[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

Switching over all my gear and passive to this tonight. Very excited. Any videos of it in action?
people looking for more survivability can try going for RT, dropping EL(yes i know it's a good damage boost) which frees about 6 points and Lycosidae. More life, more armour and 250 life on block with inbuilt reckoning which gives us a pseudo 4 link to generate endurance charges and higher damage = more leech. You should drop meginords at a higher level as well.
One thing I figured out in the first night of past is you need some heavy heavy res rings and belt. Can you link the changes in your tree? What's the dps difference?
hey i just noticed we dont use strong arm its kinda good and its 4 points away!
Hey I got about 18 exalted orbs and its pretty much the most I've ever made in this game. I was wondering if I can at least begin farming uber lab with the amount I have, because I just couldnt stand playing my wander anymore and sold everything. I just can't really visualize the money I have in priority-base thinking to know if it's enough or not to beging playing. I have a lvl 90 marauder just waiting for it.

I want a build that can really stomp end game bosses (never even killed a guardian) and all builds my friends recommend me are just fast map clearing builds.

Last edited by mtncbs on Sep 13, 2017, 10:37:32 PM
Firstly, thanks a lot for the build. Great fun to play. Think i might try to push 100 on this build. Clear speed leaves a little to be desired, but pretty much all around solid build that can do all content effectively. Lab is a little bit tricky since Berserker is no fun in the traps but everything else melts.

"
Barfelonous wrote:
One thing I figured out in the first night of past is you need some heavy heavy res rings and belt. Can you link the changes in your tree? What's the dps difference?

Not really, i don't think the gloves are actually that fantastic. You can drop them safely for some high str/high life double res gloves. If you manage to get those stats on Spiked gloves you might even completely outweigh the strength gain from the Meginord.

Also, the helm, while nice can also be replaced with a dual res/life helm. I've face tank/zerged every end game encounter without the helm/gloves.

IGN: PaulQTBYY // MFtotemsyo
"
hikaru259 wrote:
Hi, i'm using sunder for mapping, so should i swap Element focus sup for another gem because it's "unable to apply elemental status ailments" that makes me lose damage boost from the taming ring. Is that right? Can you explain for me and give recommendation for another gem. Thank you
During mapping, you should have so much damage it doesn't matter, if you really want you could just swap out for inc AoE so mapping is a little bit faster.

"
can't believe people are running around with sub 6k life with this build. i get 8k+ without the scion life wheel 5% nodes or belly.

the unique strength glove is entirely terrible, and the black sun helmet is not that good either.
Is the 8K HP enough to not get 1 shot by Shaper slam?
But yes, you can easily switch up some gear for better results. What I like about the gloves is that they're so cheap that you can spam buy and vaal them to get good corruptions like Elemental weakness or +1 gems for more damage. But at the same time if you need resistances you can replace the gloves easily.

With the Helmet, because it's so hard to get the +3 proj, I agree that it's also easily replaceable with a rare and you can get resistances. But once again, getting a +15% str on Black sun is cheap and easy to start out with.
Overall, I agree that rares can easily replace the uniques if you want to spend a bit more or need more res.

"
Shekil wrote:
Hello,

I start the season with a raider Frost blades and was frustrated to not be able to kill shaper "easily".

Then i find ur build, decided to reroll and i kill shaper at lvl 87. It's not a cheap build, it's really expensive but at least it keeps its promises so i just wanted to thanks u for this build.

For those who want to know my gear u can inspect my character profile.
Awesome to hear! Thanks for dropping a note in the thread.

"
Barfelonous wrote:
Switching over all my gear and passive to this tonight. Very excited. Any videos of it in action?
Sorry I don't have any videos.

"
[The Surrender Ezomyte Tower Shield] people looking for more survivability can try going for RT, dropping EL(yes i know it's a good damage boost) which frees about 6 points and Lycosidae. More life, more armour and 250 life on block with inbuilt reckoning which gives us a pseudo 4 link to generate endurance charges and higher damage = more leech. You should drop meginords at a higher level as well.
I think that if you're using that shield you're looking for a different build. This build just leech tanks everything except for 1 shot mechanics like Shaper slam. Dropping huge damage for something that doesn't fulfill any specific needs, I don't recommend.
I completely agree that dropping meginords at a higher level can be a good idea, it can really help fill out the res and more life.

