossible was getting a gg Talisman?
Well, we don~t know. Could be that it's a single roll of three gems, but we don~t know which ones.
But going with GGG's usual affix mechanic, it's likely. There'd probably be several affixes with different gems, per item type, and it could then have rng based on the gem levels.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
will be drop restricted, but annul + et will create new crazy items in standard...
annul + slam in temp league still should be decent...

I like the rng behind this and besides for summoner, dps won't go up to much
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
will be drop restricted, but annul + et will create new crazy items in standard...

I did mention it on the first page, but I'm going for a build using three kinds of burning dot. With four 6L items I could make that four kinds and each dealing full damage, essentially causing an overall bonus of estimated 100%. It's a totem build though, so you're right about self cast at least.
"
"
Ceratoidei wrote:

I did mention it on the first page, but I'm going for a build using three kinds of burning dot. With four 6L items I could make that four kinds and each dealing full damage, essentially causing an overall bonus of estimated 100%. It's a totem build though, so you're right about self cast at least.

sounds like in terms of clear speed you won't win anything, or am I wrong?

Maybe you can handle bosses a bit better
people are speculating, and it seems reasonable, that the supports are tied to some of the affixes on the items. the sword has chance to bleed + supported by chance to bleed, stun threshold + supported by ruthless, increased aoe + supported by melee splash. The gloves have cast speed + supported by faster casting, proj damage + supported by slower projectiles, the hat has effect of chill + hypothermia and 1 additional mine + supported by remote mine.

So its quite possible theyre just random affixes as per usual and theyre hybrid mods with the corresponding themed support gem. I would expect they can be crafted, i think they mentioned that? Im not sure if they even drop yellow or if they just come white and you have to craft them?

not sure what rules they follow, one would presume only 2 supports on a 4 link and 3 on a 6 link? The gloves would seem to have a prefix matched with a support and a suffix matched with one, where the sword has 3 suffix supports and the hat has 2 suffix supports. Are we to presume that pattern holds? or that you can get prefix hybrid supports on the hat and weapon too? If so how does that work modpool wise, in terms of 'if you get this affix you cant get that affix because theyre part of the same pool to prevent them both spawning on the same item'?

I would presume off the top of my head that the gloves have one prefix and one suffix that each can roll from a pool of mods that come with supports, the hats have 2 suffix slots that can roll with supports, and that this is a fixed thing on these slots but i may be wrong.

If that holds true does a weapon with attack speed, crit chance and crit damage suffixes come with supported by faster attacks, crit strikes and crit damage? One can only presume getting a resist on a weapon does not have a corresponding support? Or maybe it does? ele pen of that element? This sort of thing could be really cool with say a +3 gems sceptre right? +3 fire gems + a fire damage prefix, then the burning suffix, the fire resist suffix etc?

Itll be interesting to find out whats up with rolling these things.
Interesting observation. Didn't think about it in that light. That could indeed be a potential angle of approach.
Though I still doubt a 2h weapon will get more than one of those.
Skill gem levels have always been limited, I haven't yet seen, say, a staff with 2x +2 gem levels to different elements.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
ya those are in a mod pool together right?

+ cold gems, fire gems, lightning gems, chaos gems, melee gems, I think theyre all part of 1 pool so if u hit 1 of them u cant get the others. +1 all gems, paragons, thats a separate mod obviously. Its the same with spell damage and those new prefixes % fire damage, % lightning damage etc, and its also true of the adds #-# flat elemental damage to spells, you cant get added flat fire AND added flat lightning to spells at the same time.

Im presuming the gloves and hat are limited to 2 support gems in the same way. Getting them to line up might be mighty difficult, in the pic we can see armour gloves with cast speed and supported by faster cast, proj damage and supported by slower proj, so thats a spell and a projectile mod, blue and green aligned, on a red aligned item. One would think theres plenty of melee supports also able to roll on them and presumably also able to roll on int and dex gloves, so probably a chance to get cast speed with faster casting and melee damage with melee physical support on the same item? Knowing ggg Id imagine the possibility to get completely useless pairings have been left in for a number of good reasons and a few trolly ones too.

the chest doesnt have any additional supports, that might suggest that 6L slots cant roll supports at all. Hard to think what could be special on them tbh, maybe something like being able to roll life on 2h weapons? perhaps defenses like flat armour, es, evasion, % defenses, % regen?

Theres no supports on the boots shown either. Could be the roll but could also be just not on that slot. Theres a lot of unique hats and gloves with inbuilt supports I guess, but not boots that I can think of, perhaps a continuation of that trend. You cant +1 gems a hat with a vaal orb, but you can on gloves, so Im guessing good caster supported gloves are gonna be a big thing for that +1 gems 6L.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info