Constant disconnects when loading zones

"
Boredom111 wrote:

Have you, and other people here, tried to use the --noasync in the shortcut?

Just did for kicks. Still crashed when loading another zone.
Yep getting this as well tried the --noasync thing my client didn't even start up, this needs fixing, cant even do lab.
I had this problem, too.
Haven't played a couple of days though because I died leveling a Witch and that always puts a dent into my motivation for a while.

Anyways there was a patch and I added --noasync and --waitforpreload command lines to the launcher and where I would always disconnect selecting my character and loading the zone, I wouldn't get any disconnect right now.

I don't know what fixed it (loader or command lines) but give those command lines a try if you still have trouble.

Pretty much fucks up the loading times though.
still no solution, i tried all options from launcher, changed router, reinstall the game, nothing fixed

edit: i created a thread on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a50ezi/disconnected_failed_to_connect_to_instance_problem/
Last edited by xev1l on Dec 11, 2018, 5:24:30 AM
guys, try to put the game in "Predictive mode", for now i haven't got any disc through many istances.
Does anyone have this issue AND have a SSD?
"
bubz_ wrote:
Does anyone have this issue AND have a SSD?

I just came back yesterday and also reinstalled PoE on my new SSD and I also have this issue. Tried the --noasync commandline, no improvement.
First time ever having a baffling issue like this in 5+ years I've been playing. But I won't give up yet, will try some other suggested fixes and see if that does the trick.

Edit:
Setting the Networking Mode to 'Predictive' seems to work just fine for me. Been rapidly switching zones with no issues since then.
Last edited by tarrende on Dec 11, 2018, 3:48:43 PM
Just adding a post here to keep a watch on this thread.

Tried following:
--async off and on, nogo.
Predictive/Lockstep, predictive works marginally better.
Defragmented the game, nogo.
Tried different HDD/SSD, nogo.
DX 9 and 11, same shit.
Multithreading off and on, same.
Different servers, same.

That said, the error is periodic. Sometimes I can play a couple of zones, other times I can't get to Lioneye even. The fun thing is that the game freezes as "not responsive" before it disconnects. It would almost appear as if the client has trouble loading the game rather than with the connection itself. (Tried without firewalls and antivirus as well, same effect.)

Any ideas?
Ive been having this issue so far up my ass for several years now i get fucking massively disconnected often. Today i really was fed up, i couldnt play in party, and i tried to improve it. I used to get these disconnects and mega longs loadings always. Don't have SSD. Used this computer pretty much since before poe 1.0.

-

I couldn't "solve" it, but these options seemed to work best:

--noasync --waitforpreload (not sure about last one i might disable that again)

using vsync

using dx11 (dx9 much more struttering and slower ive finally acknowledged this, despite forcing shadows the main thing i remove from any game for lag)

disable post processing
disable dynamic resolution

and in general trying not to set any setting too high

used GGPK defragmenter

-

However, the most best advice for at least my computer seems to be, you need to have way more space available than should be required. I used to barely be able to play if i didn't have around 100gb free hd space. Maybe my hd gotten older but i had to free more 150-200 and my game seemed to become more stable again now. I know it sounds fucked but it's for real, before it was like clockwork i knew it was mega lag if i had below 90gb, and it always got much improved like clockwork when i freed up more space. I tried on like 50gb free and it was absolute nightmare till i freed up more, unplayable.

Now, after getting dc every few instances all the time and mega lag ultra slow, i have been able to play for hours without a single dc and much faster loading than before.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Dec 11, 2018, 6:38:10 PM
Have you tried changing the gateway? Thats what did it for me.

I now play with ~150ms ping but no disconnects.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info