Daily Deal Feedback

I've checked the daily deals often and waited for the infernal wings. The one day I did not check they of course were in a special offer. Now I know I have to wait two months for it to appear again, but guess what? I won't play in two months. I play a month at most and then come back in 1-2 years. So for me 35$ is way to much for a cosmetic transaction but waiting two months for a deal wont happen as well.

So the existence of the deals reminds me how I won't play forever and prevents me from spending.
How often do you check the daily deals?
Whenever i check out web page.

Do you feel that Daily Deals are accessible enough?
Yes.

Do you use the Watchlist feature?
Never heard of it.

Do you prefer sales based on theme or microtransaction type?
Type.

What percentage of your microtransaction purchases would you estimates are made because of daily deals?
90% (All of them me thinks)

Are there any features that you would like to see added to how Daily Deals work?
No. But i would love dressing room preview.
"
What percentage of your microtransaction purchases would you estimates are made because of daily deals?
Are there any features that you would like to see added to how Daily Deals work?

I check whenever I play. Sometimes 1/day, sometimes 1-3/week.

Not sure what you mean by 'accessible enough'. They're on the website and in the game, so I guess they're easy enough to access. Not sure how you would improve on this area.

Sometimes. But I don't always check my email, so there are plenty of days where I miss the watchlist notification.

No preference.

Probably 90-95% are because of daily deals. To me, some of the prices of some mtx are just absurd and the only thing that comes close to that are weak discounts of less than 40% or so, especially for uber overpriced items like armor sets, weapon skins, etc.

Yeah,

1) Add something where we can preview how an mtx would look on our characters while in hideout or how decorations would look in hideouts.

2) Sell individual items in sets when sets are sold. Offer extra discounts when purchasing remaining parts of sets--like if you have one piece of a set, get an extra 15% discount on another piece of that same set, if you have two pieces then get an extra 25% discount, etc., etc. This doesn't have to be exclusive to armor sets but could be sets of the same 'type'--like if I get the purple portal, I could then get a 15% discount on the purple arc mtx or purple footprints or whatever; if I get the gore weapon effect and gore portal, then give me a 25% discount on the gore skull.

3) Offer a 24 hour refund period. If someone buys something, gets buyers' remorse or whatever (maybe his wife says to get back the money, whatever), then allow a refund of points and only in that 24 hour window.

4) If an offer is on the screen when the deal changes for the next day, honor the deal that was on the screen instead of going back to the full price. This happened to me once and cost me an extra 60+ points for what I thought I was getting.

5) If a chest gives a duplicate mtx offer instead to refund 50% of the points that getting the chest cost. There is very little that is more useless than getting duplicate portal effects, duplicate footprints, etc. I understand some duplicates could be useful but most aren't and at least recouping some of the lost (wasted) points would ease that pain. Yes, I understand chests are random chance (I live in Las Vegas, so I'm very familiar with gambling), but this is a game and games are supposed to be fun and exciting and nothing kills that excitement faster than the feeling that you just wasted points on a chest or some other offer.

6) If someone has incomplete sets or themed items (gore, purple, etc.), increase the chances of them getting one of the items needed to complete their set.

7) Have a "Retro Wednesday" sale or something once in a while where mtx from WAY back in the early days of the game are on sale. You guys had some really cool looking stuff early on and recently a lot of mtx coming out aren't original at all and are just color-swapped items.

8) Personalize deals, like maybe 1-2 times a month make sure that items on a person's watchlist are put on sale. Or email a code maybe 1/month or so giving a one time discount of (10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, or 50% off) of any one item on a character's watchlist. This isn't difficult to make happen. Pizza Hut, for example, sends out multiple emails each month offering a 10-50% discount on a person's next online order.

9) Offer better discounts. IMO armor set prices (around 420 points or so) is just ridiculous. I get that you want people to support the game, but $42 just to change how a character's armor looks is silly. Its hard for me to not scoff or laugh at any mtx being more than maybe 200 points. That's the cost (or more than the cost) of a new game.

10) Layaway. Let people make incremental payments on mtx they want. They can pay any amount in points (minimum of like 10%) and every 30 days must make another payment (or they lose the item and the points they've spent on it). A variant of this is to offer a "line of credit" to people that have stored their payment method on file with you guys, and every 30 days their card or account is charged for the points they have 'charged'.

