[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Read carefully, it's simply a change of name. Old Vulnerability is replaced by new Despair (minus the physical debuff). You only need the DoT debuff anyway.

"
sikker wrote:
Since we will now be using for curses :), we will need to get our 6-linked somewhere else. Perhaps one of those new crazy shaped items can help us?

Why do you need 6 curses? Only Despair (replacing Vulnerability), Flammability and Elemental Weakness are worth mentioned for this build and you can always go with one or two + 6L. Perhaps Temporal Chains and Enfeeble can be added for defense but it's not worth replacing your chest.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Dec 5, 2017, 1:24:28 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
"
Grafdelver wrote:
Has anyone here done HOTGM succesfully? Tried it a few times, me and my minons got cheesed.

Any tips?

All Guardian and shaper are a breeze btw. Normal atziri easy mode. Still have to do uber atziri.

Love the build hope we dont get nerfed into oblivian.

Cheers

I still can't get to making a video, but check those two posts with some general tips on how to beat HoGM:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/161#p15015604

Thnx will try again tonight 😉
Last edited by Grafdelver on Dec 5, 2017, 1:30:30 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Why do you need 6 curses? Only Despair (replacing Vulnerability), Flammability and Elemental Weakness are worth mentioned for this build and you can always go with one or two + 6L. Perhaps Temporal Chains and Enfeeble can be added for defense but it's not worth replacing your chest.

Well, you just named only attack curses, and it's already 3 of them. Add temporal chains, enfeeble and enhance for better quality all auras, and it becomes pretty overpowered.
The question is: Is it worth losing 1 spectre for that?
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 5, 2017, 2:25:22 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
wiwigvn wrote:

Well, you just named only attack curses, and it's already 3 of them. Add temporal chains, enfeeble and enhance for better quality all auras/warlord mark for better leech, and it becomes pretty overpowered.
The question is: Is it worth losing 1 spectre for that?

You can always use Queen Decree for 1 more spectre and another 6L if you plan to go that way but it means sacrifice defense for basically... 4 more curses? I do not think it will be "overpowered" in anyway. Have you done the math with reduced curse effectiveness of Guardians and Shaper in mind (not to mention the chest's default reduced effectiveness)? My guess is that offense wise, maybe a slight increase compared to double-curse version due to diminishing return, and defense wise, you lose a lot of defense without a shield. Losing a spectre is out of question since it's 25% less raw power AND in actual play, it's more annoying and only worth it in HC to use Cloak of Defiance or other defensive chest.

btw, warlord mark/poacher mark does almost nothing for this build because the spectres do not leech or hit with DoT (they do with physical attacks) and your char should not rely on those anyway.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Dec 5, 2017, 2:29:21 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
You can always use Queen Decree for 1 more spectre and another 6L if you plan to go that way but it means sacrifice defense for basically... 4 more curses? I do not think it will be "overpowered" in anyway. Have you done the math with reduced curse effectiveness of Guardians and Shaper in mind (not to mention the chest's default reduced effectiveness)? My guess is that offense wise, maybe a slight increase compared to double-curse version due to diminishing return, and defense wise, you lose a lot of defense without a shield. Losing a spectre is out of question since it's 25% less raw power AND in actual play, it's more annoying and only worth it in HC to use Cloak of Defiance or other defensive chest.

btw, warlord mark/poacher mark does almost nothing for this build because the spectres do not leech or hit with DoT (they do with physical attacks) and your char should not rely on those anyway.

Yeah, i removed warlord mark from my message before yours even pop out, i also monitoring whispering ice build and mixed up those. That's why now i only recommend enhance, obviously.

Queen decree is weapon, and don't have anything with us losing vis mortis. My point was that without wis mortis we lose 1 spectre, and it is so with or without queen decree (cause it can be used with wis mortis too), i don't get your point on that one.

About reduce effectiveness - it's exactly why i said "is it worth it?". If not for that reducing against bosses and chest affix, it wouldn't be even a question about worth. It would be OP, definitely use this. But now - too clunky, wis mortis is more stable.

The only thing that i pointed out, that defensive curses usually even more powerful than offensive, and you just ignored them altogether claiming that there are not enough curses that we can use. It's not true, obviously.
But curses becomes obsolete in the situations where we need them the most (hard bosses), so it's not that great, but that's entirely different point.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
ImAncient wrote:
"
yissus wrote:

I would count the vulnerability changes as a nerf to this build... the build is still viable, but at least one nerf to this combo.
Meh... technically, sure. However, the build is damn near as effective running damn near any curse. I've had good success with elemental weakness or temp chains. Curses really only matter on bosses anyway, everything else dies too fast.

I can confirm this, unless they heavily nerf or rework some core items (eg. vis mortis, bones of ullr, the scourge, lazhwar) or some passive nodes which grant minion damage, build works perfectly fine even without vulnerability: you can swap despair gem for flammability or temporal chains.
I just hope there won't be any ninja nerfs to spectres; GGG should be clear in that case.
there might be some indirect nerfs though; spectres suffer chaos damage and heavy bleeding or poison, and we still don't know if any of the new bosses will do that and be a heavy threat to our spectres.
Last edited by Giammafix on Dec 5, 2017, 11:57:43 AM
Is this really a good league starter build? I love playing summoner, but at the same time I hate leveling slowly and having to wait for core uniques. Never played a summoner as a starter build, not without any gear.
Last edited by azaanis on Dec 5, 2017, 12:27:51 PM
I just fired off this build as a tester in standard, and hats off to you man! Awesome build, love it. Going to be my league starter. Thanks a lot for the build and post!
Last edited by argoniashawks on Dec 5, 2017, 2:28:47 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036231

"Wickerman Righteous Fire damage has been renamed to the Pantheon."

Scary warning shot... :o
"
Sodomiser wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2036231

"Wickerman Righteous Fire damage has been renamed to the Pantheon."

Scary warning shot... :o

Also this

"Reduced the amount of burning damage dealt by the level of the Abyss challenges you completed during this league."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info