Monster Density in Maps

nice
"
Sfp4 wrote:
My primary concern has always been counter balancing bad layouts vs good layouts so that if you were to end up running a crematorium instead you wouldnt feel as punished as you would if you didnt instead just sell 10 x cremas for 30 chaos then spend 30 chaos on 5 shaped strands.

In my opinion all layouts should provide equal experience per hour, let the player pick and choose what they enjoy running most and do so.

This.

This has been an issue for sooooooo long, and I'm sure GGG has been struggling with balancing this as well, hopefully we will soon a solution, but it really isn't that easy.

I would like to see an incentive to run maps like Dungeon or Cells.

Maybe add some rare expensive localised loot or give each map a BASE pack size that is increased by mods, for example:

Dunes base pack size is 1-2% which is increased by map mods
Cells base pack size is 5-6% which is increased by map mods

So same exact mods on BOTH map types yield different pack size values overall.

Obviously don't just add the base pack size to the map mods one, it should be multiplied in some way (maths) that would be balanced overall.
Last edited by lsdlsdlsd on Nov 14, 2017, 4:13:18 AM
Imo its really hard to balance maps for everyone.

I guess many people really run maps for xp and loot is a nice addition. But I enjoy killing bosses the most and get some good loot, xp is a nice addition. I dont want all my chars to hit lvl 100 asap, I'm fine when they are mid 80 and can do all the endgame bosses (guardians, shaper, uber atziri). But indeed, yes I did run the more linear maps a lot, not because they gave more xp in the same time, but because I could finish them faster and get to the boss. And who doesnt like to clear a whole screen of mobs with just a few casts/attacks!? It just feels more satisfiying than going from room to room and kill only a single mob.

So yes, for the majority normalising the xp/h is fine, but I still dont think it will make non-linear maps more enjoyable (if thats even possible, regarding the fact i stated above). A better item-pool of drops for those maps is imo the better way to do it and then again WITH a drawback in xp/h, because if they'd yield the same xp AND better loot, why would you bother runnig the linear maps then (except for some fun fullscreen clears)?
"
Sfp4 wrote:
In my opinion all layouts should provide equal experience per hour, let the player pick and choose what they enjoy running most and do so.

This is all i want.
(although making all maps like Beach,strand,channel,mesa,gorge and Atoll would relieve my problem aswell. I REALLY dislike backtracking)
Great !
Really hope this isn't going to turn every map into basically Breach. The wall-to-wall one click blows up a hundred monsters thing is interesting for about two seconds. At best.
Finally I killed Shaper!! Thanks for awesome minion build. :))
WHEN the command "/effects", swithcing VFX on and off do appear?
Great, one more reason not to run the same map all the time. Unfortunately there's still sextanting that forces you to do just that.
About Time. It's Stupidly Annoyin' Runnin' 5 Hrs/Day T16's And Earnin's Almost Nothin Above 96. P:
Dark Are The Veils Of Death...!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info