Monster Density in Maps

Interesting change but a bit vague info IMO.
I've been thinking about some changes that would make running backtracking maps more interesting: choke-point-based events.
As far as I can tell, all labyrinthine maps have choke points. You could configure the system to drop difficult packs and things such as breaches and strongboxes there, in such a way that it makes clearing them more difficult and more rewarding too. A pack of 15 regulars and 1 rare is no challenge, but a pack of 30 regulars and 5 rare would be a lot more interesting to face.

Linking those maps to wanted cards would not make maps more interesting to play, but rather force the player into playing them against their will. Not the way I'd design things around but what do I know...
so, lets say a shaped strand takes 2min, and it will yield 2mill exp at 9x level.
torture chamber is the same tier, but it takes lets say, 10min. if so, that map should yield 10 mill exp at the same level, because it takes 5* more time?
making every map linear isnt possible i guess, cells has to have separate rooms (=cells) for example.
Last edited by Talkii on Nov 14, 2017, 2:39:53 AM
Cool cool!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I like what you've got! Good Job!
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Thanks
Definitely a step in the right direction.

Thus far crappy mods on maps have mostly given additional IIR and IIQ. This created an artificial disconnect between efficient leveling and efficient item finding: Pick one or the other, but not both. A very unfun disconnect, if you ask me, since those seeking experience would be punished for taking certain challenging mods (they slowed down the map clearspeed).

I'm glad you are thinking about these issues. Please continue to do so.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Something tells me that there will be hoards of creeps.
If I understand correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), then that implies that maps like Cells will have twice the amount of monsters or simply be a lot smaller compared to for example Strand. Does that imply that it also has more map returns, is more efficient to sextant and map craft?

edit: bad example, Strand already got nerfed, but replace it with for example tropical island.
Last edited by indrkl on Nov 14, 2017, 3:38:14 AM
Just wondering arent large slow maps getting way more pack's so map returns will increase, you will need to roll less maps for same amount of mobs? So lower input from chisels and alch's?
I would like exp/hour to still be higher in fast maps but total currenty/item gain lower then slow maps.
yaay more density :O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info