[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
GornoDD wrote:
"
"
GornoDD wrote:
Winter Spirit is only 20% conversion, so you still need to convert another 20% (Molten is 60%). For a 4 point investement (includint the traveling node) this isnt really worth it. An Alternative would be Hrimburn Gloves. Those arent actually too bad, but given the opportunity of double Abyss jewel Tombfists its not really so good.

Hrm? Winter spirit is 20%, but the node right before it is also 20%, for a total of 40%. You do get 100% conversion that way. At 4 points it is definitely more expensive than doing it with a jewel, but on the cheap it seems a decent option. I'd certainly consider that before I'd consider dropping tombfist - even one socket tombfist, just 'cause of that sexy intimidate.

For 3 points (vaal pact tree), it is the same investment as a jewel, though the life on watcher's eye is probably better than some cold damage from winter spirit.

holy moly I never saw the other 20% of the node before. I did experiment with that for alot of other builds and always wondered where those 20% came from.

this makes it considerable. the 4 points is still quite a bit though

With the VP tree its only three points :)

My point is the following: People will limit themselves if they only watch for claws with high ele dps. That might get very expensive (because of this awesome build guide :)). On the other hand they can also look up hybrid or even physical only claws. If winter spirit is worth its investment is best calculated by POB. But it could be a temporary solution to the watchers eye if someone is able to grab a claw with high PDPS
"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Problem is, how do I get to 7k HP, I'm only sitting at 4.3k at the moment...

Starkonja + 100 life
Amulet + 80 life
Diamond ring + 70 life
Opal ring + 30 life
Boots + 40 life
Belt + 40 life (abyssal jewel)

Profile isn't public, can't see your jewels, but guessing not awesome on life there either.

Another 10 levels will of course bring up your life also.

"
Also how do I run HoT and HoI with enfeeble? Definately not much mana build up on this to sustain all 3 and still be able to keep up mana for MS.

Enlighten level 3+. Your enlighten is level 1, it does nothing. Just drop HoT, it is not at all important. Or buy a level 3 enlighten if you want, but I personally just run without it (free up some sockets 'cause I use 2 socket tombfist).

"
Also read on here about watchers eye, is it worth the investment or Could I make do without it? Would like some feedback on my gear, it was pretty expensive to say the least.

What watcher's eye would you use? You are using a (terrible) ele claw, not a physical one, so you don't need the wrath phys to light one.

Speaking of your terrible claw, upgrade that pronto. It is slow, and has no crit. On almost every page of this 291 page thread is somebody explaining how to correctly prioritize stats on claws. I suppose page 291's post doing so will be this one:

You want a fast claw. Preferably 2.0 speed, but 1.9 is okay if you want the mana on hit from a gemini (not really worth IMHO, but for people who reserve almost all their mana, maybe it is). You want base crit at least 7.5% but preferably 8%. 7.5% is about what you get if you vagan craft crit.

Edps is a distant third in priorities. The attack speed and crit on your claw are force multipliers. They increase the damage from all of your sources of ele damage, not just on the claw, but from added lightning, from heralds, from jewelry, from abyss jewels, from vinktar...

Again: Attacks speed > crit >> edps

I don't know what your budget is, but here's a search for a cheap claw:
http://poe.trade/search/onariniosikesi

And here's a result:

It has suffix room to craft crit, which will put it at ~7.5% crit.

Tweak the search values up or down to suit your budget, but even that 15c claw is way better than yours.
"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Hey nice build, after playing 4 chars that I wasn't a fan of the build intended I tried this one out in hopes Ill just finish out the league farming end game bosses (uber at/shaper). Currently @ Lvl 80 with this gear stacked:

Problem is, how do I get to 7k HP, I'm only sitting at 4.3k at the moment... Also how do I run HoT and HoI with enfeeble? Definately not much mana build up on this to sustain all 3 and still be able to keep up mana for MS. Also read on here about watchers eye, is it worth the investment or Could I make do without it? Would like some feedback on my gear, it was pretty expensive to say the least.

Your problems are a result of not reading the guide carefully.

Mana with three auras up can only be sustained by an enlighten gem with at least level 3. Yours is level 1 and thus gives you nothing.

