[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

Having fun playing this build but if i find a Lich in an abyss i simply cannot beat it? Should i go back to using Vaal Pact? Is my weapon too slow at 1.8 APS maybe? Any help appreciated. MyNameis_Daryl.
I feel you. I recently switched to the no-VP build at 92 after having completed 157/157 Atlas and I'm not impressed at all. My DPS barely went up and my survivability definitely took a hit.

Maybe if I invested several Exalts into uber-high end Jewels for those 2 new slots I'd gain more, but honestly DPS was never an issue with this build. If the non-VP build swapped Leech for something like 50-60% more Max Life it would be even better, but pushing for more DPS just seems redundant at this point.
I just wanted to say, good idea for a build but I've been following your build set up and I'm only level 23, but from what I'm seeing is that it's a gigantic mana drain. In about 5 or 6 molten strike hits against the enemy and I'm out of mana.
Hey, just wanted to thank you for this great build guide.
I started the league with this build and I had a blast. I only picked up the game mid harbinger and did achieve much there, so I was still feeling pretty nooby when I started this league following your guide. The Guide was detailled and good to follow even for a relatively new player. Currently I am sitting at around 45 ex investment in my character and it simply obliterates the entire content, including Shaper, Uber Atziri and Elder. Thanks for the good work, keep it up!
"
anighma wrote:
I just wanted to say, good idea for a build but I've been following your build set up and I'm only level 23, but from what I'm seeing is that it's a gigantic mana drain. In about 5 or 6 molten strike hits against the enemy and I'm out of mana.

Any character with a 6-link at low level is going to have mana issues. The standard solutions apply:

Thief's torment is the best solution, but you can't use it until 30, so one (or multiple) of the others until then.

You may want to have a look at your links too, there's good gems available early (added lightning, ancestral call both act 1, ele focus act 2), so no reason to be running random garbage ones. Get rid of iron grip, chance to ignite, and melee physical.

You should also have herald of ice (act 2) by now.

If you have a high physical damage weapon (as sometimes happens when leveling) then added fire (act 1) and physical to lightning (act 2) can become good supports.

Honestly though:

Will take you all the way through the game, and likes all the regular supports for the build. You can switch to:

At 46 if you want, but it isn't necessary, as hand of thought and motion is good all the way through act 10 really.

Some other nice twink items include (but are not limited to):
Spoiler

Darkness entrhoned is especially powerful early with some flat ele / ele with claws jewels. Make sure to search by level requirement when picking up jewels for it though.

Hrimsorrow is good if you have a physical weapon.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 20, 2018, 5:18:37 AM
"
bewsii wrote:
If the non-VP build swapped Leech for something like 50-60% more Max Life it would be even better, but pushing for more DPS just seems redundant at this point.

It have more life by using 3-4 more total jewels than VP version.
~150-170 flat HP from 4 abyss jewels combined with ~200% from tree and 40% from Belly,well that's another ~340-350 hp.

I'm using non-VP version 6.550 HP with rat's nest(starkonja is another ~300 hp) and still 4-5 jewels without flat hp.

I can push 7k+ with starkonja+jewels but i simply don't need it,already did Uber Atziri and rest stuff deathless many times with that comp.

PS.Well i checked you character,first of all you have pretty crappy jewels 5-7c worth each(except center tree life+multi+2dmg ele and gloves multi+3 ele),only 2x jewels with total life(flat/%)
Also you have low life rolls on boots/belt,and 1 ring even without life.
Also no extra life nodes from the tree.
That's a lot of life combined that you missing - more than 800-900.
Last edited by FreshMeat93 on Jan 20, 2018, 6:11:45 AM
I can leech trough shaper beam without VP just fine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKVlUbdGm8
What do you guys think I should do with this claw?

craft % phys and go watchers eye route or better of crafting lightning and going for double heralds?
hey guys,

Seen a few people help out with this build just wondering if someone can take a look at my char just feel there is something off with it. I Dot know how you get up to 200k DPS.

Also can someone suggest the next thing to upgrade really struggling as i only have 10ex left. I honestly dont know how you guys make so much currency.

Cheers
"
FreshMeat93 wrote:
"
bewsii wrote:
If the non-VP build swapped Leech for something like 50-60% more Max Life it would be even better, but pushing for more DPS just seems redundant at this point.

It have more life by using 3-4 more total jewels than VP version.
~150-170 flat HP from 4 abyss jewels combined with ~200% from tree and 40% from Belly,well that's another ~340-350 hp.

I'm using non-VP version 6.550 HP with rat's nest(starkonja is another ~300 hp) and still 4-5 jewels without flat hp.

I can push 7k+ with starkonja+jewels but i simply don't need it,already did Uber Atziri and rest stuff deathless many times with that comp.

PS.Well i checked you character,first of all you have pretty crappy jewels 5-7c worth each(except center tree life+multi+2dmg ele and gloves multi+3 ele),only 2x jewels with total life(flat/%)
Also you have low life rolls on boots/belt,and 1 ring even without life.
Also no extra life nodes from the tree.
That's a lot of life combined that you missing - more than 800-900.

If memory serves correctly, you only gain 2 Jewel slots going Non-VP, because you also lose 1 jewel slot from not traveling down the Jewel node that's in the path to VP. You can choose to give something else up and take a 3rd jewel, but it's not listed in the guide for a reason.

Yeah, not all of my jewels are amazing. After completing all of the content in the game (no Pale Council or HoGM) I just don't see the point in spending more exalts on top tier gems. As for missing 2 life nodes.. I don't really have a choice atm. I needed 30 intelligence to meet gem requirements so that node was mandatory without rerolling gear.. and I can't seem to get to level 93 to pick up the last point.

Either way, my point was merely that both builds work fine. You don't NEED to switch if you prefer the extra leech of VP, or if you don't feel comfortable buying the Regrets just to test it. I've tried both under identical circumstances and greatly prefer VP for sustaining incoming damage. You gain some DPS but cut your leech in half, in a build where DPS isn't remotely an issue. With my gear, Elder doesn't even get into his nasty phase... everything just melts lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info