[3.15] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Kimba wrote:
For one who haven't tested the slayer build and want to test this out. What would you recommend using, Slayer or Scion? Pros / cons?

Thanks!

If you have not played both builds, I recommend you to go for Slayer since it is smoother when it comes to farming Uber Lab (you can leech through traps with Endless Hunger).

The following are some glaring differences between the 2 classes that I can think of:

Slayer
"
- Endless Hunger allows you to leech through lab.
- 20% culling strike
- Immune to bleed and stun

Scion
"
- With Sibyl Lament, you have 90% elemental reflect reduction and can do any map mod
- Permanent fortify from Champion, allowing you to drop fortify gem from 6L and go for Added Fire Damage
- Requires Vaal Pact for healing
- Requires Culling Strike gem on Ancestral Warchief

Note: Based on PoB, Scion will have more Cyclone damage because of Added Fire Damage and 6 sockets.

"
Moemed wrote:
I can afford both but can't decide between Brons and Carcass, do you think carcass would win out since it buffs the balls more vs cyclone dmg on brons? Chroming will be an adventure of its own LOL

It is like you said, Bronn provide more Cyclone damage and proc Molten Burst more frequently, while Carcass provide more molten burst damage and toughness. Carcass is also easier to color.

Both chest pieces can clear end game content. If mobility is a thing for you, go for Bronn. Otherwise go for Carcass.
I wanted to go your duelist version at first, but when I saw "you can do any map mods" then I had to go for Scion XD (also I always wanted to play one but I couldn't find any build that I liked)

So far levelling is a breeze. My problem is with gears. So far I have planned:
Weapon: Ngamahu's Flame (ignite gem setup)
Helm:
Armor: Bronn's Lithe (bought a cheap one, now I have to jewellers and chrome the heck out of it)
Gloves:
Boots:
L Ring: Sibyl's Lament (got lucky and I got the one with 10%IIR redux)
R Ring:
Belt:
Amulet: Carnage Heart (until I can afford Xoph's)

But I don't know what equipment to use for empty spaces...
What I'm temporarily using is:
Helm: The Peregrine
Gloves: Lochtonial Caress
Boots: Wake of Destruction
Ring: 2 Elreon's -7 mana cost ones
Belt: Meginord's Girdle

Could you tell me which helm/gloves/boots etc to use? Do they have to be rares or can they be uniques?
If uniques, which would you reccomend?
If rares, what mods do I need?
Oh damn. I forgot there is 1 particular map mod you can't do. And that is no leech maps. I will fix that in the guide.

Rare gloves, boots, belt and rings will be better fit for the build as they are able to give you lots of toughness.

Helm: my suggestion is to go for Devoto. This helm is just too good for melee builds.

Gloves: you will want attack speed, high life roll (3.0 you can get a pair over 100 life), good armor and resists. Titan gloves preferred.

Boots: high life roll (3.0, you can get a pair with over 100 life), good armor and resists. Titan boots preferred.

Rings: high life roll (at least 40), high resist, 30 int, % elemental damage with attack, flat physical damage, fire damage % (Essence of Anger). Opal rings preferred.

You can also use a rare amulet instead of Carnage Heart.
Want to try one of your builds, which is better between this and your Duelist Slayer ?
@kira1414: Thanks!
What about belt?

PS Couple of things to help improve the guide:
1) You should add a section "Recommended Rares" too, some examples would be nice too. Also add Devoto's to "Recommended Gears"
2) Some people add links to PoETrade with required mods on rare equipment in their guides. Maybe a "Shopping" section? (if you want of course)
Last edited by sqvirel on Aug 25, 2017, 2:19:25 AM
"
Sa3r wrote:
Want to try one of your builds, which is better between this and your Duelist Slayer ?

It was answered a few post before your question but for your convenience, I will paste it here again:

Slayer
"
- Endless Hunger allows you to leech through lab.
- 20% culling strike
- Immune to bleed and stun

Scion
"
- With Sibyl Lament, you have 90% elemental reflect reduction and can do any map mod
- Permanent fortify from Champion, allowing you to drop fortify gem from 6L and go for Added Fire Damage
- Requires Vaal Pact for healing
- Requires Culling Strike gem on Ancestral Warchief

Note: Based on PoB, Scion will have more Cyclone damage because of Added Fire Damage and 6 sockets.

However, for Uber Lab farming, I would recommend Slayer because you can leech through traps.

"
sqvirel wrote:
@kira1414: Thanks!
What about belt?

PS Couple of things to help improve the guide:
1) You should add a section "Recommended Rares" too, some examples would be nice too. Also add Devoto's to "Recommended Gears"
2) Some people add links to PoETrade with required mods on rare equipment in their guides. Maybe a "Shopping" section? (if you want of course)

Belt: High life roll (at least 70), high armor (at least 300), triple resist, % Elemental Damage with Attack. Rustic belt and Vanguard belts preferred.

Ans 1: Great suggestion!

Ans 2: Having poe.trade links might cause items price to go up because of demand but I have to agree, another great suggestion.
What ascendency would u recommend for bosses and mapping?

Raider Elementalist? Slayer Elementalist? Slayer Raider? :D

pure slayer gonna be probably way better dmg wise, but what u think gonna be the closest combo for Scion
Last edited by Hejti on Aug 25, 2017, 8:44:26 PM
"
What ascendency would u recommend for bosses and mapping?

Raider Elementalist? Slayer Elementalist? Slayer Raider? :D

pure slayer gonna be probably way better dmg wise, but what u think gonna be the closest combo for Scion

Champion + Elementalist is the chosen Ascendancy for this build. I have updated the guide to include a screenshot of @ezevade Uber lab clear using his Slayer's gears (except rings, too low level to equip them).

At level 70, Scion damage is already on par with his level 90 Slayer.

gonna check the numbers in pob later, not sure if scion can outDPS pure Slayer
Hi! I'm wondering what gems/skills i should use while levelling. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info