Monster Density in Maps

I love it ... now if only I could sell my helm enchants from within the lab ...
"
xplazzlox wrote:
So this means that if i run 4 strand for example and at the same time run let's say 1 cells i get the same outcome at least in exp, right?
but i had to chisle/alch/sextant 4 maps ...

Also builds that can run these ''bad layouts'' fast and easy will be the new meta then

It dosnt feel like this is the answer but it will definitely change thing up if that is how it's going to work

I have had to read through several pages to find someone that actually understood what the changes meant. THANK YOU.

Everyone is whining about how bad normalizing is, but this means, you can either do easier layouts that are more expensive or worse layouts that might be more annoying.

First change might promote diversity, second change motivates people to run alched maps and all.

Dear people who will never be pleased: This is a buff.
nice
"
Stealthe wrote:
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Great news, but what about the bosses? There's still not worth fighting for anything beyond the Atlas. I'm sorry if I am coming on as overly critical, but here is my perspective:

Suppose I did a map like Wasteland, cleared the majority of monsters earning 10% exp to the next level. Now I fight the boss and I die twice, but eventually I manage to slay the boss. Now the boss has dropped all rares and a tier 8 map. I also gained 2% exp. At the end of fighting the boss, I've made a net total of -18% exp and possibly earned 2-3 orbs of alteration.

The next step in the conversion process would be from exp into chaos. To regain the remaining 18%, I might need to run either 2 more maps of a similar tier (2-3 chaos) or possibly 1-2 Untainted Paradises for about 4 chaos each.

So at the end of killing the boss, I actually lost a significant amount of exp and don't even have anything to show for it. Maps are meant to be used; no question about that, but the boss only provided about 20% exp of the map so I don't even have the incentive to go after the boss. Then in terms of profit, all I earned was some orbs of alteration.

So at the end of everything, I lost out big time for making the decision to go after the boss particularly on exp.

I'm not sure what a good solution would honestly be, but I think having a guaranteed drop of 2 maps of the same tier at least and much higher boss exp would go a long way towards solving this problem.

The reward for killing bosses Is actually pretty big.They can drop higher tier maps than the rest of the map.If you do maps and don't kill the bosses sustaining higher tier maps is alot more unlikely.And if your dying on the bosses then your probably one of those guys who acts like dps is all that matters and defense is just extra credit.In that case it would be better for the game to let you continue to die on every boss than for GGG to change the game for everyone to fit your unbalanced build

If I was the only one having these issues, I would agree. However, I have seen a lot of other threads related to the new health of the bosses. As for your comment on focusing on dps, for my last few builds I actually got a decent amount of life on the tree and ended up with around 5.5k life. Half the time I kill bosses, I only end up with pure rares with maybe 1-2 maps which are 2-3 tiers below the current map. Ever since bosses got double their previous health, there's not really much motivation to even try killing them in maps like Palace,Residence, Orchard, Plaza.

I get 1-2 maps typically just from mobs for sustainability. Besides for safety reasons, it actually makes more sense to buy better maps.

Not all maps are that bad, but some of the specific ones I mentioned are pretty awful.
Alot of great questions, I'm sure GGG will come forward (hopefully sooner rather than later) to answer at least a couple of the most asked ones, like xp and drop rates, strands, tileset layout bonus (like the Doc), etc...

Great Builds [3.1] Used By Me or Guild Mates:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250/page/1
Check out Engineering Eternity on YT - no B.S. right to the point reference videos, and more! Good Stuff...
Great job guys!
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
"
Stealthe wrote:
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Great news, but what about the bosses? There's still not worth fighting for anything beyond the Atlas. I'm sorry if I am coming on as overly critical, but here is my perspective:

Suppose I did a map like Wasteland, cleared the majority of monsters earning 10% exp to the next level. Now I fight the boss and I die twice, but eventually I manage to slay the boss. Now the boss has dropped all rares and a tier 8 map. I also gained 2% exp. At the end of fighting the boss, I've made a net total of -18% exp and possibly earned 2-3 orbs of alteration.

The next step in the conversion process would be from exp into chaos. To regain the remaining 18%, I might need to run either 2 more maps of a similar tier (2-3 chaos) or possibly 1-2 Untainted Paradises for about 4 chaos each.

