[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
sivertry wrote:
How to deal with mana issue? Cost so much mana and when I get hit I'm oom quickly even with mana pots and I have like 1.7k mana

vaal clarity, avoid getting hit too much, good mana flask
"
sivertry wrote:
How to deal with mana issue? Cost so much mana and when I get hit I'm oom quickly even with mana pots and I have like 1.7k mana

How often do you need to place multiple mines? Normally I can clear creeps with 1 click (3 mines are dropped) and for bigger fights, I use vaal clarity to solve mana issues. So far i don't have any mana issues and I'm also at like 1,734 mana.
"
kazafz wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:

How often do you need to place multiple mines? Normally I can clear creeps with 1 click (3 mines are dropped) and for bigger fights, I use vaal clarity to solve mana issues. So far i don't have any mana issues and I'm also at like 1,734 mana.

If you still having mana issues you can also buy a lavianga's spirit mana flask, it gives you 4 uses with full charges, and your skills cost no mana during the flask effect.
Been playing this build for a few weeks and I would probably have my 40/40 challenges done if my ISP didn't turn to garbage 2 weeks ago.

I've done pretty much all content with no issues whatsoever. The build isn't designed to be super tanky, but I don't think I've ever been one shot outside of rippy mods (-max res +ele dmg stuff). I'll try and be of some help to people asking questions here.

"

Vaal clarity should have a very high uptime in this build when map clearing and you can use it on bosses when you're ready to burn them down. If the boss has add phases then you can use it more frequently. The build has mana issues if you get hit very frequently or really hard. I personally fixed it by using Lavianga's along with smart positioning to avoid damage.

"
Hi,

Does anyone know how I can improve my character? I regularly get 1-shotted in t13+ maps, and am just terrible at mapping in general.

If you're not that good at mapping, then it might be worth pointing out that some maps you roll can have mods that are just flat out not good for your build (and most builds for that matter). Maps that roll -max res and +ele dmg or +crit/crit multi for example can absolutely destroy a lot of builds. It would be hard to tell you what's wrong unless you told someone what kind of maps you rolled. You also should be cautious about moving around recklessly with shield charge. I've died a few times to mob packs just because I ended up shield charging into the middle of one.

My own character isn't perfect or anything, but here's what I think may help you. I think your damage might be lacking and I find that the best defense against getting killed is to simply kill everything before it gets to you. You can fix this with your gem levels getting to 20/20 (GC should get 21/20 if you have money or are lucky). Your dagger could roll another 25-30% spell damage to help out too. I wouldn't both with attack speed on your dagger since its only benefit is shield charging. If you want to shield charge around faster then perhaps consider using a Brightbeak + dex shield with increased movement speed in your second weapon set and just swap when you need to move. Also take additional mines next to volatile mines. 3 life flasks is too much imo. I would trade one or two of them out for a Silver Flask and/or Atziri's Promise. They're also not at 20% quality, which means their duration/uptime won't be as high.

This build has a lot of range and the mines can be placed in smart places to help alleviate pressure on you. Consider using Inc AoE gem for mapping and swapping to Conc Effect for bosses if you need to. Inc AoE paired with all the AoE you get from this build pretty much lets you full clear your screen. If you find that something might be absolutely wrecking you, then position yourself around things like rocks or corners and let the mines deal damage while you're safe. Placing your spell totem in a good position also allows you to detonate your mines instantly on placement if you need to burst something down.

Finally, you said that your resistances are 75/66/74 res with Kaom's Roots. Kaom's Roots are fantastic since they provide you a ton of life and make you pretty much immune to temp chains, chill, freeze, and most importantly stun. Getting stunned in this game is pretty much a death sentence. You should always have Kaom's Roots on with this build. Perhaps use a hybrid master craft or use another piece of gear to solve the under capped resistance problem you have when using Kaom's Roots.

Edit: I also want to add that, imo, your CWDT setup is overleveled. You need ~40% of your life pool to activate your curse, immortal call, and frost bomb. By the time it activates you're probably going to get killed shortly after. I would recommend lowering the level on your CWDT so that the required life lost isn't as high. I also recommend not leveling up frost bomb since ele reflect maps can do heavy damage to you if your frost bomb goes off. You really only use it for the debuff it provides on bosses. I kept my CWDT at level 12 and it activates if I lose 1635 life compared to 3142 at your current gem level. Of course, this means your enfeeble will also have to be a slightly lower level as well. You're free to pick any level of CWDT you want though.

Hope this helps. My character is on my profile if anyone needs to see it.

Thanks to Windz for the great build. I've checked out a few streams too and I hope you keep up the good work.
Last edited by Marq09 on Sep 11, 2017, 5:03:06 PM
If I don't want to spend the money for a enchanted burgonent, would one of the cheaper uniques be an OK alternative? Would you suggest running a rat's nest/devotos with enchant instead?
Balance all resistance at same value worth anything for Oak?
"
phlpsun2 wrote:
If I don't want to spend the money for a enchanted burgonent, would one of the cheaper uniques be an OK alternative? Would you suggest running a rat's nest/devotos with enchant instead?

You can use Hrim gloves. That's what I used until I got enough currency to buy a helm with conversion. I just ran with random rare with good life/res until then. If you have good life, rat's nest can be good choice but if you're wearing hrim gloves, chances are, you will want more life.
Hi, I spent about 200c~ respeccing into this build (whilst already having some of the gear), I find it a lot of fun but at the same time I'm dying quite often as I don't think I'm still used to the mechanics yet.

Is it correct to say that:
- Always need to have the spell totem up at all times
- Order: Spell totem -> shield charge into position (depending on situation) -> place mines -> flasks
- Very easy for the HP to drop in this build as there isn't any life leech and an average-ish life pool

Are there any particular flasks you guys keep constantly? My flask management is quite poor admittedly.

I'd also appreciate if anyone can do a quick gear check (btw I'm aware that I need to level up CWDT for Enfeeble).

But thanks for this build, it's a really refreshing one and one that I've never done before.

Last edited by Eathb on Sep 12, 2017, 4:01:51 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
Hi, I spent about 200c~ respeccing into this build (whilst already having some of the gear), I find it a lot of fun but at the same time I'm dying quite often as I don't think I'm still used to the mechanics yet.

Is it correct to say that:
- Always need to have the spell totem up at all times
- Order: Spell totem -> shield charge into position (depending on situation) -> place mines -> flasks
- Very easy for the HP to drop in this build as there isn't any life leech and an average-ish life pool

Are there any particular flasks you guys keep constantly? My flask management is quite poor admittedly.

I'd also appreciate if anyone can do a quick gear check (btw I'm aware that I need to level up CWDT for Enfeeble).

But thanks for this build, it's a really refreshing one and one that I've never done before.

Try this:

Lay mines, detionate mines, shield charge.

Totem is used for static fights like harbinger, boss, boxes etc.

Try adding additional cwdt detonate mines (replace enfeeble or ic)
My first time playing with mines, is there a trick or way to control what direction the gc shoot out at? Just Lvling the char now and I'm at lv 75, having problem to focus dps on boss, for example boss with adds the mines will sometimes keep going off to the adds instead of dpsing the boss, like during breach when there's a breach lord spawn I want to kill it for splinters but mines shooting something else, I don't lay mines under mobs feet, cos I had mana issue before when I shield charge into pack of mobs to lay mines I will oom quick cos of MoM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info