Elemental Equilibrium

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Every explosion is its own hit, same as with any other skill. Every hit applies EE.
Ergo, using EE with EA is a terrible idea.
(so many E's)

Hmm no, and it's not the same as every other skill. See dual wield cleave or dual strike, they have 2 weapons hits that are then combined in a single large hit for the purpose of dealing damage, which means they only benefit from life on hit once for example. EA is the same, the explosion is a single hit that does the amount of damage based on the fuse counter. Each of the actual attacks adding the fuses are obviously individual attacks but the explosion is a single roll, which is why burning is great with it and which is also why EE is good with it.
well i know for sure it interacts with single targets in that way, but what about the simultaneous explosions from volleying into a group? do each of the explosions from other nearby enemies count together as one, or will each separate enemy with fuse charges trigger a new EE debuff?
IGN Macesaremanttofly
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
well i know for sure it interacts with single targets in that way, but what about the simultaneous explosions from volleying into a group? do each of the explosions from other nearby enemies count together as one, or will each separate enemy with fuse charges trigger a new EE debuff?

No if you LMP or just shoot at random targets, it counts as multiple aoes.
Hey Mark, I think I've got some pretty good grip on the EE + fire minion witch build now. In short, it works very well:
- EE has -50% fire resists.
- elemental weakness grants another 30-50%
- fire-based spectres!

The last one I want to highlight. EE+elemental resist curse stacks very multiplicatively with their damage, and eliminates the need for a second resists or the penetration gems. My own damage for unlinked/1-linked spells is passable in Cruel -> IMO adding the fire spectres makes the Anger and dual nova setup somewhat superfluous... :P

I've just connected +AoE/Conc. effect to both ice nova and shock nova - will check how that goes later. Although, I *am* looking for a better way to improve fireball/arctic breath rather than conc effect. (An element-themed skill layout could be Added cold + AB + IN + faster cast / Added-lightning + Shock Nova + AoE + conc. effect, and fireball on its lonesome...)

An iron will-EE variant should be able to push the damage further, although with weaker minion capabilities of the templar I think the shock nova aspect will need to be replaced with Lightning warp as mentioned before with +AoE.
A good skill layout there should be, IMO:
- IN + conc effect + faster cast + iron will (+ added cold + )
- LW + faster cast + AoE + iron will (+ added ltn + ele. prolif. )
Last edited by zharmad on Feb 19, 2013, 12:47:11 AM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
Hmm no, and it's not the same as every other skill.

Hmm yes. Rogueyoshii was specifically asking about simultaneous explosions on separate targets, ie. probably using LMP or GMP. Every explosion is its own hit. One explosion can consist of multiple fuses.

A single-shot EA build could benefit from EE, yes. I should've been more specific in saying when EE would be terrible. My bad.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 19, 2013, 7:14:03 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
PyrosEien wrote:
Hmm no, and it's not the same as every other skill.

Hmm yes. Rogueyoshii was specifically asking about simultaneous explosions on separate targets, ie. probably using LMP or GMP. Every explosion is its own hit. One explosion can consist of multiple fuses.

A single-shot EA build could benefit from EE, yes. I should've been more specific in saying when EE would be terrible. My bad.

Yeah it's my bad actually I thought the discussion was about multiple charges, not multiple targets. Should be fairly obvious there's no stacking when they don't even detonate at the same time unless they're perfectly lined up to get hit at the exact same time and even then it wouldn't stack so it hadn't crossed my mind someone was asking about that ^^. When he asked again I understood what you were talking about, then I went to bed and forgot to edit my message.

EE is definitely pretty bad if you play LMP/GMP explosive arrow, it's very good if you play single target explosive arrow, matter of taste I guess.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 19, 2013, 8:27:09 AM
Can i get a dev response to this?

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Flat damage from gear only effects Attacks. Spells are not Attacks.

so if i use two attack spells interchanged (every other) - which i imagine is the point of this node - such as infernal blow and glacial hammer both of these will be modified by crappy modifiers on my weapons/ other gear. Will those modifiers effect my ability to use these spells as intended?

I guess the frustrating thing here if that is how it works, is it actually LIMITS your choices rather than letting you make MORE interesting choices. basically i would never be able to use any gear that adds elemental damage.

"
sweetaction wrote:
so if i use two attack spells

Skills. :) It's an important distinction to make, since Attacks and Spells work very different from eachother.

Yes, you'll have to be careful selecting your gear when combining Attacks and EE. A bunch of keystones are inherently limiting; EE is not really different there. With the Glacial/Infernal idea, you can still grab Lightning damage just fine, but it will be less effective than is normally the case. You still get incredible amounts of Fire and Cold damage.
Guess i dont get the working totally right but just curious anyway: how would 2 totems work with EE?

I mean (with 2 totem node) casting a lets say spark (or arc) totem and a firestorm totem...would it make sense with EE? Perhaps even one only with increased aoe range and the other to hurt?

Is there a problem with how EE works and/or a problem with different speed with that monsters get hit from totems like casting animation and spell aiming which i dont see?
Same speed, same geometry works best... I've had it work with faster casting on ice nova and no faster cast on shock nova. Spark is very irregular with its hit rate, whereas firestorm is very regular - so your hits will generally be strings of the same element, and be worse off..

Imagine that your totem spark a lightning resistant monster, will that monster now be immune until the net firestorm bolt hits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info