Constant disconnects when loading zones

Its really annoying! It gets me 3-4 times to connect and after that if I need to use teleport its 100% disconnect... FFS its not playable!! I`m going go uninstall the game if they don`t fix this in next couple of weeks!
"
Xliz wrote:
Its really annoying! It gets me 3-4 times to connect and after that if I need to use teleport its 100% disconnect... FFS its not playable!! I`m going go uninstall the game if they don`t fix this in next couple of weeks!

Go ahead and uninstall the game. GGG hasn't bothered to fix the game for years. Too busy coming up with new armor and other assorted crap.
I was having the same issues and after using this GGPK Defragmenter at the beginning of September I have not been disconnected while changing zones since. I hadn't re-installed the game since 2012 and it reduced my ggpk filesize by 2gb and it also made my load times better. You can read about it here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
I would suggest going into your game options then go to UI and change your network settings to either Lockstep or Predictive. this worked for me.
Almost every time I enter/exit a new area it gets stuck on the loading screen and I have to alt f4 , restart, and lose my minions, resummon, bla bla.

Gets boring after a while, not to mention I lose so many portals.

So where is the issue? It's not my internet, and its definitely not my PC.
Maybe some missing files? But why? I didn't edit/modify anything. I can't do a file check either like in most client based games.

Fix?

Edit 1. Changing to a different realm other than Frankfurt seems to have solved the issue, at least thus far. Odd, because it's definitely not prime time, it's 10 AM Germany time.
Last edited by pewdie on Oct 13, 2018, 4:44:44 AM
So like the last 2 days since this DDoS attack, I've been having a severely lacking consistency in connection. Most of the time I get cyclical lag spikes if I don't dc on a loading screen. But lately, it's trying to load into the game initially and then hope that your connection to the server settles. Initially upon experiencing the initial loading screen/dc, change from Wash, D.C. to Texas server location, back to loading screen and same thing. 37ms/44ms ye and when I do finally load into Highgate, lag spiking with freeze frames, maybe appears to settle down a bit, open inventory, blank spaces for gear, x out of that and try to move out of area for maybe better rendering luck, try and go to a different town or hideout, get stuck in loading screen and sc all over again...I've ran ping tests, reset router, cleaned out internet cache, ipconfig/flush dns in CMD, cleaned out all privacy and cookie traces, set minimal graphics settings, made sure to optimize internet connection, checked for any router updates etc...this is just mind boggling right now, and frustrating to say the least.
Hey just getting in the thread to say that I have the exact same problem. Which is a shame because I stopped playing the game because it was way to lagging 3 years ago and now that I was starting to having fun the lag is starting again and my patience is running low with all those god damn disconection on loading screens. It it take 15 minutes to start playing because it has to crash at every login step; initial login-> CRASH -> initial loggin -> Select character -> CRASH -> initial login -> select character -> Load map -> CRASH - > initial login -> select character -> Load map -> Im in ! and then it crashes randomly while loading a new map... )
I am a criminal a master among thieves
Sentenced without appeal for a crime I won't admit
Oh, sure, I did the deed, but one should never tell
Come and admire me, a rotten king, is wallowing in filth
Came back to the game after a looooong break cause i was having tons of dc problems in TESO, just to jump on another dc fest... how do u even play a summoner this way? or any end game content.
God i just want to go back to simpler times when online wasn't forced down your throat, worst part is everything runs smooth on consoles. Every single game is shit or a mess nowadays mehhhhh.
It is getting really annoying.. I just filled the bar for one of the hide outs. I enter the portal and bam - disconnect while on the loading screen. I load back in and the bar for the hideout is empty and no portals. Really nice game guys. I really want to like this game but I get constantly disconnected when loading zones and its getting really annoying...

Oh and the best part, since there are queues now, every time you get disconnected on a loading screen you have to wait 1k people in queue ...
Last edited by Ferashy on Dec 9, 2018, 2:31:53 PM
"
alexis0756049 wrote:
Hey just getting in the thread to say that I have the exact same problem. Which is a shame because I stopped playing the game because it was way to lagging 3 years ago and now that I was starting to having fun the lag is starting again and my patience is running low with all those god damn disconection on loading screens. It it take 15 minutes to start playing because it has to crash at every login step; initial login-> CRASH -> initial loggin -> Select character -> CRASH -> initial login -> select character -> Load map -> CRASH - > initial login -> select character -> Load map -> Im in ! and then it crashes randomly while loading a new map... )

Also having the exact same issue.

I've played every league no issues, played more than half of Delve no issues, just started with this 3.5 release. I'm onSteam.

It crashes to login screen every time, very very often. I ran Merveil from the last WP 23 times before I was able to kill her. Long maps are the worst, not bosses for me, because you almost always DC multiple times on the way there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info