[3.0] VP DP OP - Dark Pact Berserker - New Minotaur Facetank Video

"
dankNstein wrote:
"

This gives us 30 more int in radius of eldritch knowledge for only one more passive point. This is worth 15% chaos damage, which is worth a skill point IMO. You also get a little more mana out of it.

I think I'm more afraid of being one-shotted than you are. I also have a diamond flask in my PoB.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. We have 93.3% effective crit chance and a 511% crit multiplier. A dagger and shield would also prevent us from using Kaom's.

I disagree with you, but there are other Dark Pact builds on the forum closer to what you suggested if you need to play what you're describing. You could use those. This is a build focused on MoM and getting the most out of Acuity and Kaom's when people can afford it.

For starters, this build you have made is a bait title and noob trap. I would advise people to think about that when they are looking at this unless they are on standard with a ridiculous amount of currency. The creator of this build has little experience with it other than playing a terribly optimized character for what he's running at level 88 that has not even killed Shaper yet and for some reason his tree is optimized out for a PoB character that has unrealistic gear. For me I've farmed shaper and all guardians multiple times this league and I can tell you that if you try to start the league with this and do Shaper eventually without insane gear it is going to brick peoples runs when you advertise huge damage and budget and starter friendly.

Back to your points, nothing in this game can one shot a 9k hp build if you are playing correctly. Telling people to use belt of the deceiver is actually such a bad choice over a 120+ hp belt with resists as it increases the health pool greatly and gives more damage.

Don't bring up your path of building with unrealistic gear when 95% of the player base into an argument when someone debunks how badly optimized this build is without insane gear. I could go make PoB pastebins that would 1 shot shaper phases with glacial hammer and white weapons, it's not hard what so ever to do this. When you make a build you should speak from experience not just throwing random numbers and t1 rolls on every single thing you can on a build and try to bait people in with a title. 93.3% effective crit chance isn't realistic because you don't have these items in game and neither does a MAJORITY of the playerbase.

All in all this build looks very badly optimized and there are many better builds out there that actually work. You are running around at level 88 mapping with heavy investment into crit nodes with 27% crit chance on your current character and you have eldritch knowledge in a jewel slot that costs you 3 points for 17k damage. That says enough about how your build and mindset plans out from path of building experience to in game experience.

I'm not sure what your beef is, but it's about time you make your own thread and get out of mine.
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:13:47 AM
"
dankNstein wrote:
"
I'm not sure what your beef is, but it's about time you make your own thread and get out of mine.

My beef is that people like you who sit in PoB rather than play the game and make actual good and real guides for people who can't think of them on their own. Anyone can crunch insane gear into PoB and make ANYTHING work. You have no experience with the build but you decided to boast ridiculous numbers and call it budget and starter friendly. I have no desire to make my own builds but I don't like it when people think their build is actually decent and try to convince other people to play it. This build you made is just outright bad unless you are spending hundreds of exalts and even then your numbers aren't even close to being worth the cost of your PoB link.

You are steering people in the wrong direction while craving attention and promoting a terribly optimized build unless you are on standard with a shit ton of currency. This is the biggest noob trap and clickbait title I've ever seen on this forum. You do know that in reality when you bait people into playing builds like this based off of numbers you boast that are unrealistic that you are essentially wasting peoples time. They put their trust in you to know what you are talking about when you make builds. So many things are wrong with everything about this, and clicking on your character and looking at your gear choices and tree choices for your level 88 on the current league says enough. Multiple times you defended your build you argued in absolutes and referenced gains to an unreal path of building link. Look at your current character and tell me how you actually think it is optimal to be doing what you are doing and at the same time promoting this build.

You are really passionate. You should probably channel this into something productive.
"
dankNstein wrote:
Your current tree:
Wasted skill points, terrible jewels, 27% crit with heavy investment into it, awful flask choices and for some reason you aren't even using spell echo. Are you really going to try and tell me your build is optimal as a league starter when you don't even make optimal choices yourself?