"
Barfelonous wrote:
Yes, This is something that can be an issue, you can easily fix this issue by replacing either the helmet and/or the gloves to help alleviate that issue.
What changes to the tree are you talking about?

"
andrey476 wrote:
hey i just noticed we dont use strong arm its kinda good and its 4 points away!
For my 1st iteration I use to have it, after spending many hours working on the tree I find that there are better ways to spend the limited skill points. You only get about 1.7% more damage per skill point.

"
mtncbs wrote:
Hey I got about 18 exalted orbs and its pretty much the most I've ever made in this game. I was wondering if I can at least begin farming uber lab with the amount I have, because I just couldnt stand playing my wander anymore and sold everything. I just can't really visualize the money I have in priority-base thinking to know if it's enough or not to beging playing. I have a lvl 90 marauder just waiting for it.

I want a build that can really stomp end game bosses (never even killed a guardian) and all builds my friends recommend me are just fast map clearing builds.
You can easily start this build and face tanking Shaper/Guardians with 18ex. You don't need the Belly of the beast or Xoph's Amulet, just any 6L is good enough. Lots of good posters showing their rare gear is all you need to do it.
To give you an idea the 1st time I did Shaper on this build, I was using a tabular lol.
Also this build isn't good for farming lab because no regen or any good damage mitigation, it's all about right click and win on Shaper/guardian by pure damage and leeching it all back.

"
Paulyoo wrote:
Firstly, thanks a lot for the build. Great fun to play. Think i might try to push 100 on this build. Clear speed leaves a little to be desired, but pretty much all around solid build that can do all content effectively. Lab is a little bit tricky since Berserker is no fun in the traps but everything else melts.
You're very welcome!
I agree, I didn't bother with lab after the 1st time doing Uber on this character.
Thanks for the good tips for Barfelonous.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Sep 14, 2017, 5:51:29 AM
Started leveling this yesterday after I bought a BLS for 4 ex. Got to about level 30 and smooth so far, did lab early to get mana leech. Hopefully I can kill the shaper with this build for the very first time.

Xoph bloods price seems to be going up all the time and I really cant afford it atleast now. Maybe Ill try something like carnage heart before xoph blood? But I guess I should buy Xoph before taming atleast?

Also got a wanderer for mapping, but it dies always when the boss happens to look at it as I only got 5500hp.
fire dmg or attack speed? which one is better?
New PoB pastebin now includes item sets: https://pastebin.com/jhRamw9c
Edited the main post, the new PoB link now includes a bunch of item sets to give people more options on what they can do with different gear since so many people in the thread say they use rares.

"
muunisti wrote:
Started leveling this yesterday after I bought a BLS for 4 ex. Got to about level 30 and smooth so far, did lab early to get mana leech. Hopefully I can kill the shaper with this build for the very first time.

Xoph bloods price seems to be going up all the time and I really cant afford it atleast now. Maybe Ill try something like carnage heart before xoph blood? But I guess I should buy Xoph before taming atleast?

Also got a wanderer for mapping, but it dies always when the boss happens to look at it as I only got 5500hp.
I don't recommend carnage heart because any time you're on full HP you don't get the bonus damage while leeching.
Yea, I just had a look that's really surprising that the price of Xoph's went back up I would have thought it'd keep dropping in price since Zana 8 was more popular now and more people would have access to it.

The Taming isn't a necessity tbh, in fact I just updated my PoB to include cheaper options and replacements for things like Xoph's/The Taming on a budget.

I think if you can't afford the Xoph's just get an affordable rare amulet:
Spoiler
Stats you're looking for:
Prefix
#% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
# to maximum Life
Adds # to # Fire Damage to Attacks
Suffix
# to Strength
#% increased Fire Damage
#% to Chaos Resistance
#% to Cold Resistance
#% to Fire Resistance
#% to Lightning Resistance
#% increased Attack Speed
http://poe.trade/search/arikomenamiteh that's the search I used for amulets.
If you have enough resists from other gear, just try to get as much damage and life.

"
andrey476 wrote:
fire dmg or attack speed? which one is better?
I don't think there is a 'better' it's just whichever one you can get more of, they're both so good for the build.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Sep 14, 2017, 7:56:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info