Constant disconnects when loading zones

Hello GGG.

I'm having the same issue.
Played everyday since the start of this league, not problems until 3 or 4 days ago.
Since then, every 1 to 5 zone changes I get a disconnect. I can stay in my hideout for hours, people come a go without a problem.
When I load a zone... 1 out of 5 times I get a disconnect.

EDIT (3 days later): seems to be good now. haven't disconnected in the past few hours. Didn't do anything... assuming GGG did something. Thanks GGG!
Last edited by Muadk on Feb 8, 2019, 7:13:35 PM
Check your firewall guys. Fixed it for me. Need to make an exception for PoE. Strange tho, since I've been playing for over a year on this comp, and suddenly firewall decided to block it.
Easy way: install game on fastest PCIx SSD
Hard way: wait until devs fix monstrous disk IO usage
I have the same problem...would say it started on 2/5 or 2/6. What is the "firewall solution". Forum posts this long despite being on the same topic are horrible to find useful content in.

Similar to everyone else worked fine for years then all of a sudden became an issue.
My game was is on a fast SSD an always has been so that was not the issue. It was 100% the firewall. People with same symptoms (started after last patch) as me im pretty sure its ur firewall. You just have to make an exception in the firewall to the path of exile .exe file. I thought it was already there since most games nowaday makes an exception when u install the game.
"
brain_damaged wrote:
Easy way: install game on fastest PCIx SSD
Hard way: wait until devs fix monstrous disk IO usage

"
svenniss wrote:
My game was is on a fast SSD an always has been so that was not the issue. It was 100% the firewall. People with same symptoms (started after last patch) as me im pretty sure its ur firewall. You just have to make an exception in the firewall to the path of exile .exe file. I thought it was already there since most games nowaday makes an exception when u install the game.

No, it's not a computer problem. It has nothing to do with the HDD, in fact I have a SSD m.2 and 16Gb DDR4 3200mhz.
No, it has nothing to do with the windows firewall configuration nor the router firewall nor anything to do with my computers or their configuration. If you please stop giving absurd "solutions" based on your conclusions I would be grateful.
It is a problem of interconnection of their servers, my ISP is not going to solve anything when the only problem comes with Path of Exile. No other game gives these problems, so suddenly without changes in my network configuration.
I'm not going to waste my time testing changes that have nothing to do with it. It reminds me when you have a connection problem and the ISP insists on checking DNS, rebooting router, checking cables, sacrificing humans or making a magic spell...... No sirs, your problem is not on this side nor can we do anything to solve it ourselves.

And yes, I work in IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
Last edited by kaupo on Feb 10, 2019, 6:05:20 AM
I have the same problem for many days now. It worked perfectly for years, but now it's broken. As of today, I cannot access my hideout. If this continues, I will be forced to stop, playing, which is a shame...
"
No, it's not a computer problem. It has nothing to do with the HDD, in fact I have a SSD m.2 and 16Gb DDR4 3200mhz.
No, it has nothing to do with the windows firewall configuration nor the router firewall nor anything to do with my computers or their configuration. If you please stop giving absurd "solutions" based on your conclusions I would be grateful.
It is a problem of interconnection of their servers, my ISP is not going to solve anything when the only problem comes with Path of Exile. No other game gives these problems, so suddenly without changes in my network configuration.
I'm not going to waste my time testing changes that have nothing to do with it. It reminds me when you have a connection problem and the ISP insists on checking DNS, rebooting router, checking cables, sacrificing humans or making a magic spell...... No sirs, your problem is not on this side nor can we do anything to solve it ourselves.

And yes, I work in IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8

Well I spoke with GGG and they suggested it to me. And all my problems are gone. Wow, aren't you proud, "I work in IT", not even gonna try a solution that literally takes 30 seconds to do. Enjoy the login screen then I guess. Why even bother posting here if dont even wanna try suggestions.
I think there is no doubt left in anyone's mind.

No amount of fixing and checking and trying new things works. Personally I rate GGG and Blizzard as one and the same.

I don't play Blizzard anymore. Sigh, time to put GGG into that category.
+1 to the train.

* Long loading screens. Mostly more than 30 seconds. Sometimes it let me think stuck and restart the game (more than 1 min).

* Sometimes, after the manual restart; game is freezing when I'm in any map (story maps). Naturally, restarting again manually again.

Its so annoying when it happens when need to portal and back to area. Because, have to restart most of time.

P.S.:
* I thought it was my internet at first. Checked everything, including ISP. It is OK.
* After using a portal to town, game is freezing (when in town) after long loading screen. If I use in game menu (ESC) to go char selection screen, it wont act. However, if I chose Login Screen, its act without delay.
* Changing gateway helped me for 1-2 hours. After a while it got me again but this time is worse than before.

Regards
Last edited by signonthe on Feb 13, 2019, 12:59:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info