[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

nice build! gonna respec my std facebreaker cyclone into this one for sure. one question: does anybody tried the taming ring? should give a preety boost for DMG/DEF!

"
Saraibinha wrote:
nice build! gonna respec my std facebreaker cyclone into this one for sure. one question: does anybody tried the taming ring? should give a preety boost for DMG/DEF!

A rare Opal ring is generally better because it can provide lots of damage and with better toughness.
Sorry if it's a dumb question. But if I'm already at 75% fire res, there is not point in running a Ruby Flask, right? Seems the only benefit would be the +6% cap.

For instance, if I have Iron Reflexes, I could run:
Life, Jade, Granite, Basalt, Quicksilver

No?

Other than that, I'm loving the build, but for some reason, I'm too squishy.
Have all my res at 75%, 34% phys reduction (Iron Reflexes) and almost 4800 life.
Even with all flasks up, Argus 1 shotted me :|

Here's the character in question:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Henriquesg/characters?characterName=RandomAvailableName

Am I doing something wrong? Is my gear bad?
"
Henriquesg wrote:
Sorry if it's a dumb question. But if I'm already at 75% fire res, there is not point in running a Ruby Flask, right? Seems the only benefit would be the +6% cap.

For instance, if I have Iron Reflexes, I could run:
Life, Jade, Granite, Basalt, Quicksilver

No?

Other than that, I'm loving the build, but for some reason, I'm too squishy.
Have all my res at 75%, 34% phys reduction (Iron Reflexes) and almost 4800 life.
Even with all flasks up, Argus 1 shotted me :|

Here's the character in question:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Henriquesg/characters?characterName=RandomAvailableName

Am I doing something wrong? Is my gear bad?

Ruby flask is to handle single elemental reflect mod such that with Sibyl ring, you will be able to tank through.

You have a really nice Granite flask. I would certainly keep that and roll another that has increased duration + anti-curse.

Your rings can have higher life rolls. Otherwise your gears are in good shape. Instead of using Carnage Heart, you can consider switching to a high life roll rare amulet instead.

You have not picked up any of the jewel sockets so once you have all 6 sockets in place, and having 7% life roll on that, you will have around 6000 life at level 90.

To handle Argus comfortably, you need 2 things:

1) At least 5500 life
2) Lion's Roar (Argus get pushed to the wall and won't be able to hit you).

I would also recommend you to get Wise Oak's flask. With fire as the highest overcap resistance, you will gain extra damage.
"
kira1414 wrote:
Ruby flask is to handle single elemental reflect mod such that with Sibyl ring, you will be able to tank through.

Thanks for the answer.

About the Ruby Flask:
Since I mainly do maps, I'm running Elementalist and I have a Sibyl that I switch to when the maps has elemental reflect.
That means I have 90% less reflect damage and 75% fire res.

So, if I understand correctly, I should/could drop the Ruby for another Granite?

Also, about the Granite I currently have, it's already anti-curse, not sure I follow your point there.

Side note: I was running Bronn's before, I switched to Belly because although Bronn's is faster and damage is insane, one big hit from a Rare and I'm dead :(
I also have Carcass, but still didn't try it.
Last edited by Henriquesg on Sep 27, 2017, 12:50:42 PM
hey, build looks awesome and nice guide :) gj
could i do this build on 20 ex budget or will i miss sth?
whats the difference between this and the shadow version? and which do u prefer?
"
Henriquesg wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

About the Ruby Flask:
Since I mainly do maps, I'm running Elementalist and I have a Sibyl that I switch to when the maps has elemental reflect.
That means I have 90% less reflect damage and 75% fire res.

So, if I understand correctly, I should/could drop the Ruby for another Granite?

Also, about the Granite I currently have, it's already anti-curse, not sure I follow your point there.

Side note: I was running Bronn's before, I switched to Belly because although Bronn's is faster and damage is insane, one big hit from a Rare and I'm dead :(
I also have Carcass, but still didn't try it.

If you are running Elementalist instead of Raider, you can definitely drop Ruby flask (unless it is Dying Sun, which gives you more damage) when running together with Sibyl.

Flask of the same type does not stack so having just 1 x granite flask will do. I guess I messed up on your granite flask with another guy's as I have multiple profiles opened when I reply to thread posts. ;)

You can consider running Enfeeble instead of Flammability when you are focusing on leveling. It gives you at least 30% more effective health pool.

Carcass Jack is more of the middle ground between Bronn and Belly. All 3 chests are capable of clearing Shaper so you can definitely stick to the one that you are more comfortable with.

"
doChl wrote:
hey, build looks awesome and nice guide :) gj
could i do this build on 20 ex budget or will i miss sth?

You can definitely run this build with 20ex. Xoph's Blood is around 7ex and a 6L chest is around 8ex. A 415+ pDPS Ngamahu is around 30 chaos.

"
doChl wrote:
whats the difference between this and the shadow version? and which do u prefer?

Do you have a reference link to the Shadow version? I believe it should be using Vaal Pact for survival too so in terms of play style it should be the same. Main differences will be damage output and probably number of jewel sockets (this build utilize up to 6 jewel sockets).

If you meant the Slayer version, the play style will be difference because of the leech. Slayer do not use Vaal Pact and relies on Endless Hunger instead for survival. Slayer requires you to know when to evade in order to survive while Scion requires you to be in constant combat in order to survive.

Cyclone damage on Scion is higher as compared to Slayer whereas Molten Burst damage is slightly higher for Slayer.
What about gear for leveling? By the standard or take what is in the build on the Duelist?
"
Foxie1337 wrote:
What about gear for leveling? By the standard or take what is in the build on the Duelist?

Yes. You can just follow the leveling guide in Slayer thread. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info