11) Allow players to swap, but not sell, mtx with other players. Someone may be tired of or turn out to not like a particular mtx. Swapping allows them to find another player that may want what they have and mitigates player dissatisfaction and avoids any desire for them to even think of asking for a refund of points. Along with this, allow players to give an mtx to another player as a gift, if they don't want a swap or if they just want to give someone a present. This could be done by either the trade function, or by depositing the mtx in a guild stash or specifically the stash in the other person's hideout.

12) Extended deals. Its easy for someone to miss a daily deal. If someone hasn't logged onto the game in more than 24 hours, then when they log in, offer them the deals they have missed but reduce the discount by half on that deal.

13) Offer "tiered" deals, like either a discount of 15%-25%, 30%-45%, and 50%-75%. I don't mean different for each person, but different each time an item comes up for the daily deals. First time, maybe it gets the "second tier" with a discount of 30%-45%--if it comes back up for sale (for whatever reason) within the next 90 days, then maybe it gets only the 15%-25% discount, and if it comes up again in the next 150 days then it gets the 50%-75% discount (or in whatever order you want). An example would be like Gloom Boots come up for sale as part of an armor set, but maybe a month or so later, it comes up again as part of a Gloom theme.

That's a lot to consider, but the longer I sit here thinking about this, the more ideas come to mind.
We would love to get your feedback on the following queries:
- weekly, up to daily
- yes
- yes
- doesn't matter much
- 80%
- I think its good now. Please focus on core game development like resolving rare crashes or improving movement skills interaction with small obstacles.
I feel like it's great. But maybe putting out a table for what's going on sale each month would be nice.

League of Legends does that exact thing and it lets people pre-plan when they're gonna buy what they want.

If I knew what thing I wanted and when it was going on sale, I'd totally put a reminder on my phone to hop in and grab it.
yes
Almost daily

With the new daily deal system, yes!

Sometimes, depending on the MTX.

It really depends, I like it that you guys doing a sale on themed mtxes for ppl who dont know all the mtx. The microtransaction focus is good aswell (auras, projectiles, etc)

75%+

Yep, if you are logged in please show us how many MTX we already have from certain mtx and please let us preview the mtx in our hideout on our chars!
-everyday

-yes no issues

-yes

-Both I think would be nice. Also, if you could split up the armor MTX's when they are on sale that would be nice. For instance I just want the Gore Chest Piece for the blood effect but with the current system it just does the entire armor set, not individual pieces. (it should allow for the set purchase OR individual pieces)

-100% I will wait months if i have to. I dont have that much disposable income at the moment so if I'm going to buy something (which i have several hundred $$$ invested in MTX's already) it will be on sale.

-As mentioned above splitting the armor sets into their respective pieces as well as the whole set would make me more likely to buy the pieces that I like. Also, having bonus mystery boxes given at MTX thresholds might be a good incentive for people to buy more and a nice thank you from GGG to the customers.

Almost every day when i go to your website.

To be honest not enough. Some sales are too low about 20-30% as for me some items still quite expensive even during sale.

Yeah sometimes.

I think type because there are not so many theme sets, and some sets have many items some not enoug.

More than 70% i guess, my stash tabs and other stuff i bought because of deals or free mystery box+deals, w/o deals i bought only Raven Raging Spirit.

I guess you can try run some sets with themes. Besides i think it would be really nice to add ingame mtx market like in steam or even in steam, because many ppl got doubled mtx or not needed mtx from mystery boxes and its like waste of money and very frustrating and it would be really nice to add same feasute as in dota 2/csgo and it is better for everyone. For players who wants to buy item cheaper, for players who wants to get rid of not needed or not using mtxs and ofcourse for GGG because of all % from transactions in market.
Aaaaand yes pls add more colours versions of items like you did with cloaks, its not so hard to just change colour gamma in 3d imprint of item but youll get more income from sellers, because as for me i saw really good items with really nice shape and pattern but i didnt buy it because of colour,
Thank you for your time!
Last edited by AlexFulgor on Sep 19, 2017, 3:14:42 AM

Every day.

Sure it is.

OFC!

Mtx type.

Usually i buy every 2 month anything

Well i dont know :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info