1. -75% Total
2. -25% Total
3. +25% Total

Thats all. Ty.
Devs only answer plz, or proof.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
-50%.

If you dealt a particular elemental type, the monster gets +25% to that type.
If you did not deal a particular type, the monster gets -50% to that type.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning

for a total of: +25% fire, cold, lightning??
With the new way it works since Open beta, this one.
You dealt Fire, Cold and Lightning damage, so those types get +25% resistance.
There are no types of elemental damage that you didn't deal, so no types get -50%

You never need to add things up for different types, you just need to know which types you did deal with that hit, and which types you did not, and apply either a +25 or -50% respectively.

Edit:
Just re-read the OP, if you want proof all you had to do was click the GGG icon to the left of the post to get the dev responses. Then, read down the list to the January 29th posting of the second quote from above.

Last edited by ibugsy on Mar 4, 2013, 2:01:46 PM
I want to know if I have lightning dmg on hit with my explosive arrow, then fire dmg after 1 sec does that mean the lighting is +25% resist and the fire is -50% resist? with elemental equilibrium or do you just get +25% on both?

So if I have a ring that adds any lightning dmg, and use explosive arrow when the arrow explodes am I gonna have that -50% fire resist on the monster?
Whenever you deal damage, the effect applies. So if you only have physical and lightning/cold damage on hit, then the target will indeed have -50% fire damage for the explosion. That explosion will then trigger elemental equilibrium afterwards.
My suggestion to encourage player taking this node :
No elemental resist penalty, only reducing other two resist type.
Or people just choose to smash 1 button to win, easier and no waste a skill gem slot.
Hello!

Plz answer my questions that i couldnt figure out.

I use Explosive arrow - i hit with cold/lighning dmg - Mob gets +25% cold/light and -50 fire resist.

q1: This modification applies only for my attacks or my whole team?

q2: After explosion, mob gets +25% fire resist, does it decrase the burning dmg of the ignited mob?

Feedback: I like this KS, but i think its hard to use in open teams, because in almost every team there is someone who use Anger that will give 25% all elemental resist when i hit..
So i make it harder to kill mobs with this KS.

Just going to post this here for now, not entirely sure it's a bug.

I've been using Shock Nova to apply Elemental Equilibrium to mobs, and sometimes when I hit, enemy mobs' resists/vulnerabilities are unchanged.
(and no, it's not missing the hitboxes of mobs or desynced, because the mob is losing HP, is being shocked, is usually stationary since this is most noticeable against totems and Shock Nova is my only damage source besides Righteous Fire which does not apply Elemental Equilibrium)

I have a few +12% Radius from passives for Shock Nova. Would that increased radius be affecting the application of Elemental Equilibrium in any way? Or maybe it's something else, because something is definitely off. Will record a video if I need to. (IM NOT CRAZY)
IGN: Sudoku
Last edited by soundee on Mar 8, 2013, 3:03:16 AM
"
Correct. But being in the fire and taking ongoing fire damage is not being hit by elemental damage, so will not be weakening them to other elements.

I am confused by this statement, does this mean that incinerate will not proc EE?

Also, I thought of the perfect use of this, assumming incinerate can proc EE. Lets say that I have dual totem incinerate and EE, with fire being my only elemental dmg spell. Would having EE then serve as a form of bonus to group play? In other words I will always do -25% less dmg while others will do 50% more (since there are so few fire builds)

also, what i don't quite understand is the 5 second debuff. Say I hit with ice dmg, and then immediately hit with fire dmg, will it still have +25% cold resist for 5 seconds, or will that be immediately overwritten by +25% fire resist?

Last question, if a mob already has "resist fire," and you use fire dmg on it with EE, will it gain additional fire resist?
IGN: anomolies
Last edited by anomolies on Mar 18, 2013, 10:15:54 PM
"
anomolies wrote:
"
Correct. But being in the fire and taking ongoing fire damage is not being hit by elemental damage, so will not be weakening them to other elements.

I am confused by this statement, does this mean that incinerate will not proc EE?

Also, I thought of the perfect use of this, assumming incinerate can proc EE. Lets say that I have dual totem incinerate and EE, with fire being my only elemental dmg spell. Would having EE then serve as a form of bonus to group play? In other words I will always do -25% less dmg while others will do 50% more (since there are so few fire builds)

also, what i don't quite understand is the 5 second debuff. Say I hit with ice dmg, and then immediately hit with fire dmg, will it still have +25% cold resist for 5 seconds, or will that be immediately overwritten by +25% fire resist?

Last question, if a mob already has "resist fire," and you use fire dmg on it with EE, will it gain additional fire resist?

1st: Yes, that is what I assume would happen. Since incinerate deals fire damage several times per second, you will reapply the EE fire (de)buff constantly, leading to +25 fire and -50 Lightning/cold resists. I assume the statement you quoted refers to burning damage, which does not "hit" and therefore cannot apply EE (but benefit from it).

2nd: The (de)buff is changed every time the monster is hit with any elemental damage. The 5 seconds only apply when the monster isn't hit with any elemental damage during that time.

3rd: Yes, it will gain additional fire resist, but the resist cap will stay the same. A mob with 75% fire resist will not become fire immune by using EE.
Last edited by Cronos988 on Mar 19, 2013, 6:18:56 AM
hmm.. so how much fire resist does a mob have? If it says "resists fire" then does it always have 75%?

EE might actually be good for single elemental damage builds such as incinerate, since I run into a lot of fire resist mobs anyway but I kill them very fast even with EE. This would be a huge benefit to party members that dont use fire damage.

basically you're doing 25% less dmg so the rest of your party can do 100% more dmg... of course the party members would have to have very specific elemental dmg.. that seems like a good trade off to me
IGN: anomolies
Last edited by anomolies on Mar 19, 2013, 1:42:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info