Elemental Equilibrium

I still don't get how this passive is supposed to work if you are dealing all 3 types of elemental damage with each hit/shot.

does it work like this:
+25% fire -50% cold -50% lightning
+25% cold -50% fire -50% lightning
+25% lightning -50% fire -50% cold

for a total of: -75% fire -75% cold -75% lightning??

or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning

for a total of: +25% fire, cold, lightning??

or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning
-50% fire
-50% cold
-50% lightning

for a total of: -25% fire, cold, lightning??

if you follow the description to the letter and calculate each application of elemental damage that you are doing separately, it should follow the first example, but that seems really OP...
"
Darkfyre wrote:
or like this:
+25% fire
+25% cold
+25% lightning

for a total of: +25% fire, cold, lightning??
With the new way it works since Open beta, this one.
You dealt Fire, Cold and Lightning damage, so those types get +25% resistance.
There are no types of elemental damage that you didn't deal, so no types get -50%

You never need to add things up for different types, you just need to know which types you did deal with that hit, and which types you did not, and apply either a +25 or -50% respectively.
wait, so if each attack deals all the elemental dmg, im just shooting myself in the foot by increasing the resistance of all the elements?
Last edited by Chowy on Jan 29, 2013, 8:38:38 PM
Another question, if my attacks, deal cold and lightning dmg, does this give -50% or -100% fire resis?
-50%.

If you dealt a particular elemental type, the monster gets +25% to that type.
If you did not deal a particular type, the monster gets -50% to that type.
Does this stack, if i whack enemies with cold dmg 2 times, will there be -100% resis to the other elements?
How are you supposed to get this skill to work with melee characters? You always end up with some shitty 3-6 of every elemental damage added to your weapons, you're going to be so limited by what rare weapons and rings and gloves you can use.
im currently using glacia hammer as a templar, i think that lightning strike would also be a suitable substitution if u want to use melee weapons. do u know whether or not the -50% resis stacks?
My question is, does the resist reduction stack with curses?

If I knock off 25% resist from EE then throw an elemental weakness curse on it, will it have ~60% reduced resists?

"
Chowy wrote:
Does this stack, if i whack enemies with cold dmg 2 times, will there be -100% resis to the other elements?

curious about this as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info