Not using a belt with a stygian base is just a bad decision in abyss league. Your amulet and one ring are missing life rolls completely. Your claw lacks crit and attack speed, the most important stats a claw can give you.
Hey i just returned to the game and i'm absolutely loving this build!

I was hoping to get some better informed opinions on what i should work on upgrading (i have 25 ex to spare)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

At this level of gear a starkonjas with 3 additional projectiles is very likely the biggest damage increase you can get
"
"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Problem is, how do I get to 7k HP, I'm only sitting at 4.3k at the moment...

Starkonja + 100 life
Amulet + 80 life
Diamond ring + 70 life
Opal ring + 30 life
Boots + 40 life
Belt + 40 life (abyssal jewel)

Profile isn't public, can't see your jewels, but guessing not awesome on life there either.

Another 10 levels will of course bring up your life also.

"
Also how do I run HoT and HoI with enfeeble? Definately not much mana build up on this to sustain all 3 and still be able to keep up mana for MS.

Enlighten level 3+. Your enlighten is level 1, it does nothing. Just drop HoT, it is not at all important. Or buy a level 3 enlighten if you want, but I personally just run without it (free up some sockets 'cause I use 2 socket tombfist).

"
Also read on here about watchers eye, is it worth the investment or Could I make do without it? Would like some feedback on my gear, it was pretty expensive to say the least.

What watcher's eye would you use? You are using a (terrible) ele claw, not a physical one, so you don't need the wrath phys to light one.

Speaking of your terrible claw, upgrade that pronto. It is slow, and has no crit. On almost every page of this 291 page thread is somebody explaining how to correctly prioritize stats on claws. I suppose page 291's post doing so will be this one:

You want a fast claw. Preferably 2.0 speed, but 1.9 is okay if you want the mana on hit from a gemini (not really worth IMHO, but for people who reserve almost all their mana, maybe it is). You want base crit at least 7.5% but preferably 8%. 7.5% is about what you get if you vagan craft crit.

Edps is a distant third in priorities. The attack speed and crit on your claw are force multipliers. They increase the damage from all of your sources of ele damage, not just on the claw, but from added lightning, from heralds, from jewelry, from abyss jewels, from vinktar...

Again: Attacks speed > crit >> edps

I don't know what your budget is, but here's a search for a cheap claw:
http://poe.trade/search/onariniosikesi

And here's a result:

It has suffix room to craft crit, which will put it at ~7.5% crit.

Tweak the search values up or down to suit your budget, but even that 15c claw is way better than yours.

Thanks for the incite, I just bought a faster claw with Crit chance and it seems better than that 'terrible claw you speak of' that I just sold for 10ex :) also forgot about that lvl 1 enlighten, just picked up lvl 3 and still not really feeling the 50 mana left bullshit so I dropped HoT.

Last edited by BruteLegacy on Jan 19, 2018, 6:25:18 AM
"
BruteLegacy wrote:
Thanks for the incite, I just bought a faster claw with Crit chance and it seems better than that 'terrible claw you speak of' that I just sold for 10ex :)

Congrats on the big sale. A lot of people are fooled by the "edps" column on poe.trade, so they'll pay a premium for items that actually aren't that good. I've sold a few terrible claws like that too, I always feel a little bad about profiting from other people's ignorance, but not bad enough not to do it.
I was quite surprised and I do feel bad for pricing it that much but you're right. Its a deceiving concept.
First off this build is amazing. I am having a ton of fun with it and I'm only up to lvl 79.

Question though. I can't seem to figure out how power charge on crit is supposed to work. If I cast the totem with power charge - ancestral protector - orb of storms. It doesn't ever seem to give me a power charge. The only way for me to stack charges is casting orb of storms manually. Is that how this is supposed to work?

Sorry I am a bit of a newb here now as I haven't played this game recently in the last 3 years.
"
toxicsoul wrote:
Question though. I can't seem to figure out how power charge on crit is supposed to work. If I cast the totem with power charge - ancestral protector - orb of storms. It doesn't ever seem to give me a power charge. The only way for me to stack charges is casting orb of storms manually. Is that how this is supposed to work?

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work. The totem exists to buff your attack speed, it doesn't need to be linked to anything. Orb of storms exists to generate power charges with PCoC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info