Elemental Equilibrium

I was told that it didn't work with totems.

In any case, I agree with OP that it should only count the highest elemental damage. Because then I could salvage my build. :(
If i dropped a shock totem and a lightning totem, and then put a fire trap down. Would the fire trap dots swap the elemental resistance (IE proc EE) every time the traps dot ticks?

so i could use fire trap just to keep resetting the resistance to ice and lightning?

im imagining this
fire trap ticks +25 fire resist -50 lightning and cold
lightning totem hits +25 lightning - 50 fire and cold
cold totem hits +25 cold - 50 lightning and fire

so each of them would make the next one more effective and (ideally) if they alternate like that none of them would experience the draw back? (i imagine fire trap might tick often enough that it sometimes hits a second time before the totems) but still would this work?
Degens don't hit. The 2 totems would swap resists with each other, but the firetrap only applies EE when it initially activates(hit), after that the burning dot isn't a hit so it doesn't apply EE(but benefit from it).
"
The intended use of this keystone is what you described, using one elemental spell without any added elemental dmg on it(added chaos works since chaos isn't elemental) then using another element and so on. These 2 spells can come from different sources, for example mines/traps/totems can proc EE, minions can't however. It can also be used in an attack centric build but you need to be careful about your auras and +dmg gear in this case so spells tend to be easier to use EE with.

I wanted to confirm if this is correct. I am currently a dual totem / dual curse/ heavy summoner build in my 70s. With some uniques my main damage source is the 4 spectres. My 5L (spectre - faster casting- minion damage- LMP-fire pen) flame sentinels fill the screen with fireballs and generally melt everything pretty fast. My dual 4l totems are ice spear now mainly for a little damage and some chill effects. Because i am not specced in spell damage much they are not main DPS. I somethig switch to spark for tight spaces.

It would only take two points to get EE on my current build and i could salvage that off of something else. If the above quote about Minions not proccing EE is correct, then having EE proc on mobs hit by my ice spears would allow my major damage source to get an additional 50% reduction in fire resistance. Since resistances can go negative that is a big boost in DPS.

Am I interpreting that correctly
"
Dalnoi wrote:
"
The intended use of this keystone is what you described, using one elemental spell without any added elemental dmg on it(added chaos works since chaos isn't elemental) then using another element and so on. These 2 spells can come from different sources, for example mines/traps/totems can proc EE, minions can't however. It can also be used in an attack centric build but you need to be careful about your auras and +dmg gear in this case so spells tend to be easier to use EE with.

I wanted to confirm if this is correct. I am currently a dual totem / dual curse/ heavy summoner build in my 70s. With some uniques my main damage source is the 4 spectres. My 5L (spectre - faster casting- minion damage- LMP-fire pen) flame sentinels fill the screen with fireballs and generally melt everything pretty fast. My dual 4l totems are ice spear now mainly for a little damage and some chill effects. Because i am not specced in spell damage much they are not main DPS. I somethig switch to spark for tight spaces.

It would only take two points to get EE on my current build and i could salvage that off of something else. If the above quote about Minions not proccing EE is correct, then having EE proc on mobs hit by my ice spears would allow my major damage source to get an additional 50% reduction in fire resistance. Since resistances can go negative that is a big boost in DPS.

Am I interpreting that correctly

Minions do not proc EE but benefit from it, the quote is accurate. Minions never benefit from your passives unless they specifically state they affect minions, which EE doesn't.
"
PyrosEien wrote:

There is never any math happening, it's always either -50% or +25%.

Do you have a source for this? It used to be that math was actually happening, and there's nothing in the wording of the node that states that this isn't the case anymore.

I've been using EE recently with Elemental Hit, but specced out of it because it came to a point while leveling where I was better off using gear with flat elemental damage upgrades on it rather than EE. I did that based on how old EE had no effect for tri-element based damage, but I'm just not sure anymore if this what happens with the new EE.

edit: well, nevermind, it can't use math because that would come down to like -75% resist to all elements for tri-element damage >< I still think EE is too gear restrictive to be worth while then.
Last edited by Thalandor on Mar 1, 2013, 5:09:19 PM
Meh. I was just thinking that this might have worked on a triple element wand witch to give -25% to all 3 resistances, but I just read that it does nothing if you hit with all three damage types. Lame.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Meh. I was just thinking that this might have worked on a triple element wand witch to give -25% to all 3 resistances, but I just read that it does nothing if you hit with all three damage types. Lame.

It actually gives +25% all. Again, old post, most of the first half is outdated stuff. A moderator should really close this and open a new one I think.

And Thalandor for the source, well the 10.0 patch notes for one, search for Elemental Equilibrium they explain the changes there. The wording of the keystone changed too I believe. And the recent dev posts in this thread, but that's a bit annoying to find.

EE works fine but I see it more as a caster keystone than an attack based build keystone. It can be used with attacks but it's generally not a good idea unless you solo a lot and build specifically around it, but it works very simply and efficiently with spells regardless.
how about dual wield with one different elemental on each weapon?
since you attack with different elemental,

and what you do is focus in two element not all element

i have this idea because now im making d. wand power siphon witch ;)
#1 IGN:Acerola
#2 IGN:Einray
Last edited by hensin3 on Mar 2, 2013, 11:21:01 AM
"
hensin3 wrote:
how about dual wield with one different elemental on each weapon?
since you attack with different elemental,

and what you do is focus in two element not all element

i have this idea because now im making d. wand power siphon witch ;)

Only works if you're alternating hands with your attacks. Some do, some don't(for example main hand only, or both hand for dualstrike/cleave). Also regardless it's annoying because if you can't have the elements on your rings/amulet or have auras, otherwise your attacks will apply more than one element which will mess it up most likely. It's doable but generally annoying to keep it working properly, and it almost always fail in groups due to other people having auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info