Elemental Equilibrium

Correct. It's one buff, and each hit overwrites the old one, cancelling the old buff's effect.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 25, 2013, 11:20:35 AM
So if I understand correctly, reading the last few pages, which seem to indicate that the first few pages are not quite up to date:

- If I use spells, which do not add any other elemental damage to my output I may have on rings, and if I use spells such as Ice Spear, Firestorm, and Spark, which do only 1 type of elemental damage inherently, and I do not link +added elemental damage to any of these skills, and I cast them all continuously and in rapid succession with one another, also with the help of totems, I will be getting the most out of this keystone?
- Do the individual "hits" from the Firestorm fireballs from one casting of this spell count as multiple "hits"? I'm assuming that individual sparks do.
- Or am I misunderstanding and there really is no optimal way to use this keystone to my benefit (me being a newbie mage who has not specialized in any one element and is still fiddling about with a dozen skills)?
Thank you.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Firestorm does proc EE for each of the fireball, this is the case for any type of skill that has multiple rapid hits(for example spark will also proc per spark, and flame totem procs per flame every .08secs).

The intended use of this keystone is what you described, using one elemental spell without any added elemental dmg on it(added chaos works since chaos isn't elemental) then using another element and so on. These 2 spells can come from different sources, for example mines/traps/totems can proc EE, minions can't however. It can also be used in an attack centric build but you need to be careful about your auras and +dmg gear in this case so spells tend to be easier to use EE with.
It would be nice if the monster's status would reflect which element it's weak to in real time, rather than me having to move my mouse on and off. Is this possible? The health degradation is in real time, so shouldn't the status be able to as well ?
"
PyrosEien wrote:
The intended use of this keystone is what you described, using one elemental spell without any added elemental dmg on it(added chaos works since chaos isn't elemental) then using another element and so on.

or a more practical application would be dual wielding 2 elemental weapons.
IGN: anectine
Last edited by sinequanon on Feb 26, 2013, 10:36:22 PM
That would be a really awkward build.
You can only get 1 Element type from the rest of your gear. All enemies you face will have 25% increased Resistances against this element. Great.
For your weapons, you have to be lucky enough to roll the right element with a high roll, without rolling a second element, and you probably want other mods as well, such as Attack Speed or Crit Chance. Then you need to go through that again for your second weapon.
The payoff? That single-element damage from your weapons will be slightly more effective, assuming you can properly alternate hits (which, by the way, is also pretty tricky!).

No, that's really not practical at all. It's much more effective to get random Elemental damage bonuses from your gear and just ignore EE altogether. EE is for Spells, because you can more easily control the damage types without nerfing yourself.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 27, 2013, 12:32:55 AM
By the way, the -50% is flat, right? So you can potentially triple your damage by reducing enemy resists from 75% down to 25%.
"
Cronos988 wrote:
By the way, the -50% is flat, right? So you can potentially triple your damage by reducing enemy resists from 75% down to 25%.

Yeah it works like curses. Do note high resist mobs in merciless tend to have more than 75%, so even with -50%, they still have 75%. As an example, melee skeletons in Felshrine have very high fire resist. Even with EE and Flammability on, they would still have the tag "Resistant to Fire" which is I believe 50+% Fire resist, so they have at least 140%fire resist assuming I'm right on the 50% thing(40%from flammability and 50% from EE). On these EE alone wouldn't do anything if using Fire basically.
Ayt guys so what about this. For example i use a spell totem ice nova, will the mobs get +25% cold and -50% to fire and lightning?
"
Sherjan wrote:
Ayt guys so what about this. For example i use a spell totem ice nova, will the mobs get +25% cold and -50% to fire and lightning?

Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info