Elemental Equilibrium

I actually like the highest elemental damage done on each hit. Makes the passive a lot more clear. It is a really fun skill that can be made really confusing the second you equip a + x-y elemental damage item. Having it consider only the top damage element would make this passive a lot easier to gear and plan for.

The notion of adding a damage threshold feels like it could be promising as well but I fear getting to a point where lightning randomizes to above the threshold or below the threshold on each hit and starts screwing with the buff in ways that could be really hard to track.

really like the passive though, very cool idea. It adds some diversity to the standard instead of using 1 single damage output skill with the rest to support that one skill.
I'm a bow elemental ranger, whose key skills are lightning arrow and burning arrow. I have gear which has all three types of damage - lightning, fire and cold (in that order of significance).

Would EE be useful to my build, or completely useless given that whether I use Burning Arrow or Lightning arrow, I deal all three damage types on each hit?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I'm a bow elemental ranger, whose key skills are lightning arrow and burning arrow. I have gear which has all three types of damage - lightning, fire and cold (in that order of significance).

Actually, I would like an answer to this as well. As the mechanic has been explained to me, each element would trigger simultaneously, giving -25% resists to the other two and +25% resists to their own element. This would net -25% resists to each element in total.

If this assumption holds, then tri-elemental attacks are the way to go when using EE.
Elemental equilibrium does not trigger on hits dealing all three elements of damage.
If it does not trigger on tri-elemental hits, does it trigger when an attack deals damage from two elemental types?
"
king_lem wrote:
If it does not trigger on tri-elemental hits, does it trigger when an attack deals damage from two elemental types?
Yes.
"
king_lem wrote:

Yes, and it will make the third element's resist to receive -50% instead of just 25%.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Let's say, I dual wield two weapons with elemental damage; left hand does fire, right one cold. When I then run Wrath and do come standard attacks, the weapons will effectively deal 50% more of their elemental damage (fire and cold) while lightnig remains the same, right? And this should also work with double strike, I suppose.

I don't think, that would be worth it, but I find it nifty.

Edit: One more thing. Maybe I overread this somewhere, but hitting with all three elements will actually remove any existing EE-buff on the monster, right? So, I can't just hit them ones with cold+fire and then 5 times with all three elements in order to buff the lightning damage.
Last edited by mokschi on Jul 4, 2012, 9:02:58 AM
"
mokschi wrote:
Let's say, I dual wield two weapons with elemental damage; left hand does fire, right one cold. When I then run Wrath and do come standard attacks, the weapons will effectively deal 50% more of their elemental damage (fire and cold) while lightnig remains the same, right?
Yes, and I'm pretty sure that's worth +10 awesome points if you find the weapons to pull it off.
"
mokschi wrote:
And this should also work with double strike, I suppose.
No. Double strike hits twice with the main-hand weapon. It never uses the off hand.

"
mokschi wrote:
Edit: One more thing. Maybe I overread this somewhere, but hitting with all three elements will actually remove any existing EE-buff on the monster, right?
No. The buff is removed only if it times out (5 seconds) or to make way for a newer buff. Dealing all three together doesn't apply a buff, so it won't overwrite an existing one.
So basically you could just get a tiny bit of lightning damage and a lot of fire and ice on your weapon. Just get some initial lightning damage and proceed to deal at least 50% more of that damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info