[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

"
andrey476 wrote:
hey can i take resulut technique
and swap sheild for another brutus?
Nope, if you go RT you will lose out on the 40% MORE elemental damage from Elemental overload.
Also BLS do not stack in 3.0 which is why we can use shields now.

"
pyloniac wrote:
Got the taming which shocks enemies. So I changed Vaal lightning trap to Enhance 4. That gives me 6% additional attack speed (blood rage).
From what I understand even with The Taming you still need to do lightning damage to have a chance to shock.
I don't think we can shock Shaper without the Vaal Lightning trap.

"
UziArab wrote:
Any video showcasing this build?
No sorry.

"
zSavage wrote:
FYI, Iron Grip is a complete waste of a node.
I think you might have misread it:
Spoiler
"
Iron Grip is a keystone passive skill that applies the physical damage bonus from strength to projectile attacks as well as melee attacks.
And all the molten balls are projectiles so it does apply.

"
I have nearly the exact gear ironically enough, including xophs. Plays well, but how did you get 7k+ life? I'm capping at around 5600.

On another note, can anyone advise as to which is better? Fire pen as suggested OR Damage on Full Life. It gives almost 50% MORE damage and with this build I would say i'm at full life more than i'm not. Have been messing around with it and I seem to smash better but wondering if anyone can talk me back into using fire pen.

Cheers fellow brutus dudes.
As you level up you get more base life, so when you're level 90 you get about 6500+ life with the gear I had. At level 100 you'd have like 7k life.

I don't like damage on full HP that much since we take damage constantly even if we leech it all back a bunch, every few or every 2nd hit or something wouldn't be full HP (maybe?). TBH, I prefer the fire pen just because we are still a melee face tanking build.
Dedicated Kiwi~
For mapping we could swap the weakest support gem for onslaught support. Any other ideas to improve mapping speed?

Edit: Tested onslaught, its way faster for mapping. Took out fire pen.

Regarding shock: I think enchanting a ring with "adds x lightning dmg" wont be sufficient to break the 300ms shock treshold right? So ur right and the only way to trigger shock is with shocked ground.
Last edited by pyloniac on Sep 9, 2017, 7:26:39 AM
"
pyloniac wrote:
For mapping we could swap the weakest support gem for onslaught support. Any other ideas to improve mapping speed?

Regarding shock: I think enchanting a ring with "adds x lightning dmg" wont be sufficient to break the 300ms shock treshold right? So ur right and the only way to trigger shock is with shocked ground.
You have Avatar of Fire, you can't even do lightning damage (or physical, cold or chaos for that matter) lol
Dedicated Kiwi~
"
RenoFox wrote:
"
pyloniac wrote:

You have Avatar of Fire, you can't even do lightning damage (or physical, cold or chaos for that matter) lol

ah right xD nvm
Is it better to use two The Taming or just one?
"
RenoFox wrote:
"
pyloniac wrote:

Does the lightning dmg from our golem apply shock with the ring? :D
Last edited by pyloniac on Sep 9, 2017, 5:54:10 PM
CAN U TANK UBER IZARO?
Shouldnt we use Anger in the linked with empower?

I got this atm:

+1 Meginords: Lvl 26 anger, 25 Ancestral protector, 5 empower, 21 prolif
Helmet: 22 blasphemy, 5 enlighten, 22 flammability

Thoughts?
Last edited by pyloniac on Sep 9, 2017, 9:53:20 PM
"
RenoFox wrote:

"
zSavage wrote:
FYI, Iron Grip is a complete waste of a node.
I think you might have misread it:
"
Iron Grip is a keystone passive skill that applies the physical damage bonus from strength to projectile attacks as well as melee attacks.

And all the molten balls are projectiles so it does apply.

Yes, it does provide a slight bonus, to physical damage. So now your projectile attacks get 1% increased physical damage per 5 STR just like your melee attacks. Any DPS increase in PoB will be because of scaling the base physical damage of your weapon.

Lets say you had 1200 STR and a perfect roll (which is 116 pdps). 1200/5 = 240% increased physical damage. For the sake of simplicity, lets say this is a basic attack with the weapon. You're going from 116 pdps -> 394 pdps. (an increase of 278).

But with 1200 STR we have an additional 480 - 840 fire damage. At 1.44 APS this is 950.4 ele dps.
Getting 30% ele damage is better than iron grip here, as it will give you 285 dps.

The moral of the story is that while Iron Grip is a damage increase, it's not going to be as much as getting a good ele damage node, esp given the other scaling being done. When I did BLS back in 2.6 I avoided all the pathing to Iron Grip and ended up with a much better build overall. Iron Grip is a noob trap, IMO.

Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
ok so anger or herald of ash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info