Elemental Equilibrium

Elemental equilibrium does not trigger on hits dealing all three elements of damage.
"
king_lem wrote:
If it does not trigger on tri-elemental hits, does it trigger when an attack deals damage from two elemental types?
Yes.
"
mokschi wrote:
Let's say, I dual wield two weapons with elemental damage; left hand does fire, right one cold. When I then run Wrath and do come standard attacks, the weapons will effectively deal 50% more of their elemental damage (fire and cold) while lightnig remains the same, right?
Yes, and I'm pretty sure that's worth +10 awesome points if you find the weapons to pull it off.
"
mokschi wrote:
And this should also work with double strike, I suppose.
No. Double strike hits twice with the main-hand weapon. It never uses the off hand.

"
mokschi wrote:
Edit: One more thing. Maybe I overread this somewhere, but hitting with all three elements will actually remove any existing EE-buff on the monster, right?
No. The buff is removed only if it times out (5 seconds) or to make way for a newer buff. Dealing all three together doesn't apply a buff, so it won't overwrite an existing one.
"
mokschi wrote:
I can't find the link, but I'm sure I read somewhere that fire res helps against burn damage. Therefore, decreasing the monster's res will make it take more burn damage.
Could a dev confirm this please?
Correct. But being in the fire and taking ongoing fire damage is not being hit by elemental damage, so will not be weakening them to other elements.

"
mokschi wrote:
Also, is there a cap on negative resistances? -75%?
No.
"
Theoclymenus wrote:
EDIT - Another question!
Do minions (or totems) that you create trigger EE?
Minions - No. Minions are completely separate and are doing their own attacks. They don't have your passive tree.
Totems/Traps/Mines don't have their own skills - they're linked to you and cast your spells, with your stats, just like you would, so they'll inflict EE if you have it.
Each hit (that deals either 1 or 2 elements of damage) triggers EE, causing a new buff based on that hit's elemental type(s), which replaces any EE buff already on the target
"
Darkfyre wrote:
or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning

for a total of: +25% fire, cold, lightning??
With the new way it works since Open beta, this one.
You dealt Fire, Cold and Lightning damage, so those types get +25% resistance.
There are no types of elemental damage that you didn't deal, so no types get -50%

You never need to add things up for different types, you just need to know which types you did deal with that hit, and which types you did not, and apply either a +25 or -50% respectively.
-50%.

If you dealt a particular elemental type, the monster gets +25% to that type.
If you did not deal a particular type, the monster gets -50% to that type.
"
Malzarius wrote:
I really think this needs to be reworked it makes it very annoying to use unless you want to go back and forth between 2 spells
Going back and forth between two different skills (or weapons) that deal different elements is pretty much the entire point of this keystone. It's specifically about rewarding the effort of alternating which elements you hit with.

Interestingly, using it in melee is easier than with spells (dual wielding two weapons with different elemental bonuses will alternate all the time), but gearing for using it in melee is harder (actually getting those weapons and having added damage on other gear be non-elemental, or of the third element, takes a lot of time).

Since gear, once found, is pretty much always there, this means that dual-wield EE builds will slowly become easier to put together as more appropriate gear is found and made available for trade to those looking for it.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 3, 2013, 1:40:40 AM
"
zharmad wrote:
(A) When is the EE trigger processed? If all three projectiles of an LMP Fireball hits a single large enemy in the same game frame, will the all three hits trigger EE to be processed at the end of that frame and thus benefit from EE fully? Or, are the hits cued sequentially so that the first hit triggers EE before the other two will process?
All hits are always processed entirely separately. If you hit a guy with three fireballs, one will hit first, applying EE, and then the next will hit at reduced damage (re-applying EE), then the last will hit.

"
zharmad wrote:
(B) Are there current plans for a prismatic spell analogous to elemental hit?
Not that I'm aware of yet, but we are planning to ramp up production of new skills, and I will keep this concept in mind to suggest.

"
zharmad wrote:
Also Open Beta feedback:
- I like the new mechanics. It's simple and makes life so much easier in terms of organisation, and against elemental resistant enemies.
- Works out with Anger+Added Fire Damage minions, and using Cold Nova/Shock Nova.
Thanks. I was quite pleased to come up with the new version, and I agree it's much simpler and more intuitive than the old one where you had to work out each type separately and do the math to combine them. I was actually discussing a similar fire-minion, ice-nova-caster build with one of the alpha testers recently, I'd be interested to know how well such a concept works as an EE build variant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info