Shaped and Elder Items...

"
Sinthetick wrote:
"
WanJiew wrote:
THE NEW RING THO OMG! does it gain the powers from the support gem it consuuuumes? :O

That's how I read it. You level up a support gem to 20, and it becomes an affix. Interesting.

Minion Life, Speed and Resistance fed in and you have a Ring of Instant Golems.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I really can't imagine what their goals were when they made these items.
Great, the item system was still not messy enough, with its over 9000 uniques, and its numerous competing rare affixes that come from a multitude of messy loot and crafting systems (some being compatible, others not).
Dammit, even WotC understands that it needs to keep its complexity at a reasonable level, and they have crap like this.
The way I read that new hungry ring is it comes with CWDT lvl 20, with a support gem socketed, when it reaches level 20 while socketed the ring consumes it. Once it has consumed 3 more SUPPORT gems, you then socket in your active skill gem. So it is essentially a 5L ring (CWDT + support + support + support + active gem)

This ring will be used very interestingly I think...
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I really can't imagine what their goals were when they made these items.

More craziness, more build diversity if you can get the right skill rolls. A lot more grinding and rolling to get optimal gear (think Lab enchants +crafting simultaneously, unless these are implicit mods). The value of Chaos orbs should go through the roof, if they are what it takes to reroll these.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I just wonder if you can reroll the color of that ring socket after it has consumed a gem, or if it can only support one color?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
Sinthetick wrote:
"
WanJiew wrote:
THE NEW RING THO OMG! does it gain the powers from the support gem it consuuuumes? :O

That's how I read it. You level up a support gem to 20, and it becomes an affix. Interesting.

Minion Life, Speed and Resistance fed in and you have a Ring of Instant Golems.

Cat/Pet shaped golem MTXs could make that amusing.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
I just wonder if you can reroll the color of that ring socket after it has consumed a gem, or if it can only support one color?

I beleive you would have to be able to reroll the color to make proper use of it.
Wow!

The first thing that came to my mind was "Poor guys who crafted mirror items...." ... then "Poor dudes who payed 1 mirror and 100 ex for an item that might soon be mid tear".

Well. This changes a lot.

Having the option for 6L heads, gloves, boots...or even a 5L ring (wtf?).... this is like breaking the game as we know it.

So far, GGG has done a good job "protecting" gear. Now I feel this is like a WoW upgrade from lvl 60 to 70. Or a Diablo3 upgrade from legendary to ancient.

I am personally happy about this - I play PoE to improve my characters and improve my gear. I really do love the idea to be able to change all my gear on my characters in the future for something better.
On the other hand, I feel a little sad that my most precious stuff won´t be as good as before. Well - here we go! That´s PoE. Rough and nasty, but also always rewarding.

I look forward to it - so far.
6+ links on 1h items, 7+ links on gloves-helmets etc. + if we take into account certain ascendancies...we get even more links there? :P

I feel sad for all those Unique Item designers :P

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
We'll have to see how this shakes out. They might have just put the most OP items for post.

This could be like talisman where 99% of the shit that drops is trash... in which case it won't be that big of a deal.

Who knows? All I know is that it seems like most "normal" rares instantly become overlooked on poe trade since it ins't and elder/shaper rare.

Seems very fucking weird. Any rares you find in a normal map will just be whatever...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info