Exploiting Elemental Equilibrium and more physical

The base idea with this build is to abuse the Elemental Equilibrium keystone while using hatred.

My main attack would be Glacial Hammer socketed with Melee physical and More Melee.

From the passive tree (75 point) I get 105% weapon elemental + 33% elemental + 20% weapon cold + 66% cold. Also I get +73% physical damage +20% from strength.

Setting enemies up with elemental weakness and some way of getting both lightning and fire damage (ie. shock nova with added fire damage though there are many ways to do this)

This will mean that my cold damage will be increased by a further largish amount (-50% to enemy resists)

I would need to source some fire and lightning damage for my attack to stop the elemental equilibrium from being removed.

If my understanding is correct I should be dealing at minimum half my base mace damage * (1 + .93 + .25(glacial hammer) + bonus from glacial hammer(skill gem level) + aprox .8 from melee and more melee) physical
and half my base mace damage multiplied by ((the physical multiplier) + .3 (hatred) +.5(glacial) + 2.24(passive)) multiplied by the creatures modified cold resistance in cold.

Approximately Mace * 1.6 phys + Mace * 4.64 * (1-enemies cold resist + .9)
plus tiny bit of fire and tiny bit of lightning.

This is not taking into account any effect from equipment.

For lesser enemies I would probably end up using cleave or some other aoe weapon skill and there are options for increased survivability like enduring cry

So what do you guys think?
I think you read my build over at the which section (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38070).
I also designed that build for templar and marauder.

The most imporant thing I'd like to tell you is that EE-debuff will not get removed when hitting with all 3 elements. So once you primed the target you don't have to worry about loosing the effect for (at least) 5 seconds.

So my 1st advise is to simply to simply use anger as well and you can prime once than use glacial hammer for the next 5 seconds, rinse & repeat.

Secondly, the same is possible with fire and the burning mechanics are kind of broken, i.e. exploitable with negative resistances.
Yes your guess the exploit thread had me questioning, then researching the benifit of EE. I'm really glad you posted!

I looked at burning damage but didn't like where the damage boosts were in the skill tree and, as far as I can tell, Anger is nowhere near as good as Hatred.

I've not got a beta key yet so I can't test these out, but if 100 fire damage is easy enough to come by using only 30% of physical + anger + FD mods then it should be easy enough to get more than that by a long shot for this character.

I'd hope I could get at least 80 or so base physical damage from a mace multiplied by 2.73 from physical damage boosts.
30% of that is 65 cold damage added to every attack (including cleave for aoe).

So assuming something along the lines of 80 base physical damage + 30 cold damage from eq

I would be doing:
80*.5*(1+ .73% Passive physical +25% strength mod + .8 melee and more melee + .25 base glacial hammer + .3 skill level glacial hammer) = 133 physical damage
with 80*.8*(3.33 physical damage mods + 2.24) = 356
and 30 * (1 + 2.24) = 97
Then modified by resistances (1.9 if no resistances) = 860.

For really silly damage stacking not using the burning exploit. Lightning arrow has to be the way.

Only had a quick look with 35% increased attack speed and lightning arrow on monsters with already negative resists you should be able to get to the three stacked shocked debuffs and be multiplying your final damage by about twice maybe. I'd need to work through the maths.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info