>Pledge of Hands
>aren't even using spell echo

Do you even play PoE?
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 16, 2017, 3:11:46 PM
I fixed my title for you.
Also to actually address the inanity that is your post, it seems like you want me to spend some money on my jewels, which I haven't bothered to do. That's valid, but hardly a criticism of the build. It sounds like you also want me to lower my dps by replacing controlled destruction with increased critical strikes when I don't yet have a mechanic that cares about how often I crit. Lastly, it sounds like you think I wasted a single point on the tree getting an additional 15% increased damage and 15 mana out of it, and you want me to lower my DPS and MoM reserve to save that one point and pick up a little power charge duration.

Is that about the gist of it? Any other complaints about my current setup?
I've been following this thread for a while now, great to see the improvements/changes to the build from peer critique!

I'm currently working on funding the switch b/w Sunder Berserker to a variant of this build, I've gotten lucky with 6l'ing the Pledge, all that's left is Kaom's Heart till I switch.

My question is, would you suggest using Rare Fingerless Silk Gloves till Acuitys? If not, is there some other unique glove that you would suggest using?
"
jk97310 wrote:
I've been following this thread for a while now, great to see the improvements/changes to the build from peer critique!

I'm currently working on funding the switch b/w Sunder Berserker to a variant of this build, I've gotten lucky with 6l'ing the Pledge, all that's left is Kaom's Heart till I switch.

My question is, would you suggest using Rare Fingerless Silk Gloves till Acuitys? If not, is there some other unique glove that you would suggest using?

Rare gloves are a perfect choice before Acuity. Fingerless have a great implicit, definitely a solid choice. Your other choice is picking up armor gloves for more physical damage reduction. After all, this build does not utilize ES at all.

The Fingerless will be easier to color, if that's a consideration for you.

Also you don't need to wait until you have Kaom's to use Dark Pact. It's quite good as soon as you finish cruel lab.
Last edited by Enblighten on Aug 16, 2017, 3:53:05 PM
Last edited by dankNstein on Jul 17, 2020, 6:13:38 AM
"
dankNstein wrote:
"

>Pledge of Hands
>aren't even using spell echo

Do you even play PoE?

Also to actually address the inanity that is your post, it seems like you want me to spend some money on my jewels, which I haven't bothered to do. That's valid, but hardly a criticism of the build. It sounds like you also want me to lower my dps by replacing controlled destruction with increased critical strikes when I don't yet have a mechanic that cares about how often I crit. Lastly, it sounds like you think I wasted a single point on the tree getting an additional 15% increased damage and 15 mana out of it, and you want me to lower my DPS and MoM reserve to save that one point and pick up a little power charge duration.

Is that about the gist of it? Any other complaints about my current setup?

Oh yea I forgot you were using pledge, I was just looking at your poorly optimized pastebin in path of building skill section that doesn't show what item skills are in, and for the other nonsense you posted as well about losing damage.

How about you smarten up and use your brains instead of convincing yourself that you are correct. Your build is poorly optimized around a pseudo 6link. As to my argument of dropping MoM you clearly do not keep pledge by doing this because there's no point in using it if you aren't going MoM. Again, use your brain here.

Pick up a 120+ crit dagger and craft 40% spell damage on it. This should cost you no more than 5-7 chaos. Pick up a shield with 120 health, spell damage or crit on it. Drop faster casting, use increased crit strikes. Drop your trash unique jewels and replace them with at least double prop rare jewels, even 3 prop jewels aren't expensive anymore. I guarantee you that your build would see a great improvement.

Your build is not very good and your decisions are awful on your current character. Your character does 60% less damage than mine currently with 4 levels difference and I haven't even upgraded my character in a while because I can farm Shaper and Guardians with 0 problems. Don't try and bait people to waste their time with your build and don't post fake builds that revolve around stuff that is unrealistic. Your numbers for the investment cost for this build are abysmal 3 million damage for an acuity build with somewhat perfect gear should say enough.

I don't want to. Are we done?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info