Elemental Equilibrium

"
The fact that this works with 2 elements and not 3 is somewhat goofy to me. The developers had to go in to the engine and make an exception to what was working perfectly fine with 1 and 2 element attacks. 3 elements should just apply +25% then -50% to all elements for a net -25%. Other builds that rotate 3 different elements will still have an advantage with -50% on their next attack.

I don't get it, how is that expected behavior? If all three elements hit at the same time, they should all just cancel each other out.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
"
The fact that this works with 2 elements and not 3 is somewhat goofy to me. The developers had to go in to the engine and make an exception to what was working perfectly fine with 1 and 2 element attacks. 3 elements should just apply +25% then -50% to all elements for a net -25%. Other builds that rotate 3 different elements will still have an advantage with -50% on their next attack.

I don't get it, how is that expected behavior? If all three elements hit at the same time, they should all just cancel each other out.

Yeah and make already underused keystone even worse. If something doesn't work like you imagined it it doesn't mean that it have to be changed.
"
anubite wrote:
"

How would they cancel? It should simply apply an effect for each elemental type, as it does with 1 and 2 element attacks.

There would be some cancellation, but the net would be -25% resistances.

Ex:
Hit with cold, +25% cold -25% light/fire
Hit with light, +25% light, -25% cold/fire -- Light/cold are now at 0, and fire is at -50%.
Hit with fire, +25% fire, -25% cold/light -- Fire is now back up to -25% and light/cold are pushed down to -25% for a net effect of -25% to all elements.
Which would make EE a boring 25% More Damage passive if you deal triple-element damage (which is extremely easy with attacks).
Wait, just so I understand it fully, if you hit it with cold and fire it gets -50% lightning, but then if you hit it with a lightning spell that has added cold and fire, that spell negates the EE and it STILL has -50% lightning?

That's what I've interpreted from reading about it. Why is the guy above complaining about that?

That would allow you to hit it with something, then have your main spell have the added bonus of hitting it with everything so you can just spam it while it still has the debuff.

Unless I'm mistakenly reading this wrong.
in fact it works better with attacks because it is common to get rainbow damage on attacks without multiplying costs. Weapon with added lighting and fire damage from some source and lighting strike for example. while spells are actually better at applying EE.

Steel wonders weather EE would reset on 3 elemental hits in OB.
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
Wait, just so I understand it fully, if you hit it with cold and fire it gets -50% lightning, but then if you hit it with a lightning spell that has added cold and fire, that spell negates the EE and it STILL has -50% lightning?

That's what I've interpreted from reading about it. Why is the guy above complaining about that?

That would allow you to hit it with something, then have your main spell have the added bonus of hitting it with everything so you can just spam it while it still has the debuff.

Unless I'm mistakenly reading this wrong.

If that is how it works I highly doubt that it was intended.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
who knows, this keystone wasn't changed since alpha excluding some small percentage changes on EE effects. And developers clarify themselves how it works.
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

Yes, it's work like this. Cast a cold spell with cold to fire, then a lightning spell with added cold damage+cold to fire and your debuff will stay for 5 seconds.
But i think the best use of this Keystone is with attacks, for primary damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Which would make EE a boring 25% More Damage passive if you deal triple-element damage (which is extremely easy with attacks).

-25% resistances sounds like a reasonable amount. Individual penetration gems exceed -40%. Stacking single elements on skills and rotating will still be far more effective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info