[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

Goddamn you two were a great read.

OP not sure why you got so defensive when the dude is literally just trying to offer constructive criticism to make the build better. (Which you should want considering I do agree with him that it's very misleading for new players and can easily turn them off from the game if they followed this build and don't achieve the results they expected.)

Also other dude who's clearly super passionate about PoE, you really need to let this go lol. Strong writing up essays on some other guys topic when he clearly does not want you to.

@ that same dude, hook me up with your DP knowledge. I just hit 65 and want to use DP mainly to farm RC and maps efficiently. I've been following Cutedog's DP video and skill tree, after I start gearing a bunch more I'll hit you up for some help or suggestions since you seem knowledgeable about this build and I'm still pretty new to PoE.
"
frost21 wrote:

OP not sure why you got so defensive when the dude is literally just trying to offer constructive criticism to make the build better. (Which you should want considering I do agree with him that it's very misleading for new players and can easily turn them off from the game if they followed this build and don't achieve the results they expected.)

Also other dude who's clearly super passionate about PoE, you really need to let this go lol. Strong writing up essays on some other guys topic when he clearly does not want you to.

@ that same dude, hook me up with your DP knowledge. I just hit 65 and want to use DP mainly to farm RC and maps efficiently. I've been following Cutedog's DP video and skill tree, after I start gearing a bunch more I'll hit you up for some help or suggestions since you seem knowledgeable about this build and I'm still pretty new to PoE.

He may have had some valid points, but I'll never know because I don't listen to people who act that way.

You may have noticed I've taken a lot of criticism from a lot of people. Ask yourself why I didn't get "defensive" about their criticism, why this guy is different. Your definition of "constructive" is... charitable.

And in any case, I wouldn't implement all his suggestions even if he were nice about it. I might consider some of them, but I've already explained in another post why I don't want to ditch MoM or Pledge even if I can get better numbers elsewhere.

I'm fully willing to admit - to someone who is going to be civil - that this is my first published build and I was just doing what I thought was appropriate. I'm also willing to admit this is the first time I've ever been at content this high even though I've been playing since 2012, since I've done a lot more reading than serious playing. I usually burn out when I don't have quick progression ahead of me. Having this build on the forums is what's motivating me to actually play the game this league. I have a duty to the people using it to be an example. That is why I made this build, am passionate about it, and want to show it off. In any case, I don't believe I'm "stuck" (for like a day?) at t14 because I've made bad choices. It's just new content for me. I'm unpracticed.

But with someone like him, it's much more fulfilling to see how high I can get my jokes:words ratio. Did you know how hard it was to make my title joke in 100 characters or less without ruining the name of my build? It took me a solid six minutes to figure that garbage out.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 16, 2017, 4:57:28 PM
Me again :D

Got my Acuity's and I would say my Gear is pretty optimized right now and started farming T15 maps earlier. So far it's quite good. Had some deaths because of some internet problems =/ But while I had no lags I had 0 deaths :D

Will later try high life res belt and then I try to craft a good Diamond Ring.

Will definetly try shaper and will record it also, when I my lags are gone.

For some "Real Gear" (The Gear I currently own in Harbinger League) in Path of Building I post here my PoB pastebin =) https://pastebin.com/RWsgQscQ

Thank you for the Guide and I will definetly look into the suggestions from dankNStein.

Also like I mentioned in another post I used maddognils setup to quickly farm to lvl 90 in t10-13 maps. That build can't go that higher. Mostly I did t11 and t12.
Last edited by TrueEdge on Aug 16, 2017, 5:37:59 PM
"
frost21 wrote:

dankNstein's posts essentially boil down to "You are completely retarded and you should feel bad for even trying to make a build. Now get off my forum!"
I can easily understand why someone would ignore someone like that just out of principle.
Some of his suggestions are completely valid and fair, but don't be surprised if people don't respond well to your criticisms if you're being a cunt about it.
"
TrueEdge wrote:
Me again :D

Got my Acuity's and I would say my Gear is pretty optimized right now and started farming T15 maps earlier. So far it's quite good. Had some deaths because of some internet problems =/ But while I had no lags I had 0 deaths :D

Will later try high life res belt and then I try to craft a good Diamond Ring.

Will definetly try shaper and will record it also, when I my lags are gone.

For some "Real Gear" (The Gear I currently own in Harbinger League) in Path of Building I post here my PoB pastebin =) https://pastebin.com/RWsgQscQ

Thank you for the Guide and I will definetly look into the suggestions from dankNStein.

Also like I mentioned in another post I used maddognils setup to quickly farm to lvl 90 in t10-13 maps. That build can't go that higher. Mostly I did t11 and t12.

Awesome, congrats! I look forward to following your progress. Keep us updated :)

I'm not sure if I want to include other people's PoB's or not yet, but if I do, would you like me to put yours in the main post? I would credit you in this case.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 16, 2017, 5:50:26 PM
I just had a fight with Malachai in his Core with increased damage and well I feel like insta mana leech isn't that good for us. He hit me so hard that he removed all my mana, so I pop Lavianga's and insta leech full mana which turns the flask off. He hits me again and I do the same until my flask is empty and then I just stand there and I can't attack him. While without Acuity I would be able to still attack for 7 second per flask use.

I know insta mana leech sounds cool and I also thought NICE! but when you experience that... hmm

I am ok if you post my pastebin, but I more wanted to show the stats with real gear to anyone. And not just PoB created Gear.
Last edited by TrueEdge on Aug 16, 2017, 5:56:32 PM
"
TrueEdge wrote:
I just had a fight with Malachai in his Core with increased damage and well I feel like insta mana leech isn't that good for us. He hit me so hard that he removed all my mana, so I pop Lavianga's and insta leech full mana which turns the flask off. He hits me again and I do the same until my flask is empty and then I just stand there and I can't attack him. While without Acuity I would be able to still attack for 7 second per flask use.

I know insta mana leech sounds cool and I also thought NICE! but when you experience that... hmm

I am ok if you post my pastebin, but I more wanted to show the stats with real gear to anyone. And not just PoB created Gear.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I hadn't considered this and it makes sense. I will meditate on the best way to solve this problem.
...This is a more serious problem than I thought, and I may have to eat my words about MoM and Acuity. I'm trying to think about how to keep my build from overlapping completely with the other builds on the forum if I get rid of those. Also whether crit is worth it without Acuity.

This throws a huge wrench in my desire for elegance and synergy.

On the other hand, it may also be solved simply by gaining more mana (or not running blasphemy), such that any hit that would take you to 0 mana would kill you. In this case, if I'm envisioning this properly, you wouldn't ever be alive with 0 mana, and could get rid of Lav's and keep Acuity and MoM.
Okay I made a new build that doesn't have any uniques other than carcass jack, and doesn't go crit. I'm not sure what to do about this.
Everytime I see that Path of Building perfect link ... I'm crying in a corner. What the point to use 3x DPS jewels with perfect rolls/Gear? Even in STD you won't get such items, not speaking about current league. This one with a "human" items max will be 250-400k DPS ... You should pick crit always, it's just a waste to not pick it, specially in leagues, crit will compensate luck of GG items. For example right now I have 8.7k and 145k DPS (conc) tooltip in HO. With gear around 15-20ex max ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info