Monster Density in Maps

Whoop whoop sounds like a good change ggg! ^^
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Secondly, we have rebalanced the map mods so that every rollable mod now grants a pack size bonus. A random rare map in 3.1.0 has more monster density than one from 3.0.0. This also improves the rewards for running corrupted maps.

That should be good.
I wonder if I am the only one worrying about trigger Uniques from the Beyond all the time on Rare maps with increased monster density.

I noticed it said that a random rare map in 3.1 has more monster density then in 3.0. Reading between the lines I would then assume that comparing magic 3.1 to magic 3.0 they would be comparable. Also in normal 3.1 to normal 3.0, there would be less monsters overall.
This is such a complex topic. I welcome the sentiment of creating balance. We'll never reach a state in which every map per tier (or even overall) would be run the same amount of times though.

If cost and reward are the same, people will run the best layout.
If either vary, people will run the cheaper or more rewarding map.

I doubt, one can measure a map's quality by it's potential xp/hour because builds vary a lot. If they make Cells give as much xp as Dunes for a Summoner build, a regular "self-killing" build should be way faster in Cells.

I would try to look at the good maps, analyze why they're good and buff the bad maps until they gain equal or higher popularity.

So for t6 we have 3 contenders, which is a lot: Strand, Spider Forest and Racecourse.
Strand has the best layout (for most builds) and features 2 bosses.
Racecourse has a good layout (if you know to run it like an 8) and 3 bosses.
Spider Forest has the Doctor.

Canyon is slightly worse than both Strand and Racecourse for the 2 bosses can be dangerous. That's enough of a reason to not shape it. How to fix this? Nerf the bosses? Still worse than Racecourse. Add the Doctor card? Well, lol, obvious overfix. Grant more xp for the time spent as compensation for the higher challenge? Maybe. Move around maps to allow for more sextants? Not easy.

And how to tackle the remaining t6 maps?

What about t7? Those maps are so bad people don't even shape one and rather run the Vault with its drawback of dropping unwanted t11 and t13s.

What about regular t11? How could they ever compete with a shaped t6 map? That can only work if the previously unwanted adjacent maps aren't bad drops per se.

So, I doubt we'll reach perfection anytime soon but I'd welcome a meta change if that incentivizes me to run fun maps. I'd rather keep this meta than get a Cells meta. Ideally different maps would be good for different builds. And I like to have options.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I wanted to post this before Thursday's 3.1.0 expansion announcement, as it's not specifically mentioned in our marketing materials but is an important change.

Many players expressed concern with monster density in 3.0.0. We have addressed this in 3.1.0 in two ways:

Firstly, rather than trying to normalise the amount of total experience that each map is worth, we are now trying to normalise the total experience per hour of running that map. In order to do this, we have improved our designer tools significantly so that they have more control over the player experience in maps of different sizes. We have rebalanced every map in Path of Exile and performed extensive experience-per-hour testing. We have worked on reducing how often unlucky outcomes with low density can occur. There shouldn't be any maps that feel underpopulated anymore.

Secondly, we have rebalanced the map mods so that every rollable mod now grants a pack size bonus. A random rare map in 3.1.0 has more monster density than one from 3.0.0. This also improves the rewards for running corrupted maps.

Together, these changes should address the community's monster density concerns. As always, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to talking in more detail about this expansion on Thursday (Pacific Time).

Sounds intresting but i will follow it carefully.
Remepmber nerfing the fun in a game is forcing to quit !

the bigest Problem are those Players who reach thier Goals to be 100 .. but let em ..
leveling is part of a game.
makeing lvl 100 next char is simple concept of fun.
A Player with fun continous plaing so i hope this will improve the destroyed expirience and Drops. it is up to you how Long your community is playing the game.

i mean look to d3 :)

destroyed with millions of damage and Billion of impossible lifepools.
just a joke.
I played it for months then i quit and deinstalled

And i hope it is a buff not again a nerf.
Nerfs games causes nerf community.
fun games will be played to death!

So thanks for the News and continue.

If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
This does sound great and I really hope that you will get it right this time. ;)
Of course in general not all builds want to play all maps, but it would be nice if those builds which aren't completely about superior clearspeed would have some maps that they could excel in.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
WOW
If Malformation or Crematorium could be adjusted so one would not feel punished for playing them, that would be great. It is the wideness of experience that PoE provides, and having maps that most people never touch is limiting.
Excellent change, by the people for the people.
Thank you GGG
cant wait...
may the rarity drop be with us....
FeelBetterMan
So more reward for tanky builds, less rippy nonsense, less wasted currency. Nice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info