Elemental Equilibrium

"
Umbraal wrote:
So basically you could just get a tiny bit of lightning damage and a lot of fire and ice on your weapon. Just get some initial lightning damage and proceed to deal at least 50% more of that damage.

Sounds like you just found a way to make EE suck a lot less than it currently does.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Using Cold Snap with a Cold to Fire support acts like a second elemental weakness curse that ignores curse immunity. My witch's lightning arrow build only needs a single fire and cold damage mod to avoid removing the EE effect. This seems to make EE more worthwhile for attacks rather than spells.
Yeah, I've been looking into ways how to exploit this keystone ever since I started playing. The problem was always, that alterating two spells, one with high and one with low damage, simple isn't more effective than just using the strong spell twice in the same time.
This way, you only have to use your secondary skill every 5 seconds.
(btw, is this duration effected by the Buff duration passive?)
This is great for int-oriented characters with elemental damage focus (e.g. JustAnExample).
It's just 4 extra passives and with auras or equipment it's super easy to get all 3 elements on an attack.
For spells it's a bit harder, because one would have to waste a linked socket on his main spell just to get all elemtents. Well, I'm sure there's also a reasonable way to do it.
One more remark. I don't have a lighning-bow char, but it's seems insane with all the +lighning damage nodes nearby

Edit: Sorry, I just realized you said the exact same thing:
"
Zoid wrote:
This seems to make EE more worthwhile for attacks rather than spells.
Last edited by mokschi on Jul 6, 2012, 4:41:10 AM
How about dropping a Fire Trap, then using another element while the target is on the fire?
Lady Luck Loves a Trust Fall
Last edited by Denninja on Jul 7, 2012, 12:44:08 AM
"
Denninja wrote:
How about dropping a Fire Trap, then using another element while the target is on the fire?

Burn damage is not fire damage, so that won't work as well as you would think.
Last edited by Repeats on Jul 7, 2012, 9:57:21 AM
I can't find the link, but I'm sure I read somewhere that fire res helps against burn damage. Therefore, decreasing the monster's res will make it take more burn damage.
Could a dev confirm this please?

Also, is there a cap on negative resistances? -75%?
"
mokschi wrote:
I can't find the link, but I'm sure I read somewhere that fire res helps against burn damage. Therefore, decreasing the monster's res will make it take more burn damage.
Could a dev confirm this please?
Correct. But being in the fire and taking ongoing fire damage is not being hit by elemental damage, so will not be weakening them to other elements.

"
mokschi wrote:
Also, is there a cap on negative resistances? -75%?
No.
"
Umbraal wrote:
So basically you could just get a tiny bit of lightning damage and a lot of fire and ice on your weapon. Just get some initial lightning damage and proceed to deal at least 50% more of that damage.

Using this base idea I've had a play with the tree and skill details and come up with a templar build

Do my maths add up?
Does EE stack with itself? If you keep casting fireballs would the target eventually become immune?
After the target becomes immune, would they still lose resistance to other elements?

I'm assuming that the answer to the last question is no, because if you have 100% fire resistance you wouldn't take damage from the fireball which in turn means you wouldn't trigger EE...

EDIT - Another question!
Do minions (or totems) that you create trigger EE?
Last edited by Theoclymenus on Jul 14, 2012, 5:13:35 PM
"
Theoclymenus wrote:
Does EE stack with itself? If you keep casting fireballs would the target eventually become immune?
After the target becomes immune, would they still lose resistance to other elements?

There can only be one EE-buff/debuff/effect on a monster at any time. So, they cannot stack, instead they overwrite each other. That should answer your question.
"
Theoclymenus wrote:
Do minions (or totems) that you create trigger EE?

Hmm, well I can't say that for sure, but the tooltip says: "Enemies you hit with elemental damage ...". So I guess not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info