So at the end of killing the boss, I actually lost a significant amount of exp and don't even have anything to show for it. Maps are meant to be used; no question about that, but the boss only provided about 20% exp of the map so I don't even have the incentive to go after the boss. Then in terms of profit, all I earned was some orbs of alteration.

So at the end of everything, I lost out big time for making the decision to go after the boss particularly on exp.

I'm not sure what a good solution would honestly be, but I think having a guaranteed drop of 2 maps of the same tier at least and much higher boss exp would go a long way towards solving this problem.

The reward for killing bosses Is actually pretty big.They can drop higher tier maps than the rest of the map.If you do maps and don't kill the bosses sustaining higher tier maps is alot more unlikely.And if your dying on the bosses then your probably one of those guys who acts like dps is all that matters and defense is just extra credit.In that case it would be better for the game to let you continue to die on every boss than for GGG to change the game for everyone to fit your unbalanced build

If I was the only one having these issues, I would agree. However, I have seen a lot of other threads related to the new health of the bosses. As for your comment on focusing on dps, for my last few builds I actually got a decent amount of life on the tree and ended up with around 5.5k life. Half the time I kill bosses, I only end up with pure rares with maybe 1-2 maps which are 2-3 tiers below the current map. Ever since bosses got double their previous health, there's not really much motivation to even try killing them in maps like Palace,Residence, Orchard, Plaza.

I get 1-2 maps typically just from mobs for sustainability. Besides for safety reasons, it actually makes more sense to buy better maps.

Not all maps are that bad, but some of the specific ones I mentioned are pretty awful.

The problem I see are the chaos poor players who can't afford to equip the "good" gear. That has been my experience with bosses in a dps Raider type build - Just not enough life nodes as opposed to other tankier builds. I like the DPS playstyle but without the gear to back it up the build is unbalanced and forces you to maybe play a build and use builds you may not totally like but have to play because your under-equipped Raider build does great CC but 1v1 is a possible nightmare, so I can sympahize with players who feel the same way. I don't want to get into playing a "cookie cutter" build because it's OP - I wanna play the style I want but also have -some- tankieness to have a chance with the bosses.

Anyway, as a player who just grasping all the advanced concepts (about a year into the game) now I don't know if there's a solution (besides getter better gear, i.e. more currency) but just wanted to agree with others who feel the same way.

Thanks GGG for keeping PoE fresh!
Great Builds [3.1] Used By Me or Guild Mates:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250/page/1
Check out Engineering Eternity on YT - no B.S. right to the point reference videos, and more! Good Stuff...
"
Danjf wrote:

The problem I see are the chaos poor players who can't afford to equip the "good" gear. That has been my experience with bosses in a dps Raider type build - Just not enough life nodes as opposed to other tankier builds. I like the DPS playstyle but without the gear to back it up the build is unbalanced and forces you to maybe play a build and use builds you may not totally like but have to play because your under-equipped Raider build does great CC but 1v1 is a possible nightmare, so I can sympahize with players who feel the same way. I don't want to get into playing a "cookie cutter" build because it's OP - I wanna play the style I want but also have -some- tankieness to have a chance with the bosses.

Anyway, as a player who just grasping all the advanced concepts (about a year into the game) now I don't know if there's a solution (besides getter better gear, i.e. more currency) but just wanted to agree with others who feel the same way.

Thanks GGG for keeping PoE fresh!

This game shouldn't be easy unless you invest in t1 end game gear. That's the whole point. Who would want to farm currency/bosses if a 1ex build can crush everything?

Then there would be no incentive to play the game. The "noobs" have to learn to play the game like everyone else had to learn it. It's not that complicated and hard. It only takes about two Leagues to really understand the game.
Last edited by ffoD on Nov 14, 2017, 7:42:41 AM
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
GGG's ability to listen to the community is unmatched. I have never seen another game creator so dedicated to their player base.

Don't get too excited yet cowboy. GGG never gives away anything in this game worthwhile.

My guess is that they take away something fundamental and screw it up even worse until the backlash occurs.

This is awesome! Thanks, GGG.

...from a non-meta, non-speed player
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 14, 2017, 8:10:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info